Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Works much better in front pocket. Could revert to using the fob, should have received 2.

Exactly.... I cant understand an expectation that over 1000hp can be delivered in any car without vibration.... that's not to say it should vibrate under normal condition.

There are much more affordable iron rotor big brake options from Mountain Pass Performance and Racing Brake

That shouldn't be a surprise on a level 2 charger.
Thank you. I haven't tried the fobs. I'll do that. I need to look at brakes more if there are options.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
loosely played with the colors to get some wrap ideas. Any opinions anyone?
Current choice is red but thinking of switching order to White and wrapping the plaid to one of these colors. All photos are edited from the base (red) photo. Ignore the lazy tail light discoloration :p

Red
View attachment 796680

"Maritime Blue"
View attachment 796681

Green
View attachment 796682

Violet
View attachment 796683

"Miami Blue"

View attachment 796684

Hopefully this helps me and others decide as well haha
Green and Miami Blue!
How much does it cost to wrap a Model S?

Current choice is red but thinking of switching order to White and wrapping the plaid to one of these colors. All photos are edited from the base (red) photo. Ignore the lazy tail light discoloration :p

Red
View attachment 796680

"Maritime Blue"
View attachment 796681

Green
View attachment 796682

Violet
View attachment 796683

"Miami Blue"

View attachment 796684

They all look good but green would definitely be different and stand out..

I think you officially through the kitchen sink at it xD Please tag me when posting pics!! I don't want to miss it.
But aight, $1k or so for them. hmmmm
@DFWBrad I'll be creating its own thread in a minute but since we interacted here....
FINALLY picked up the car from the detailer yesterday....

- Xpel Satin PPF on panels
- Xpel Gloss PPF on all black trim
- Xpel Gloss PPF on headlights
- Xpel tinted PPF on tails
- 50% Tint Windshield
- 20% Tint Side windows & Back
- Ceramic Coating on top of Xpel + Wheels + Calipers
- Xpel Stealth Door Sills
- Illusion Orange Powder coated Brake Calipers
- Gloss Black Front T Emblem
- De-Badge Rear Emblems
- Xpel RX8 Matte Display Protectors (Front and rear screens)

More soon!

Attachments

• IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 206
  • IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    666.6 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_0222.jpg
    IMG_0222.jpg
    615.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0613.jpg
    IMG_0613.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0616.jpg
    IMG_0616.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0618.jpg
    IMG_0618.jpg
    469.8 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0626.jpg
    IMG_0626.jpg
    807.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0633.jpg
    IMG_0633.jpg
    745 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0641.jpg
    IMG_0641.jpg
    465.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0642.jpg
    IMG_0642.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 115
@DFWBrad I'll be creating its own thread in a minute but since we interacted here....
FINALLY picked up the car from the detailer yesterday....

- Xpel Satin PPF on panels
- Xpel Gloss PPF on all black trim
- Xpel Gloss PPF on headlights
- Xpel tinted PPF on tails
- 50% Tint Windshield
- 20% Tint Side windows & Back
- Ceramic Coating on top of Xpel + Wheels + Calipers
- Xpel Stealth Door Sills
- Illusion Orange Powder coated Brake Calipers
- Gloss Black Front T Emblem
- De-Badge Rear Emblems
- Xpel RX8 Matte Display Protectors (Front and rear screens)

More soon!
That's awesome looking. I guess I should start saving for stealth xpel...

If you keep it in plaid mode, I think the battery tries to heat up to be able to deliver plaid power every time you take a small trip, so the wh/mile is always high.

I found my wh/mile was closer to 275 in chill mode vs 350 in plaid mode.

I think the range calculation is around 250wh/mile for the max range. Assume the usable battery Is 96.5kwh
I think you are referring to Dragstrip mode. Dragstrip mode heats the battery and cools the motors to optimum temperatures.

I think you are referring to Dragstrip mode. Dragstrip mode heats the battery and cools the motors to optimum temperatures.
No no, putting it in plaid mode or insane mode (for the Jon plaid folks) also kicks off temp conditioning of the battery

This is from the manual (acceleration mode section)

“Insane or Plaid strives to keep the Battery within an optimal temperature range. In addition to heating the Battery, these settings also cool the battery when necessary (for example, while driving at high speeds, during rapid acceleration, driving for long periods, etc.).”

I like maritime blue myself.

Red
View attachment 796680

"Maritime Blue"
View attachment 796681

Green
View attachment 796682

Violet
View attachment 796683

"Miami Blue"

View attachment 796684

British Racing Green would be awesome. love the Blue

Official version of the kagu mats are finally out if that hasnt hit the thread. Cargo area mats still not available.

3D MAXpider Kagu Custom Fit Floor Liners (Black) for 2021-2022 Tesla Model S Amazon.com: 3D MAXpider Kagu Custom Fit Floor Liners (Black) for 2021-2022 Tesla Model S Refresh - Complete Set : Automotive

Official version of the kagu mats are finally out if that hasnt hit the thread. Cargo area mats still not available.

3D MAXpider Kagu Custom Fit Floor Liners (Black) for 2021-2022 Tesla Model S Amazon.com: 3D MAXpider Kagu Custom Fit Floor Liners (Black) for 2021-2022 Tesla Model S Refresh - Complete Set : Automotive

I just installed these (front and rear seats) for my Plaid and they are just excellent.
Much nicer than the Weathertech mats I previously purchased (BMW M4). Highly recommended!
Awaiting alert when the cargo mat becomes available so I can buy that next.

I just installed these (front and rear seats) for my Plaid and they are just excellent.
Much nicer than the Weathertech mats I previously purchased (BMW M4). Highly recommended!
Awaiting alert when the cargo mat becomes available so I can buy that next.

What about the Tesmanian and Teslarati compared to these? What would be the best all weather option in regards to fit, quality, and durability?

If you keep it in plaid mode, I think the battery tries to heat up to be able to deliver plaid power every time you take a small trip, so the wh/mile is always high.

I found my wh/mile was closer to 275 in chill mode vs 350 in plaid mode.

I think the range calculation is around 250wh/mile for the max range. Assume the usable battery Is 96.5kwh

I am never out of Plaid mode!