Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Check the stock. Only 1 Model S in the US and it is in Hawaii. All other models are similar. with Texas online I would have thought we would see some movement.
My next EDD range starts this Saturday. If the pattern holds the EDD will yet again be pushed out another month precisely at 8am Saturday morning.😔

Yep basically no stock except potential declined deliveries popping up. No new VINs all month. Isn’t this odd?
I’m a RN1155 order so hoping I get one in May considering new orders state Jun-Jul delivery for Plaids.

Has production been stopped for the Model S'? haha where are the VINs this month? I'm still on "TBD"
Perhaps they’re focusing on Canada? I saw a bunch of brand new Model S’s (and some Model X’s) a few days ago at my local SC here in Toronto, and according to the advisor, several of these vehicles have a very recent April build date.

@DFWBrad I'll be creating its own thread in a minute but since we interacted here....
FINALLY picked up the car from the detailer yesterday....

- Xpel Satin PPF on panels
- Xpel Gloss PPF on all black trim
- Xpel Gloss PPF on headlights
- Xpel tinted PPF on tails
- 50% Tint Windshield
- 20% Tint Side windows & Back
- Ceramic Coating on top of Xpel + Wheels + Calipers
- Xpel Stealth Door Sills
- Illusion Orange Powder coated Brake Calipers
- Gloss Black Front T Emblem
- De-Badge Rear Emblems
- Xpel RX8 Matte Display Protectors (Front and rear screens)

More soon!
Aight this is absolutely beautiful O_O if I planned on keeping this car I would 100% get that Satin look.

I did have a fun meeting yesterday where the guys drove up in some DeLorean's. So Had to get a good shot with them xD

Attachments

• 20220425_120826.jpg
    20220425_120826.jpg
    592 KB · Views: 111
  • 20220425_121035.jpg
    20220425_121035.jpg
    583.7 KB · Views: 69
  • 20220425_121117.jpg
    20220425_121117.jpg
    717.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 20220425_142340.jpg
    20220425_142340.jpg
    859.4 KB · Views: 83
Appears the person who initially claimed he wanted to purchase my new takeoff 19" tires, has disappeared. I'll post an ad in the classifieds, but if anyone is interested in a set of 4 stock/OEM 19" Summer Pirelli's off of a 2022 Model S LR with less than 100 miles on them, shoot me a PM. Will need to pick up in the Richmond VA area. Whatever Tire Rack is charging, knock off 20% of that. And no tax of course.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Explain to me how I charge at work without it then please. There are no chargers there nor any for many miles.

What you find useless is irrelevant to me.

Range anxiety? Hardly think so. We have a MYP and a Plaid. Drove hundreds of miles on trips from SoCal to Bay Area, Joshua Tree, San Diego, Vegas, Palm Springs, and a bunch of other places when we had less range on a S75 and an X75D.

Ya, let it go. Ignore button activated.
You are an outlier, 1% or less charge at work. So let’s give everyone a $400 piece of equipment that 99% won’t use. Sure, there are a few use cases beyond those that charge at work, but why create all that waste of money and resources for 5%?. Just like spare tires. Most will never use it. In total it might be 5%, don’t know exact number, some charge when visiting grand ma, some charge at work. It’s a small number.

Tesla says the numbers don’t justify it. It makes sense. Get over it. Price on the car will be adjusted to what the market will bear with or with out it included. Get rid of the waste and go Ala cart.

My car showed up 2 days early. Well worth the wait!! Thank you to everyone who taught me and kept me positive through the wait. Missing trunk bottom, plate holder, and mats. No QA issues at all. (Shocked)

View attachment 797896View attachment 797897View attachment 797898View attachment 797899
Congrats man!!!! Hope you enjoy it :D

Almost 1 month in for me! My biggest complaint is my seat started squeaking during bumps or movements.....

Anyone got that issue and have a fix?

If I were to change my Model S order to a Model X order would I get to keep my old pricing. For example, if a Model S was $79,990 and Model X was 89,990 (at the time) would they honor the old price for the Model X?

I know we can switch between Plaid or LR but didn't know if we could switch between different models.

I just hit 1,000 miles today. Still no sign of vibration.

As you can see I'm babying it based on my wh/mi average See image below.

No squeaks or rattles.

Got one odd warning about reduce steering assist. I suspect it might be related to installing mud flaps in that I had the wheel turned all the way in the garage for like a day while I assessed mudflap tweaking. It was the next drive it gave me that warning and it has not done it again since.

Finally got 3D MaxPider mats. I put them on TOP of the OEM cloth mats to maximize the noise isolation. They still fit quite nice on top.
Waiting for cargo and frunk mats. Currently cramming in my MaxPider mat from my X.

Also played with ANR a lot today, someone suggested music must play, I played a "Silent track" at full volume.
Still nothing my ears can tell yet. But I have more experiment to try. Still pretty happy with noise levels though.

Hitch parts are in. I'd like to do some research on wiring before I pull bumper off. I'd like to try and "OEM" wire it, if I can.

OEM mudflaps are on and actually work. See Model S Refresh Mud/Splash Guards

52027717946_3100f29c06_b_d.jpg
I have similar numbers. However, my display shows trip A and trip B. How did you get a Lifetime section?

Perhaps they’re focusing on Canada? I saw a bunch of brand new Model S’s (and some Model X’s) a few days ago at my local SC here in Toronto, and according to the advisor, several of these vehicles have a very recent April build date.

Definitely seems like it, quite a few inventory models (cancelations) rotating in and out of availability in QC and BC... no cancelations in ON (unfortunate for me).

SA did mention that we should be getting some more in June again.

Definitely seems like it, quite a few inventory models (cancelations) rotating in and out of availability in QC and BC... no cancelations in ON (unfortunate for me).

SA did mention that we should be getting some more in June again.
Unbeknownst to me when I ordered, there's a new luxury tax in Canada on cars > $100K that kicks in for cars delivered on Sept 1, 2022 or later. My SA says that Tesla is aware of this issue and trying to deliver as many MS's and MX's as possible to Canada before then. Not sure if this is true or not given how disorganized Tesla is ATM. I sure hope he's right.

I was hemming and hawing about ordering the new MS since early Jan. Didn't pull the trigger till 03/30/22. Had I known about the tax in Jan, I would have ordered it then. That decision will cost me another $6K-$7K if it comes in in Sept or later.

RN 1168 - MSLR Blue w Black; 19"; no FSD; EDD Aug 1 to Sept 26 - please Tesla monkey - come through before Sept!!!

You are an outlier, 1% or less charge at work. So let’s give everyone a $400 piece of equipment that 99% won’t use. Sure, there are a few use cases beyond those that charge at work, but why create all that waste of money and resources for 5%?. Just like spare tires. Most will never use it. In total it might be 5%, don’t know exact number, some charge when visiting grand ma, some charge at work. It’s a small number.

Tesla says the numbers don’t justify it. It makes sense. Get over it. Price on the car will be adjusted to what the market will bear with or with out it included. Get rid of the waste and go Ala cart.
He blocked me for calling him out on how rarely the mobile chargers are ever used. Even if you were out of charge, you would have to wait hours just to get enough charge to take it to the nearest supercharger or high-powered charger; at which point, you may as well get it towed to get it charged. It is a rare rare rare rare rare case. Who buys an EV only to charge it at work? It's like using other people's wifi instead of having wifi at home; YES!!!! I actually know people that do this and it boggles my brain. They can afford a car that is $100,000 but try to save a few bucks by going out of their way to charge it for free elsewhere. I agree with Tesla, the numbers do not justify giving this thing away that almost NOBODY will use for free. Shoot, had I known, I would have kept mine when I sold my leased Model X for-profit and donated it to someone crying about it for free and they pay the shipping charges. I have NEVER seen someone use it except in extremely rare cases. And saying you charge at work; says you are an extreme case; plus many places have actual EV chargers in the workplace which means the mobile charger wouldn't get used anyway; you would only need the FREEEEEEEE adapter that comes with the car.

I see the people with the 21s are really trying to justify their purchase. Look if I wanted to blow another 5 grand, it wouldn't be on wheels that made my car slower and 15% less range for slightly better looking wheels.

The 19s look great without the wheel covers on. There's also a lot better aftermarket wheels for that kind of money.

I could say those things if I wanted to critique people's buying choices, but I don't care what other people like.

My overall point is don't try to make people feel bad for their choice. People like different things and that's okay. If you like the 21s great, but nobody cares whether or not you don't like the 19s.

I see the people with the 21s are really trying to justify their purchase. Look if I wanted to blow another 5 grand, it wouldn't be on wheels that made my car slower and 15% less range for slightly better looking wheels.

The 19s look great without the wheel covers on. There's also a lot better aftermarket wheels for that kind of money.

I could say those things if I wanted to critique people's buying choices, but I don't care what other people like.

My overall point is don't try to make people feel bad for their choice. People like different things and that's okay. If you like the 21s great, but nobody cares whether or not you don't like the 19s.
19’s or 21’s; they are all good and a personal thing like you say. I ordered 21’s because of looks and wanted my car quicker. I got the car within a few months of ordering, sold the 21’s for even better looking lightweight forged 20’s and am a happy guy. 🍻🍻