Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What VIN range? '22 plaid?

Yeah, my yoke buzzes super loud. I hear it at every stop light. It was briefly fixed during the last few software updates, but each time it reverts to buzzing after a few days. It's a software bug in the yoke mcu that they can't seem to fix.

Mine was Built: Wednesday October 20th @ 11:13AM 2021
VIN MF452xxx

MF454 vin. No buzz. However the lower left coating is rubbing off from abrasion when entering and exiting the car...not going to ask for replacement for fear of attracting a buzzy yoke.

MF454 vin. No buzz. However the lower left coating is rubbing off from abrasion when entering and exiting the car...not going to ask for replacement for fear of attracting a buzzy yoke.
I have no buzz in my new MXP.
However the yoke material is much different than what I had in my MSP. So I’m hoping the surface doesn’t rub off as you’ve mentioned and I’ve seen other pics of.

I'm pretty sure it is there, just hard to hear on some cars. I've heard it on every car I've sat in, well, which is only 3 at this point. I'm tempted to just unplug the haptic feedback motor to make it stop. Depends whether I think the haptic feedback is useful... It would also be nice to secure the motor better, because mine is now vibrating when the car goes over bumps.

Thanks, I'll give it a shot when I get home

Yeah '22 plaid. VIN NF476xxx. They said the build date was April 10th I think. Ordered March and got lucky by finding this in inventory 2 weeks ago. Maybe it was rejected because of the trunk 😂
Well, hasn't been fixed then in the latest builds. Bummer. How about your console cubby light? Does it turn off when you open the lid and turn on when you close the lid? And is the passenger door really hard to close with the window up?

Looks great! Can you post some more side shots too. I understand the need/desire for the mudflaps I just don’t think I could ever do it.
Here you go. Suspension on low in these pics.

Attachments

• IMG_6683.jpeg
    IMG_6683.jpeg
    707.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_6682.jpeg
    IMG_6682.jpeg
    799.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_6680.jpeg
    IMG_6680.jpeg
    860.4 KB · Views: 86
Okay, I thought I’d share what I’ve been seeing.
I ordered in early March (model S-LR).
initially it said June-august delivery.
within a week or two that changed to july-September.
Yesterday it changed to May 3-20 and within an hour, I received a call/voicemail, text, and email urging me to complete my online account stuff.
i didn’t check here prior, so I did enter trade-in info already (2013 S85 with around 52,000 miles).
So now we wait…

Yesterday it changed to May 3-20 and within an hour, I received a call/voicemail, text, and email urging me to complete my online account stuff.
i didn’t check here prior, so I did enter trade-in info already (2013 S85 with around 52,000 miles).
So now we wait…
wow thats pretty soon. let us know if it holds lol. You didnt do financing right?

So now we wait…
Lucky!
This seems to support that current owners get priority delivery, though of course doesn't prove it.
What specs did you order?

Lucky!
This seems to support that current owners get priority delivery, though of course doesn't prove it.
What specs did you order?
In my practice if I take patients with better insurance first, I would be call unethical.
Stange how some people have waited over a year and many well over 6 months to see someone get matched almost immediately.
Oh, you are in California, Want FSD, getting a Plaid, etc. Step right this way. Next we will be seeing Disney's "fast pass" service.
No hate for the person with early match but have to seriously question Tesla's order system.

In my practice if I take patients with better insurance first, I would be call unethical.
Stange how some people have waited over a year and many well over 6 months to see someone get matched almost immediately.
Oh, you are in California, Want FSD, getting a Plaid, etc. Step right this way. Next we will be seeing Disney's "fast pass" service.
No hate for the person with early match but have to seriously question Tesla's order system.
Agreed. There's some very strange logic happening in the order system. There are only build 60 combinations (not including FSD), so I'm willing to bet that there's someone ahead of @Jeffsstuff that has the same order combination. That's also assuming that Tesla has no control whatsoever on what they produce (e.g. rolling a dice and seeing what comes out the end of the factory, and then trying to match), which we know is not the case.

There are long lead-time supply chains, especially for the interior parts, the wheels, and the motors (Plaid/LR) that they can presumably control when they order from their suppliers / internal production. I suspect that's why there are so few combinations, especially when compared to direct competition like Porsche, BMW, even Rivian. Yet the fact that they're still unable to sequence deliveries is mindblowing.

@Jeffsstuff is in SoCal, so we can't even attribute this early delivery to the fact that they're local...

There are either factors I'm not accounting for (priority for legacy customers, regional quotas, unaccounted profitability variances even within trims, prioritization of higher-priced orders), OR... they use a random number generator (or this famed monkey) to allocate vehicles. Occam's Razor would suggest that the latter hypothesis is the most likely.

For context, I was an engineer in that very factory when it was Toyota/NUMMI, so I have a good sense of how vehicle production works...

So now we wait…
Weird mine changed too- just to June

Reactions: EndlessPlaid