Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My red plaid is still June 22 -> Aug 3rd =( Also ordered in March 14th, but I did a color change on March 27th.
I ordered MSLR in November. EED went from April to June. Now showing July-August? Interesting people that ordered in March at the highr price than me, have an earlier delivery date. Maybe Tesla hopes I give up waiting and they can sell the car higher? Seems Muskish.

On the plus side, the longer you wait the better chance you have of them fixing some of the production bugs. I thought I waited long enough to get my plaid in November, but clearly I was wrong. My car is full of bugs. I wish I had waited a lot longer.
Well, some have gone away, or at least not much mention here. Any bugs get in your tailights?

• Funny
Reactions: Laddcruzer
Okay let me see how much of this I can address.
yes I am financing (didn’t realize there was a reason not to)
order is for model S (not plaid)
pearl exterior, white interior
19” wheels
FSD
Deliveries seem to happen sooner if the buyer has the car setup as a cash purchase. You can contact them to change it to cash. You can easily change your payment back to financing but I would wait until the car is actually in transit to you. Don't let them rush you.

Last edited:
Ok. My saga with initial issues is done. Happens with every Tesla we have owned.

• Basically a list of items that should have been caught/fixed at factory.
  • These are handled, with no resistance.
  • Then you have a worry free vehicle going forward.
  • YMMV. My sample set is 6.

Plaid is wonderful. Now. :)
Nice. Did you find a solution for the vibrating half shafts? My SC has no solution for that yet.

MF454 vin. No buzz. However the lower left coating is rubbing off from abrasion when entering and exiting the car...not going to ask for replacement for fear of attracting a buzzy yoke.
Tip: The power steering remains powered up for a bit when you park.

Just turn it upside down when leaving and with the extra clearance you won't rub/wear your yoke when entering and leaving the car . . . .