Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
WHERE THE F IS TIGERS?????????

1651602277859.png

Okay let me see how much of this I can address.
yes I am financing (didn’t realize there was a reason not to)
order is for model S (not plaid)
pearl exterior, white interior
19” wheels
FSD
And a new issue has popped up, and I just don’t get it.
we are financing the vehicle. Trouble is, my wife is the main breadwinner and the loan and vehicle will be in both of our names. All fine but right in the middle of when they estimate deliver 3-22nd of May, she will be away on a business trip and unavailable. According to Tesla, they will only hold the car for three days. That means that if it arrives on a few of the possible dates, she won‘t be back within those three days (we would potentially need 1-3 additional days). Are we expected to not make any sort of plans for months prior to delivery? They said they will release the vin to the next customer in line and put us back in the queue? Does that mean we start over at the beginning? That is absurd!
now I’m hoping the thing doesn’t arrive until the end of the month.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
And a new issue has popped up, and I just don’t get it.
we are financing the vehicle. Trouble is, my wife is the main breadwinner and the loan and vehicle will be in both of our names. All fine but right in the middle of when they estimate deliver 3-22nd of May, she will be away on a business trip and unavailable. According to Tesla, they will only hold the car for three days. That means that if it arrives on a few of the possible dates, she won‘t be back within those three days (we would potentially need 1-3 additional days). Are we expected to not make any sort of plans for months prior to delivery? They said they will release the vin to the next customer in line and put us back in the queue? Does that mean we start over at the beginning? That is absurd!
now I’m hoping the thing doesn’t arrive until the end of the month.
Do you actually have a VIN# assigned? Is this for Plaid or LR? What is the first four of your RN.

IF you have a VIN and want the car I'd do everything possible to fly her out for half the day to take delivery of the car....

If you do not have a VIN depending on your order date/build/location(looks like CA) there is a pretty high probability that date will change...

Nice. Did you find a solution for the vibrating half shafts? My SC has no solution for that yet.
Nope. See below.
I don't think there is one - and Tesla now considers it to be expected, as a normal characteristic of the MS/MX.
There is not one for me. I don’t have this issue. I had enough others.

All addressed. :)

Do you actually have a VIN# assigned? Is this for Plaid or LR? What is the first four of your RN.

IF you have a VIN and want the car I'd do everything possible to fly her out for half the day to take delivery of the car....

If you do not have a VIN depending on your order date/build/location(looks like CA) there is a pretty high probability that date will change...
I do not have a VIN yet. LR RN starts with 1166.
flying her back isn’t really an option as she is hosting the meetings.

I do not have a VIN yet. LR RN starts with 1166.
flying her back isn’t really an option as she is hosting the meetings.

Based on your RN and it being a LR. I'd say you have a very very low chance of it being delivered in that window. I would not stress it to be honest. In the unlikely chance it does show up maybe Tesla will work with you and do an early morning or late in the day delivery where she can fly out. Otherwise, if there is no possibility of that you will just have to get put back in the rotation.