Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not have a VIN yet. LR RN starts with 1166.
flying her back isn’t really an option as she is hosting the meetings.

I do not have a VIN yet. LR RN starts with 1166.
flying her back isn’t really an option as she is hosting the meetings.
Just have her fill out a Power of Attorney so that you can sign any docs on her behalf?

That should work . . . if not, talk to a manager and get an extension of a few days so she can get back into town. You've waited long enough and Tesla is being unreasonable.

And a new issue has popped up, and I just don’t get it.
we are financing the vehicle. Trouble is, my wife is the main breadwinner and the loan and vehicle will be in both of our names. All fine but right in the middle of when they estimate deliver 3-22nd of May, she will be away on a business trip and unavailable. According to Tesla, they will only hold the car for three days. That means that if it arrives on a few of the possible dates, she won‘t be back within those three days (we would potentially need 1-3 additional days). Are we expected to not make any sort of plans for months prior to delivery? They said they will release the vin to the next customer in line and put us back in the queue? Does that mean we start over at the beginning? That is absurd!
now I’m hoping the thing doesn’t arrive until the end of the month.
I've never done this, but I wonder about a Limited Power of Attorney. She could name you to sign on her behalf? I'm sure it is dependent upon state, but might be something to explore.

What’s the Deal With Power of Attorney and Car Loan Refinancing? - RateGenius

Just have her fill out a Power of Attorney so that you can sign any docs on her behalf?

That should work . . . if not, talk to a manager and get an extension of a few days so she can get back into town. You've waited long enough and Tesla is being unreasonable.
Hahaha, we answered at almost the same time with the same idea. Great minds think alike! 🤓

POA... Then, go on a cruise!! LOL
Sounds like a good way of getting around this... I can't understand why Tesla would not accommodate customers as every situation is different.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
What are the chances of us getting a retrofit option for the screen tilt motors ?

Assuming the brakes has not changed over time, you'd need the motors, something hinge-y to replace the bolts that hold the mount in a fixed position and power + LIN controller (or the like) to drive the motors. Not rocket science but also not sure Tesla would do it.

In the 11 months of driving mine, I don't think I've ever wished the screen would tilt. So far the only "update" I would pay for is the new matrix headlights, but that seems likes it is also gonna be a DIY hack.

PS I know you were summoning @Tigers but you got me instead :)

Assuming the brakes has not changed over time, you'd need the motors, something hinge-y to replace the bolts that hold the mount in a fixed position and power + LIN controller (or the like) to drive the motors. Not rocket science but also not sure Tesla would do it.

In the 11 months of driving mine, I don't think I've ever wished the screen would tilt. So far the only "update" I would pay for is the new matrix headlights, but that seems likes it is also gonna be a DIY hack.

I got my car last Tuesday. I don’t see tilt function on the UI, so not sure if I have it unless there’s an OTA update. From the video, the sound of the tilting screen makes me cringe. I’ll pass or never use it if I get it. I love the screen the way it is, and get a lot of compliments when others ride in the car with me.

Everyone put your orders on hold. 😂😂😂

I've never done this, but I wonder about a Limited Power of Attorney. She could name you to sign on her behalf? I'm sure it is dependent upon state, but might be something to explore.

What’s the Deal With Power of Attorney and Car Loan Refinancing? - RateGenius
an excellent idea. If it looks like that will be an issue, I’ll do just that (still a small probability that it will come in the window and even then, smaller probability that she will be away the entire three day period it’s available).