Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Btw, this car was in Taiwan way back in mid-January 2022. I suspect that any car with the refreshed lights has the motorized screen.
Hope so. It’s been waited so long. The rear bar is not even black, which means it must be manufactured earlier than the public version of new 2022 refresh model s. It also helps to solidify your thought.

And a new issue has popped up, and I just don’t get it.
we are financing the vehicle. Trouble is, my wife is the main breadwinner and the loan and vehicle will be in both of our names. All fine but right in the middle of when they estimate deliver 3-22nd of May, she will be away on a business trip and unavailable. According to Tesla, they will only hold the car for three days. That means that if it arrives on a few of the possible dates, she won‘t be back within those three days (we would potentially need 1-3 additional days). Are we expected to not make any sort of plans for months prior to delivery? They said they will release the vin to the next customer in line and put us back in the queue? Does that mean we start over at the beginning? That is absurd!
now I’m hoping the thing doesn’t arrive until the end of the month.
The SA manager can hold it longer if you provide loan commitment docs / check etc to demonstrate funding commitment. If it's not quarter end there's a lot less stress to push delivery velocity. They just don't want carpetbaggers holding inventory.

On Munro Live the screen linkage was in a fixed position by torx bolts through slotted aluminum bars. I would think that incorporating spring loaded friction washers would allow manual screen adjustment just by pulling or pushing the screen frame, rather than having to access the touch screen to use motors.
Yes, it's fancy. Just like having a motorized laptop opener, for gosh sakes! :rolleyes:
Much rather have a powered frunk, soft close doors...

Last edited:
Hey all. I have a vehicle on the way with a Build date of April 27 and Delivery date scheduled for May 10.

I am excited to let you guys know if I have the screen tilt!
Heard this swivel started with cars on the 04/29.
If yours does not have this feature and any other person here with an April 29th or later build date has, then that 29th data point can be confirmed.
Good luck lol

Hey all. I have a vehicle on the way with a Build date of April 27 and Delivery date scheduled for May 10.

I am excited to let you guys know if I have the screen tilt!
And you'll rip it apart so we can all see what all the parts involved are for a full working screen, right?
If you are the first here, I think you are obligated to do so. ;)

Nope, someone with a week old delivery just said he had his opened for a manual swivel mod and he said, no motors.

No motors. March build and had to see for myself.

Attachments

• 9CD4EDA2-76D9-4C14-ACF1-9D2019A1E1DC.jpeg
    9CD4EDA2-76D9-4C14-ACF1-9D2019A1E1DC.jpeg
    379.2 KB · Views: 101
I don't see how it wouldn't be possible to just get the motor and fit it in there to get the feature working... does anyone have any ideas as to what would prevent this from working?
Software and wiring.

Tesla needs to support this upgrade if you want it to work OEM.

If all that is missing is the motors. That might happen. Maybe free, maybe not.

I’m not sure how much I care, honestly.

There is a chance that if it detects the motors are present the software automatically displays the button to operate. Likely, if there is also a controller board added with the motors. If that’s the case Mobile service could probably upgrade ;)