Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Re: seat - I have a refresh 2.0, started hearing something kinda like that from under the passenger seat. I moved the passenger seat all the way forward and found that there is a bit of plastic on a vent there that was occasionally rubbing against some other plastic. I put a small bit of felt to line the plastic and it took care of it. I hope you have the same issue and this gets resolved for you.
They just came out

1. They finally got me the privacy shelf thing
  2. They told me they can't really work on the squeaking, we found where it's coming from but not much he could do remote (which I assumed)
    1. I asked him if I could just spray some WD40 on it to see if that helps, and he said sure! No issue, if it doesn't just schedule an appointment at the shop
  3. As for the lights....this was tiltingly easy
    1. You get into the setting portion when it's dark out
    2. You get some tape or a line on the wall
    3. use the left scroll wheel to move the light up and down till they match where you want them....
    4. No fancy tools/lines or anything that you can't do at home, he kinda laughed at the prompt to "get a technician to do it"
    5. 100% do not need tech person for this, you can do it yourself
Overall the only issue I will have left is the squeaking, and just going to try to solve myself before taking to shop. But it's quite annoying as it happens on every little bump now.
I really have enjoyed the techs that come out to see me though. They're always super chill, informative, and easy to work with. so 10/10 for Tesla on that one.
The tech support via the app is a little annoying to deal with as I'm 99% sure it's a robot most the time.

They just came out

1. They finally got me the privacy shelf thing
  2. They told me they can't really work on the squeaking, we found where it's coming from but not much he could do remote (which I assumed)
    1. I asked him if I could just spray some WD40 on it to see if that helps, and he said sure! No issue, if it doesn't just schedule an appointment at the shop
  3. As for the lights....this was tiltingly easy
    1. You get into the setting portion when it's dark out
    2. You get some tape or a line on the wall
    3. use the left scroll wheel to move the light up and down till they match where you want them....
    4. No fancy tools/lines or anything that you can't do at home, he kinda laughed at the prompt to "get a technician to do it"
    5. 100% do not need tech person for this, you can do it yourself
Overall the only issue I will have left is the squeaking, and just going to try to solve myself before taking to shop. But it's quite annoying as it happens on every little bump now.
I really have enjoyed the techs that come out to see me though. They're always super chill, informative, and easy to work with. so 10/10 for Tesla on that one.
The tech support via the app is a little annoying to deal with as I'm 99% sure it's a robot most the time.
As far as plastic rubbing, WD40 is to thin. Try a dab of Vaseline as it might stay between the parts in contact. It would be nice to get a picture and post it as I'm sure your car is not the only one with this mystery noise. You might even find that something needs snapped into place to retain it away from contact..

He's not kidding, it really does look like 45 degrees. It's quite insane and I don't see the purpose for it O_O

Only thing I can see is for when you're sitting at the charger or stopped watching netflix, etc. for an extended period of time solo. Can't say it is that important or that exciting of a feature for me either but cool I guess.

Well I really don’t know what games Tesla is playing. I jumped through hoops to get them all the info requested since they said May 3-20. And today now it shows September 11-November 6. That’s later than the original June-Aug or the revised july-Sep. so why make me do all the work if they were going to push it out even further?
Sorry man. Welcome to the club. One thing is for certain this will not be the last time your EDD shifts/changes. Many examples in the various threads posted here. Most orders are taking an average of 9 months for delivery based on my observations. Feels like the trend is extending though. Just wait for the VIN to pop before you do anything further.