Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey all;

Saw the news about the center screen rotating via a well known mechanical device yesterday, missed all the posts since then.

Nothing on the App but a missed email Tuesday, and a text just now came stating I can release my hold now.

Called my SA and was told:

1) You only get one hold now, if I don't pull the trigger I lose my res fee and get back in line..

2) I have five days from my hold date May 10, to accept, three to schedule delivery.

3) My car will have the center screen kinematics so endlessly discussed in this thread.

4) I will get a MC, although I already have two.

5) I can still schedule Fremont delivery, if I want to avoid shipping damage, but have to dodge rock and debris on the 300 mile trip home.

FOMO is low, FUD is moderate. Greater than Zero chance I will accept the new car and sell the old.

Same exact BS as last time. Scheduled an appointment, took time off work, only to have them reschedule it.
Except last time the car arrived earlier than the rescheduled time and when I couldn’t pick it up they released the car.

I wish Tesla was aware that some people can’t just take time off work on a whim, especially when traveling is a big part of their job.

1592AE42-8971-4413-A823-13AFD13EC9C9.png

Maybe this is a sign that it’s just not meant to be

Did they honor pricing from August 2021 for the Plaid, or did you have to pay April 2022 pricing? Just curious...

They honored August 2021 Pricing for the plaid. In fact they let me make the change myself. once they removed the “Cash” choice from my order and I was back at the point where I could choose between cash and financing, I saw the “Edit Design” option show up. There I was able to switch back and forth between LR and Plaid while keeping those August 21 Prices. I could make changes to paint, etc as well.

I have multiple plan B's

Reject and place an order for MX

Accept/sell the new car

Cancel and keep the old car until the nose cone falls off...

Leave the Tesla ecosystem and go EQS.
Don’t want an MX, also doesn’t change the Tesla delivery jerk around.

If I can accept the car, why sell it? It’s the taking delivery part that’s been unpleasant so far.

Option 3 is definitely an option

I wouldn’t buy any other EV until they have access to the SC network.

Hey all;

Saw the news about the center screen rotating via a well known mechanical device yesterday, missed all the posts since then.

Nothing on the App but a missed email Tuesday, and a text just now came stating I can release my hold now.

Called my SA and was told:

1) You only get one hold now, if I don't pull the trigger I lose my res fee and get back in line..

2) I have five days from my hold date May 10, to accept, three to schedule delivery.

3) My car will have the center screen kinematics so endlessly discussed in this thread.

4) I will get a MC, although I already have two.

5) I can still schedule Fremont delivery, if I want to avoid shipping damage, but have to dodge rock and debris on the 300 mile trip home.

FOMO is low, FUD is moderate. Greater than Zero chance I will accept the new car and sell the old.
I'm sure I've asked this but can't remember a reply.... Have you driven a refresh?

HERE IT ****ING IS EVERYBODY AFTER SUCH A LONG WAIT! NEW LIGHTS ARE NOW ON THE SITE AND SO IS THE TILTING SCREEN!

Tilting screen returns to Model S site over a year after being removed!

Go check it out!

HERE IT ****ING IS EVERYBODY AFTER SUCH A LONG WAIT! NEW LIGHTS ARE NOW ON THE SITE AND SO IS THE TILTING SCREEN!

Tilting screen returns to Model S site over a year after being removed!

Go check it out!
4 open connectors behind the screen on my 3/2022 build. Perhaps some could be for screen tilt?
connectors.jpg