Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has the "Feature Details" always shown ambient lighting as a feature?

View attachment 801121
Do believe so. Since the door sill lights and foot well lighting I believe is what Tesla refers to as "ambient lighting". However, that differs from what the internet calls (and wants as) ambient lighting.

HERE IT ****ING IS EVERYBODY AFTER SUCH A LONG WAIT! NEW LIGHTS ARE NOW ON THE SITE AND SO IS THE TILTING SCREEN!

Tilting screen returns to Model S site over a year after being removed!

Go check it out!
Interesting, the site doesn’t show the screen for the X. Although the X rear pic is of the new taillights, so it is current.

HERE IT ****ING IS EVERYBODY AFTER SUCH A LONG WAIT! NEW LIGHTS ARE NOW ON THE SITE AND SO IS THE TILTING SCREEN!

Go check it out!

Assuming it does not buzz or vibrate, good news.

All we need is the 200 mph speed and real ambient lights, and my FOMO would be near zero.

Reactions: nebusoft
I took delivery last week and don't have the tilt that I know of. The horn will be a OTA eventually. The tilt is rumored to be on the refresh.v2 builds. We'll see in the next update. I'm current on my updates from what I can tell.
If the horn OTA has not released yet it’s some sort of major hack that’s taking longer than expected to implement.

Wondering if the are sensing torque on the telescopic motor or the deformation of the PCB button panel in the wheel. Or a short occurs setting off the horn when the board gets warped enough.

Supposedly Elon said if you “mash the right side of the air bag” the horn will work now. Maybe it’s a bug they found and they are turning it into a feature.

Go check it out!
Right after I said Tesla isn’t going to compromise their flagship car, they actually update their web page to reflect the lights/tilting screen.

Coincidence? I think not!

Then again, Tesla still advertises the S as having Caraoke, and yeah… my wife is still bitter about the exclusion, coming from a Model 3 with that feature she enjoyed regularly.

Then again, Tesla still advertises the S as having Caraoke, and yeah… my wife is still bitter about the exclusion, coming from a Model 3 with that feature she enjoyed regularly.
Mine as well, honestly there's no reason for it to be missing. I think they just forgot to put it back in when they had the separate v11 UI on the v10 software base last year. Maybe someone here knows someone and can suggest to put that back on their Jira board for the next release? 😂

Wonder why Tesla does not list the new headlights in, Feature Details.
Maybe they are running out of them...

I was told there is a new refresh 2.0 at the newish Camarillo store in SoCal. Heading over there this AM.

Thanks all for reminding me, missing horn and Carioke. FOMO is back... slightly...

What do we call the swivel screen? Refresh 3.0?

Last edited:
Maybe they are running out of them...

I was told there is a new refresh 2.0 at the newish Camarillo store in SoCal. Heading over there this AM.

Thanks all for reminding me, missing horn and Carioke. FOMO is back... slightly...

I think we have to call it the RRR.

Owed.

For all those with orders from before it was removed as a ‘feature’.

I’m ecstatic to get features not originally on my configuration (headlights, taillights). But equally annoyed when advertised items are removed. One is a nicety, the other is wrong.

Fanboys dislike as you please.

Last edited:
If the horn OTA has not released yet it’s some sort of major hack that’s taking longer than expected to implement.

Wondering if the are sensing torque on the telescopic motor or the deformation of the PCB button panel in the wheel. Or a short occurs setting off the horn when the board gets warped enough.

Supposedly Elon said if you “mash the right side of the air bag” the horn will work now. Maybe it’s a bug they found and they are turning it into a feature.
Mashing the right side means your hand presses all the buttons, including the horn, so it honks