Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, very good. It can be felt very quickly even in the lowest setting. Generally after a couple minutes of the high setting it automatically turns down, but I welcome it doing so because the seat is very cool. Heating is also good.
That’s great to hear because after 3 days with the rental and the ventilated seats I was absolutely in love with that feature!

I’d like to order one, but not sure which would look better (gloss vs. matte finish).
We have a MSLR White, on order. EDD July-Sept.
any recommendations on which would look better?
I have the white MSLR. The rear valance/diffuser is black gloss. The rear black bar across the tail lights (which yours wont have admittedly) is black gloss. the license plate frame that came with the car is black gloss. So for me, the gloss CF trunk spoiler from ebay works perfectly and blends in perfectly

I have not had to scan my yoke for the horn button - it has always been in the same place. I would contact the SC if your button is moving.
You suggest that you can find and press the horn button without looking?

Wow, that's impressive--you must honk your horn every few minutes or have a tremendous muscle memory.

For mere mortals, the horn button is beyond absurd. Elon tweeted that it was going to be fixed with a firmware update many months ago (for those after Oct/Nov 2021 production), yet here we are, still waiting.

ELON: FIX IT PLEASE.

Thanks.

Would you get black if you could do it again? I have white now in M3LR 2018 most of all clean but starting to show signs of fading. With that said my dads M3LR has black and is also looks meh.
What year is your dads and how many miles on each. Most of my cars have had black interiors and they still look good 5 years and 100K miles in. I hope my Tesla’s do the same. My 2019 X 2.5 years old 26K miles black interior looked like new. And I abused the heck out if it. Little bit concerned vented seats won’t hold up in any color.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Wow, that's impressive--you must honk your horn every few minutes or have a tremendous muscle memory.

For mere mortals, the horn button is beyond absurd. Elon tweeted that it was going to be fixed with a firmware update many months ago (for those after Oct/Nov 2021 production), yet here we are, still waiting.

Thanks.

As my wife will attest, I am superhuman in some areas. Thank you for be impressed that I am able to honk a horn. But to be honest, I have only honked a few times this year and there a lot of things I cannot do as well.

However, the button is always there in the same spot - it may rotate but it is in the same spot on the yoke.

I definitely support you on a center horn over the button but do not share in your robe tearing drama. I am with you wanting Tesla to implement it sooner than later for those that will benefit from it.

Thanks.

Mortal here...horn button on the side of my 95 Acura. It did take a year or two to get used to it after many punches to the airbag.

I would say 90% of horn inputs are made while going straight ahead, not ideal, but...

Also, isn't it true that the center horn is coming, "soon"

Ok, I'll vent too...

Where is the track package and Carioke we were promised?
Where and when were we ever promised a track package?

We saw some hints of it in the EPC and saw the active wing testing, but nothing was ever officially announced or promised.

We were told there'd be different high speed wheels and tires, but that wording changed months ago.

Reactions: Alex Philips
As my wife will attest, I am superhuman in some areas. Thank you for be impressed that I am able to honk a horn. But to be honest, I have only honked a few times this year and there a lot of things I cannot do as well.

However, the button is always there in the same spot - it may rotate but it is in the same spot on the yoke.

I definitely support you on a center horn over the button but do not share in your robe tearing drama. I am with you wanting Tesla to implement it sooner than later for those that will benefit from it.
Speaking of which..has anyone (on or off the forum, maybe even someone with engineering/automotive background) confirmed or even explained how just a firmware update is going to allow the airbag to activate the horn? I thought the Munro teardown concluded there is no switch/haptic/pressure thing/etc, behind the airbag/part of the airbag, etc, that would allow a trigger of any sort?

Or..is Elon lying (yet again) about some promise?

Speaking of promises..whatever happened the the special wheels/tires needed for the Plaid to hit the 200mph top speed? Or was that also a false statement?

Currently, if one presses on the airbag module, does it collapse in a spring like fashion like a normal horn?

Speaking of which..has anyone (on or off the forum, maybe even someone with engineering/automotive background) confirmed or even explained how just a firmware update is going to allow the airbag to activate the horn? I thought the Munro teardown concluded there is no switch/haptic/pressure thing/etc, behind the airbag/part of the airbag, etc, that would allow a trigger of any sort?

Or..is Elon lying (yet again) about some promise?
Elon said it would only be for vehicles produced after a certain date. (November I think?) Munro's was likely made before that date.

I have the white MSLR. The rear valance/diffuser is black gloss. The rear black bar across the tail lights (which yours wont have admittedly) is black gloss. the license plate frame that came with the car is black gloss. So for me, the gloss CF trunk spoiler from ebay works perfectly and blends in perfectly
I had a gloss carbon fiber spoiler and the clear coat started to fade and yellow... the matte finish may be a better choice.

Where and when were we ever promised a track package?

We saw some hints of it in the EPC and saw the active wing testing, but nothing was ever officially announced or promised.

We were told there'd be different high speed wheels and tires, but that wording changed months ago.
Being things change all the time with Tesla, I thought the asterisk next to the 200 mph top speed mentioned the need for some purchased add ons...I use the work track package, because that's what I think Tesla will call it eventually, like they have for M3P.

Being things change all the time with Tesla, I thought the asterisk next to the 200 mph top speed mentioned the need for some purchased add ons...I use the work track package, because that's what I think Tesla will call it eventually, like they have for M3P.
Ah yes originally they mentioned that, but now it says we need "paid hardware upgrades". Don't quote me on this, but I take that to mean that the stock Arachnids and PS4S tires can do 200 mph (as the tires are rated for it), and now what's required is the brake package.

Ah yes originally they mentioned that, but now it says we need "paid hardware upgrades". Don't quote me on this, but I take that to mean that the stock Arachnids and PS4S tires can do 200 mph (as the tires are rated for it), and now what's required is the brake package.
The Tesla track package will require special tires and wheels according to Teslarati.

"A look at Tesla’s current Parts Catalog for the Model S shows that the company has listed two new wheels, which suggest that a dedicated “Track Package” may be coming for the flagship high-performance sedan. Specifically, these new parts appear to be Zero-G wheels with 285 front/305 wide rear tires. Such wheels have been spotted in a Model S Plaid prototype at Laguna Seca, as per images shared by EV group The Kilowatts."

tesla-model-s-track-package-wheels.jpg
Credit: Tesla Parts Catalog
"Electric vehicle enthusiasts would remember that Tesla’s Zero-G wheels have been released as part of a dedicated Track Package in the past. Last March, Tesla released a new Track Package for the Model 3 Performance, and one of its key upgrades was its racing-focused wheels and tires comprised of Zero-G Performance wheels and 245/35ZR20 XL Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. With this in mind, there seems to be a good chance that the Model S Plaid’s apparent Track Package may be paired with Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires as well."

1652034839086.png

Attachments

• 1652034820110.png
    1652034820110.png
    602.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited: