Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Brief update/review of my first (almost) 90 days and 1800 miles with my 2022 Refresh LR S. (for background, Im coming from a 2017 90D)

First, the cons:
- Only one issue thus far: Car isnt consistently shutting down/off when I exit the car. Signs point to an intermittent drivers seat occupancy sensor, but mobile service will diagnose this coming week.
-Despite being promised that my missing trunk privacy cover would be delivered to my home/no ticket needed, I only got one when I opened a ticket.
-Horn button is dumb. (that said, ive used the horn twice 1800 miles)

Pros:
- Acceleration is beyond more than enough. At any speed. I get that its not the plaid, but when you are talking LR acceleration thats on par (or faster) with Ferrari/Lambo/Hellcats? And without hesitation associated with transmissions? And with All wheel drive? Yeah, its sometimes breathtaking. And unlike the prior 90D, the acceleration never drops off. Pulls hard to at least 145mph (fastest Ive gone)
-Interior. Significantly improved materials, quality, etc over the 2017.
-Speed of the MCU. Even better than when I upgraded to MCU2.
-Quietness. Much quieter.
-Suspension.
-Yoke (Yes, after all my whining pre delivery? I like it. A LOT.)

It was so worth the wait from June 2021 when I ordered it. A massive value overall. Everyone else is still catching up to Tesla in the EV space. My opinion? They are at least a couple years behind. Range..acceleration...no "boost" button to get the full HP...no drop off in power once you hit 60 like the Mach E performance GT, because Ford hasnt fully figured out how to manage battery temps at high draw...
One “con” I forgot to mention. I do wish the front headrests had some level of at least forward/rearward adjustment. For me as driver I’d love to have them moved back an inch or two Without having to move the actual seatback itself

I’d like to order one, but not sure which would look better (gloss vs. matte finish).
We have a MSLR White, on order. EDD July-Sept.
any recommendations on which would look better?
All of the trim on the MSLR is gloss black, so I selected gloss black for my spoiler. Love it. This particular spoiler is from Tsportline. Very impressed with the quality and look after 4 months.
IMG_7789.JPG

Well Crap. Just checked my delivery and it changed to May 20 to May 24. 😞
The EDD Monkey works on Mothers day! after receiving a message on Saturday that my car would be delayed I received a message on Sunday to schedule delivery. Delivery scheduled for May 19th.
Will I get the tilt screen? new headlights? New taillights? Place your bets! We know of the existence of the EDD Monkey: Is there a parts bin monkey???

The EDD Monkey works on Mothers day! after receiving a message on Saturday that my car would be delayed I received a message on Sunday to schedule delivery. Delivery scheduled for May 19th.
Will I get the tilt screen? new headlights? New taillights? Place your bets! We know of the existence of the EDD Monkey: Is there a parts bin monkey???
Congrats! Since a 477 confirmed getting the tilt screen, you should be good on getting all the above!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The Tesla track package will require special tires and wheels according to Teslarati.

"A look at Tesla’s current Parts Catalog for the Model S shows that the company has listed two new wheels, which suggest that a dedicated “Track Package” may be coming for the flagship high-performance sedan. Specifically, these new parts appear to be Zero-G wheels with 285 front/305 wide rear tires. Such wheels have been spotted in a Model S Plaid prototype at Laguna Seca, as per images shared by EV group The Kilowatts."

tesla-model-s-track-package-wheels.jpg
Credit: Tesla Parts Catalog
"Electric vehicle enthusiasts would remember that Tesla’s Zero-G wheels have been released as part of a dedicated Track Package in the past. Last March, Tesla released a new Track Package for the Model 3 Performance, and one of its key upgrades was its racing-focused wheels and tires comprised of Zero-G Performance wheels and 245/35ZR20 XL Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires. With this in mind, there seems to be a good chance that the Model S Plaid’s apparent Track Package may be paired with Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires as well."

View attachment 801839
Wonder if the GoPro is required for the track package too.

One “con” I forgot to mention. I do wish the front headrests had some level of at least forward/rearward adjustment. For me as driver I’d love to have them moved back an inch or two Without having to move the actual seatback itself
I stumbled upon a YouTube video a month or so ago where the owner removed the headrests and bent the mounting rods at the base of the headrest to do just that.... Move them back about 2 inches.

I get some wouldn't want to do that to a brand new car, and its not really adjustable back and forth but I too am not a huge fan of the forward slant and if I don't get used to it quickly, I may go down this path myself.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Congrats! Since a 477 confirmed getting the tilt screen, you should be good on getting all the above!
I hope my 47768X I pickup later today has the swivel screen. I saw a 47778X that had the swivel screen. I have my fingers crossed that the 102 VIN difference isn’t a deal breaker. I have been told my build date was 4/25 or 4/27.

What, you're getting a car on MY birthday?

I'm sure you'll get everything in that case.

The old lights look hella dated now when i see it on the road.
Was at the Tesla lot recently with two friends. Both car guys, but neither extremely knowledgeable about Teslas. Side by side were two new refreshes. Both white. One with "old" tailights, one with new. Without me saying anything, both started talking to one another saying the "old" one must have been a 2022, and the one with the updated tail lights was a 2021. Im Not kidding.

Now that said..looks are subjective. another person may have thought the reverse.

Was at the Tesla lot recently with two friends. Both car guys, but neither extremely knowledgeable about Teslas. Side by side were two new refreshes. Both white. One with "old" tailights, one with new. Without me saying anything, both started talking to one another saying the "old" one must have been a 2022, and the one with the updated tail lights was a 2021. Im Not kidding.

Now that said..looks are subjective. another person may have thought the reverse.

Like when Alderaan was destroyed by the Death Star, could you feel the collective cringe from some of those on TMC when that was said? I thought the universe understood the significance of these lights.