Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm confident only because I fixed it on my own car last year in 10 seconds. I guess times have changed, and the new hydraulics are too strong. Or... the hinges are too strong.

This is what you get for new hinges. Nobody but yourselves to blame, people!
I'm pretty sure you know what happens to batteries with the old hinges. 🤣

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Not in my case. Trunk won’t pull down enough on the left side and have already adjusted the nubs to lowest position. Believe me, I’m familiar with this (‘17 S, ‘17 X, ‘22 Y).
I'm confident only because I fixed it on my own car last year in 10 seconds. I guess times have changed, and the new hydraulics are too strong. Or... the hinges are too strong.

This is what you get for new hinges. Nobody but yourselves to blame, people!

Now you made me look.

Not surprised to see my old car is out of spec too.

I did notice there are three adjustments possible per side. I twisted out the left middle one, and not only do the lights line up, but I may have fixed the trunk lid rubbing problem, where my finger is in the pic below..
There has to be an enthusiast in the Denver area that would be glad to let you drive their car. I live near St. Louis (not exactly the Meca for nice cars) and was able to find a nice member to let me have a go in his car. Helped me solidify some thoughts I had about the car and really convinced me to keep my reservation. Here I am, only 8 short months later and my car is going to be delivered (unless it falls of a truck: definite possibility) on May 19th.

If it happens, post a pic that day (My birthday)

My car went from possibly this week to maybe next year...😥

I'm still jealous though, the dreaded Tesla FOMO is real with me. You are getting the new lights front and rear and the tilting screen that @Tigers lusted over for so long (until the song of the Versa got to him).

I had to go through a lot to get this, though. Pretty much wasted a year of my life. Not really worth it, is it?

I had to go through a lot to get this, though. Pretty much wasted a year of my life. Not really worth it, is it?
Not really. In all seriousness, you did indeed have to go through more than anyone should ever have to go through to get their car made right. You have my sincerest sympathies for that.

Ordered a Model S Long Range 1.5years ago through my company scheme, cant get any answers from anywhere when the first UK Model S are going to be put into production. Latest I have now is that it has slipped to Q1 2023. Do I stick with this, or cancel my order and go for a model Y performance......I have major FOMO if I go with the Y, the S's will start appearing the UK!!

Ordered a Model S Long Range 1.5years ago through my company scheme, cant get any answers from anywhere when the first UK Model S are going to be put into production. Latest I have now is that it has slipped to Q1 2023. Do I stick with this, or cancel my order and go for a model Y performance......I have major FOMO if I go with the Y, the S's will start appearing the UK!!

The most obvious and logical answer - both.

The most obvious and logical answer - both.
That's what I ended up doing. I have justified it to myself thus:
Ordered MS LR in June last year - website estimate was End of 2022. No EDD yet, but I reckon it'll probably be at least end of this year / start of next before the right hand drive version turns up.
Complicating factor - for my height I have short legs and a long body so I don't know whether I'm going to fit in the Model S - I have trouble with headroom in many cars. Obviously there's no danger of a test drive until they start shipping... I know that I fit in the Model Y (top of the windscreen is just about high enough to see under).
Cruise control died on my fairly old A6 in March and would be more than 1/3 the value of the car to fix, so ended up ordering a MY LR to tide things over. The theory is that I use the MY until the MS turns up. If I fit in the MS then the MY can go - hopefully the second hand values will still be as strong as they are now. If I don't fit in the MS then the MY is a perfectly respectable longer term option.
Of course if the second-hand values collapse then I have got things badly wrong, but fingers crossed...
If you have the option, consider not cancelling the MS. If you ordered that long ago then your price will have been a lot less than they will be when they start shipping - although with the proviso that buying for re-sale is frowned upon so might need careful consideration.

Model S order that was converted from LR to Plaid in September of 2021. I then pushed my delivery since I took delivery of a Model Y instead due to the wait. I decided to purchase and finalize my order in February. Had an EDD of 4/30-5/2X. Then I lost my EDD a few weeks ago. Monday of this week I was sent my VIN and then immediately able to schedule delivery for next week. Hopefully those of you that are getting your EDD changed widely will be in for a surprise VIN soon.

Plaid, Red, 19” wheels (changed from 21” about three weeks ago), FSD. RN1154

I just started checking these forums today. I ordered a MS LR in June 2021. Tesla kept pushing the delivery date. For the past month, my deliver date is TBD. Did Tesla quit guessing or does that spell trouble for my order? I own a M3 so I still get to drive a Tesla in the meantime. I'd like to get a MS but this is so frustrating. Yes, I'm preaching to the choir, but misery loves company.

I just started checking these forums today. I ordered a MS LR in June 2021. Tesla kept pushing the delivery date. For the past month, my deliver date is TBD. Did Tesla quit guessing or does that spell trouble for my order? I own a M3 so I still get to drive a Tesla in the meantime. I'd like to get a MS but this is so frustrating. Yes, I'm preaching to the choir, but misery loves company.

Feel free to share. It's good therapy.

The MS is worth waiting for, and the resale on your M3 will continue to go up if the rumour today is correct.