Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked about the tilted screen and he said he doesn’t believe it’s equipped with that. Which is a bit of a bummer but not enough for me to refuse on that alone. Although it wasn’t a solid no so I guess I will find out in a few hours when they bring it to me.

Also thanks for the advice on the checklist. I just grabbed one off another thread.
The “normal” flow is a VIN is assigned just before it’s built. So today all assigned VINs should have the swivel screen. If it doesn’t that means it was a cancel, reject or repair.

So you need to be extra careful.

If it was a cancel (which is what you ideally want) miles on odometer should be low (like single digits). If you see 30-50 miles something happened to that car and you should know history. Problem is they will lie through teeth and tell you grandma borrowed it on Sunday to go to church.

Be very careful.

The “normal” flow is a VIN is assigned just before it’s built. So today all assigned VINs should have the swivel screen. If it doesn’t that means it was a cancel, reject or repair.

So you need to be extra careful.

If it was a cancel (which is what you ideally want) miles on odometer should be low (like single digits). If you see 30-50 miles something happened to that car and you should know history. Problem is they will lie through teeth and tell you grandma borrowed it on Sunday to go to church.

Be very careful.

Really good advice. I was going to warn in a similar way, but did not want to be negative and ruin the OP's special day.

Home delivery is not to your advantage, I must say...

I believe the rear is exactly the same, or at least nothing stood out in any of the videos posted. And I think there was no chance of a manual solution. Reaching over the the top right side while driving, to pull it toward you? For many shorter drivers that’s likely not possible, and it would be an exceptionally low-rent solution…
I am wrong, you are right. The solid back cover of the screen sinks into the dash while articulating.

Just got a VIN assigned in Houston, TX...VIN #4784xx. Would this include tilting screen and new lights?
Ordered Feb 5th
Quoted Nov delivery
Actual delivery tomorrow May 14th

Tesla Model S LR
Houston, TX

My first EV and super excited. Since I didn’t expect to be taking delivery so quick I don’t have a wall charger yet and just got a quote for 4k since I have to trench the whole front yard. Even that didn’t take away my excitement!
Wow, lucky you.

Ordered a long range in November of 21, delivery to Austin TX, with 21’s black on black and FSD.

Originally quoted July , moved to March and has been pushed every since , now at June.

Last edited:
And Tesla never does not design low rent things....but they do leave out some features to save cost. Still waiting for Carioke to come to the refresh.
I just don’t see it on cars this expensive. Then again they did have those original headlights in these cars…

Meh. Anyway, no reason to speculate. Manual display swivel never happened, and here we are with automatic, finally. Now if they’d just implement working seat-fold buttons in the trunk like in the Model Y. There's really no excuse for that...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Ok just took delivery and so far I am super happy! I am not seeing anything that needs attention to it. Plus I did get the tilt screen!

148F037C-59BC-40B9-BA17-A7EA7242C1F8.jpeg

Attachments

• A8D54A16-E69D-4D4D-98F9-AF6C0DE447E1.jpeg
    A8D54A16-E69D-4D4D-98F9-AF6C0DE447E1.jpeg
    693.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 3F86A9A6-A09E-49A7-9556-88FAB3EAD455.jpeg
    3F86A9A6-A09E-49A7-9556-88FAB3EAD455.jpeg
    673.1 KB · Views: 100
Ok just took delivery and so far I am super happy! I am not seeing anything that needs attention to it. Plus I did get the tilt screen!

View attachment 804189
While I’m happy for you, you have no idea how annoyed and frustrated this makes me. This is literally 100% my exact order, placed 16 months ago, that I’ve yet to see. Grrrr.

But, it’s beautiful and congratulations.

Once a week I drive to Austin (180ish miles) but maybe I will try the wall outlet for a bit and see how it goes.

According to my SA it’s fresh and said that since my Vin is a 477 it’s the updated lights. I’m new at this so I’m not sure I know to tell what’s accurate or not and trusting my SA until I see it tomorrow.
If you plan on doing home charging other than using 110v, you need to get a NEMA adapter. It is no longer included. You may not even get a charging kit either.

Today is my one-year order anniversary date 🥳🥳 Feels like I purchased the NFT version. 😂

Never in a million years did I think I would be still waiting for this car 1yr later. fingers and toes crossed for a Q2 Delivery.

Thank you to everyone who has mostly kept me sane and allowed me to vent occasionally.
Thank god your wait didn’t reflect your forum handle/name. :)

Today is my one-year order anniversary date 🥳🥳 Feels like I purchased the NFT version. 😂

Never in a million years did I think I would be still waiting for this car 1yr later. fingers and toes crossed for a Q2 Delivery.

Thank you to everyone who has mostly kept me sane and allowed me to vent occasionally.
I’m right behind ya. Have a month till I’m at my year anniversary

View attachment 804189
I'm wondering how people feel about having the adjustable screen. Does it really make that much of a difference? I can't help but feel like my OCD might not like it angled...