Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I never had luck in the past with Tesla appraisals. Last time CarMax gave me 10k more than Tesla and this time they’re giving me 73k when my MSRP was 65k. I guess I’ll give Tesla another shot.
The MY is a bit of a weird bird.

When I sold mind, 3rd parties were giving me way more than Tesla and what I paid - if that situation still holds true, then you might get more elsewhere.

Autonation ended up giving me the most for my Y.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
It's RN117139xxx. I ordered exactly a week ago on May 11 and was not at all expecting to get a VIN this soon. I'm running against time now to sell my Performance Y to CarMax. When I placed my order, I got a prompt asking if I would take delivery sooner if a vehicle became available and I said yes, thinking that maybe I'd get something after July or August, wasn't expecting it to be this early. I think I might have gotten someone's reject or something of that nature.

View attachment 805971

View attachment 805972
View attachment 805973
Just curious, why did you go from MYP to MSLR?

The MY is a bit of a weird bird.

When I sold mind, 3rd parties were giving me way more than Tesla and what I paid - if that situation still holds true, then you might get more elsewhere.

Autonation ended up giving me the most for my Y.
I just sold my Y to AutoNation on Monday, they gave me $2500 more than Tesla. Gonna pick up another Y tomorrow (although it was supposed to be yesterday...)

I shopped around, all the others were under Tesla by $2-7k, CarMax, Carvana, GimmeTheVIN, Vroom was the worst offer, and AutoTrader outright denied the car, lol.

I just sold my Y to AutoNation on Monday, they gave me $2500 more than Tesla. Gonna pick up another Y tomorrow (although it was supposed to be yesterday...)

I shopped around, all the others were under Tesla by $2-7k, CarMax, Carvana, GimmeTheVIN, Vroom was the worst offer, and AutoTrader outright denied the car, lol.
With the tax advantage on the new car, in most states, Tesla would still be a better deal.

I completely understand and agree, I would be annoyed too. It happened to me when I was waiting for my past 2 Teslas and it was definitely not nice. Again, I think I'm getting someone's reject. The car is already at the Delivery Center so I guess they had to find someone in the area with the same config ordered...
I would not sell your current car until you do a complete inspection.

It would suck to sell your MY, and have the new car in the SvC for weeks

FYI - Was able to change my order to a different color car and keep the same price with an EDD of July 7-Aug 18th
Greater than zero chance that EDD will change more than once before then...just saying...
EDD will change. If you open up your order agreement you will notice your "Order Date" may have changed. For me it did which put me in the back of the queue supposedly.
EDD changes take place a few days after configuration change. Not instantly.

Last edited:
EDD will change. If you open up your order agreement you will notice your "Order Date" may have changed. For me it did which put me in the back of the queue supposedly.
EDD changes take place a few days after configuration change. Not instantly.
I hope it does. I hope they run out of yokes before mine comes