Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, now Tesla really is not making any sense. Appointment rescheduled for the same date and time as the previous appointment? K
A54A18BB-57ED-4E18-8910-C658A1C3620C.png

Remember we are dealing with Tesla. Many actions they took do make sense. It is the norm. They have a take it or leave it company culture.
Oh don’t I know it! It’s fine, I’m actively looking at the used car market as well. As soon as I find something good I’ll go with that.
I’d prefer a new model s but there’s only so much bs I’m willing to put up with.

Glen Allen, VA SC is jam Packed with Teslas. Not only every parking spot, but lined up in the aisles. Overflow gas station appears to be under construction but the office park on the other side even has parking spaces with overflow. Mainly Y's and 3's but some S's and X's as well. Finally saw the rear lights on the refresh refresh S but thought I was looking at a model 3 at first

Hey Duke... welcome to the party. I'm also in NNJ, supposedly picking up in Paramus in June/ July (or never?). RN1158 ordered 10/17. Would love to hear more about your LR pre-order experience and EDD's.
Oh I've been part of the party since spring of last year ;)
To give you the short version, I ordered a 4680 Plaid on Battery Day, it was converted to Plaid+ when the now current Plaid came out, then when that was cancelled they told me I needed to pay $10k more for the Plaid than people who had just ordered that. After Tesla realized that was a total dick move, they auto-converted all the open orders over and after about ~6 more moths of waiting agony my delivery day finally showed up, BUT the day I was scheduled to take delivery I had taken the day off, a huge storm had collapsed the roof of the Paramus showroom, putting off all deliveries "until further notice". Still having the day off, I brought them a couple dozen doughnuts from the place next door (it's pretty awesome btw) and just wanted to check if they needed any help. They actually called me the next day and had someone drive my car over, which I have loved since September.

As for the Model Y, I had ordered one in early 2021 and got it in October... right when they were saying there might be tax rebates, so I ordered another after taking delivery to get in on that if it happened. It didn't happen (and neither have the 4680s for the Y LRs), but they do have an upgraded MCU and they paid me enough to get a new one, so I figured I'd accept it. I won't be ordering another though at least for a couple years, haha.

Oh I've been part of the party since spring of last year ;)
To give you the short version, I ordered a 4680 Plaid on Battery Day, it was converted to Plaid+ when the now current Plaid came out, then when that was cancelled they told me I needed to pay $10k more for the Plaid than people who had just ordered that. After Tesla realized that was a total dick move, they auto-converted all the open orders over and after about ~6 more moths of waiting agony my delivery day finally showed up, BUT the day I was scheduled to take delivery I had taken the day off, a huge storm had collapsed the roof of the Paramus showroom, putting off all deliveries "until further notice". Still having the day off, I brought them a couple dozen doughnuts from the place next door (it's pretty awesome btw) and just wanted to check if they needed any help. They actually called me the next day and had someone drive my car over, which I have loved since September.

As for the Model Y, I had ordered one in early 2021 and got it in October... right when they were saying there might be tax rebates, so I ordered another after taking delivery to get in on that if it happened. It didn't happen (and neither have the 4680s for the Y LRs), but they do have an upgraded MCU and they paid me enough to get a new one, so I figured I'd accept it. I won't be ordering another though at least for a couple years, haha.
Thanks for the info. I recall the storm that collapsed their roof... it was horrible. The Jeep dealer near me on Rt. 46 lost about two dozen cars that fell into the Passaic River! What's the current EDD for the MSLR you ordered in Oct? I also ordered 10/17 RN 1158 so we have to be pretty close in the queue (but who knows with Tesla). Talk to you soon

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Not if you have FSD … it’ll steer itself on top of the 30 grand a year it’ll earn for you while you sleep. And then in 5 years you can sell the car for more than you paid for it.
I did not buy FSD. Not trusting it. Just read local news that a 2022 MS slammed into a concrete barrier in Newport Beach, CA. All three passengers were killed. Not sure if Auto pilot or FSD was involved. Tesla is not talking to reporter as usual.

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne and AMPd
I did not buy FSD. Not trusting it. Just read local news that a 2022 MS slammed into a concrete barrier in Newport Beach, CA. All three passengers were killed. Not sure if Auto pilot or FSD was involved. Tesla is not talking to reporter as usual.
I have FSD in my Model 3 and am even part of the beta program. I can say with almost complete certainty that, if you are paying attention to the road, FSD will not drive you into a concrete barrier before you can take control of the car. That said, I always expect it to do something unexpected at any time and I do not think it is worth $12,000 in its present capacity (which is why I am not buying it for my MSLR).