Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds accurate.

Where did you find the build date? I got my VIN yesterday but don't see a build date anywhere

I just called sales, then delivery center and also checked with a friend who is an SA. All came back with May 10 as production date for my NF478 Plaid.
Hopefully it actually gets here by Delivery date. Appointment set for May 26 in Brooklyn, NY!

Woke up today to a beautiful Tesla delivery day in the Midwest. Sun was shining and 78 degrees. Arrived at the St. Louis location to take delivery and a hell broke loose. Red Alert on my phone followed by heavy rain and 60MPH wind. Luckily no hail. Car was undamaged. Drive home in heavy traffic with multiple accidents along the road. Ended up taking the long way just to get off the highway.

Car looked great

Supposed to get AS tires and received summers. (They will replace when in stock)
Weather trim around passenger window had small kink (Will be fixed when tires come in)
Paint and gaps looked great.
interior fit and finish good
Got new headlights
Got new taillights
GOT TILT SCREEN. 5 degrees of rotation make a much bigger difference than I thought.
IMG_1217.JPG

Wifey approves

Woke up today to a beautiful Tesla delivery day in the Midwest. Sun was shining and 78 degrees. Arrived at the St. Louis location to take delivery and a hell broke loose. Red Alert on my phone followed by heavy rain and 60MPH wind. Luckily no hail. Car was undamaged. Drive home in heavy traffic with multiple accidents along the road. Ended up taking the long way just to get off the highway.

Car looked great

Supposed to get AS tires and received summers. (They will replace when in stock)
Weather trim around passenger window had small kink (Will be fixed when tires come in)
Got new headlights
Got new taillights
GOT TILT SCREEN. 5 degrees of rotation make a much bigger difference than I thought.
View attachment 806408
Wifey approves
I came from Dallas to St Louis for a wedding today. Who knew that storm is the closest I’ve ever been to rotation in the atmosphere that spawns tornadoes and it went right over my head. Happily, no hail and no tornadoes.

Your car is beautiful!

How Does it work?
Going overseas for a month. I do not want to put my order on hold and I do not want to risk losing an assigned VIN, in the unlikely event that an East Coast order is assigned a VIN in June. A neighbor is willing to pick up for me. I'm sure I have to somehow give him power of attorney. If anyone has done this before does Tesla require specific language? Notarized? I asked Tesla chat who said one of my assigned SA's (apparently I have two) would call me right after the chat. That was Monday. My concern is accepting delivery as I can easily pay for the car from anywhere in the world.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My signup goes nowhere. I click on the Sign Up Now button but the next screen is blank (repeatedly). Darn!
Yeah I got the same. Yesterday when I tried it I just got a "No subscriptions are available" error page.
Sadly, I don't think they were *intending* to give away the manuals for free (even though they should). Charging for the toolbox software though, I do agree with that.

Car looked great

Got new headlights
Got new taillights
View attachment 806408
Wifey approves
Congrats on the delivery! Car looks great. How did the tire discussion come about? At delivery, you brought up it having summer tires to the SA? Any push back about getting them swapped out no charge at/ before delivery? I'm in NJ and getting push back about this.. "they are what they are if you want the car... etc."

Congrats on the delivery! Car looks great. How did the tire discussion come about? At delivery, you brought up it having summer tires to the SA? Any push back about getting them swapped out no charge at/ before delivery? I'm in NJ and getting push back about this.. "they are what they are if you want the car... etc."
I'm in Ohio and I did NOT confirm anything about tires with SA or delivery service center. The car was home-delivered with P Zero Elect (Summer) and I also forgot to bring it up when the delivery advisor was there. I made a ticket explaining that I expected AS, and they quoted $1300+ for tire swap.