Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately for me I ordered this early November because at the time my current 2015 MS 70D was getting old and needed an update 90k miles. Ironically, two weeks later someone flew out of a side road, hit me, and totaled it. I haven’t had a car since November 2021 and where I live in the middle of the woods makes daily life a headache with trying to leave the house. I keep telling myself to buy something while I wait but I feel like I’m wasting money as my EDD is right around the corner. Advice on how to speed this up?
My order for a MS LR white/black/19"/FSD/RN1150 was placed on June 4 of last year. EDDs were constantly delayed. For the last month, my EDD was TBD but over the weekend it changed to August/September. You may not want to bet on your current EDD...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
You can change the color? Last time I inquired about this they said it resets the order process, including price and EDD.
Not true on the price, a recent change.

You will pay more for the color changes, but the basic price is the same as when you ordered.

You can even switch to a Plaid, and get the plaid price at the time of your order.

EDD impact could be significant. Who knows, you could get mine if I reject, which I will if there is any damage.

Not true on the price, a recent change.

You will pay more for the color changes, but the basic price is the same as when you ordered.

You can even switch to a Plaid, and get the plaid price at the time of your order.

EDD impact could be significant. Who knows, you could get mine if I reject, which I will if there is any damage.
How do you make the change? From the website or I have to go through a Tesla human?

Doing some minor tweaks to my recent delivery. Added matte screen protectors, floor mats, and TESLA letters to the rear.
Thinking of adding spoiler next, but not sure if I just want to keep the back clean.

Opinions welcome
IMG_1229.JPG

Doing some minor tweaks to my recent delivery. Added matte screen protectors, floor mats, and TESLA letters to the rear.
Thinking of adding spoiler next, but not sure if I just want to keep the back clean.

Opinions welcome
View attachment 807792
I would add the spoiler and remove the T.

Opinions welcome
View attachment 807792
Looks good! I blacked out the T logo on mine as the chrome is nowhere else on the car and it looked out of place. It looks like it fits in much better now.

I went to the Tesla store today to see if there is any status update on my order. The employee had no idea what I was asking and he went to the manager to tell him that I asked about a Tesla. The manager said; "you can go to the Tesla website and look at inventory", I said, "I ordered my car in March, and I am just checking on the status." He said we don't do that; you can check on cars on the internet, Tesla makes cars in batches and we don't know anything.
I started to tell him some people ordered their car a week or so ago and got it this week, but then realized he wouldn't comprehend the point. I remember when I bought my first Mercedes and Lexus where the salespeople were seasoned sales professionals making really great money working at Luxury car dealerships. The whole industry now is just uninformed, poorly paid, people. It's not just Tesla, it is ALL the luxury car brands. You get the same people walking into a low-cost car as you get walking into a high-end dealer. This is just so frustrating.
which store did you go to?

Seems to take forever to get.
Even in years past with the legacy S/X, people seem to strongly prefer the black or white interior.

Black I can understand because it's easy to keep clean/cheap, but if you're springing for the upcharge, the vast majority of S/X that I see have white over cream.

My guess is that white is so novel and uniquely Tesla, whereas cream can be had through a variety of carmakers.

I’m going to! At this point I want to see how long they can keep this up. I’ve asked them what’s up with it, they won’t tell me anything.
What was your build
June 2021 white on white LR order (1151). Recently pushed to 07/26-09/02. Today was the first time my EDD ever moved up. Current EDD is 06/20-07/25. Could this be a good sign? I don’t know.
My 1153 just moved from May 22-June 26 to June 15-July 6 Midwest order blue/cream 19” no FSD

Even in years past with the legacy S/X, people seem to strongly prefer the black or white interior.

Black I can understand because it's easy to keep clean/cheap, but if you're springing for the upcharge, the vast majority of S/X that I see have white over cream.

My guess is that white is so novel and uniquely Tesla, whereas cream can be had through a variety of carmakers.

Remember when white/white took super long to get on the order page?

Now there is little difference in initial order time regardless of trim level.

Exactly why I went with white....
I was going with Cream until the very last minute but switched to white because it was uniquely Tesla...
I changed to white a month after I ordered because my teenage kids kept calling me a boomer. 🤣

Still waiting for the car but have ZERO regrets in switching from cream to white!