Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I changed to white a month after I ordered because my teenage kids kept calling me a boomer. 🤣

Still waiting for the car but have ZERO regrets in switching from cream to white!
I switched from white to cream and very happy with that decision. Like most in the past I have always gone with black but wanted something more space age this time. When I got in a white interior Tesla I felt I needed sun glasses. So the cream was the compromise. I like how it’s compatible with my carbon fiber interior too. Of course, everyone to their own taste.

The delivery experience was just ok. My car was generally clean (though not as clean as I like to keep it myself). The salesman acted shocked that I had gotten Summer tires instead of the all-seasons he had been promising me all along, and said this was the first LR with 19 inch wheels he had seen with the summer tires. I then proceeded to walk around the lot and I found like 3-4 other LR's with Summer Tires, so it was clear he was just saying stuff to placate me, as I figured.

There were some panel misalignments and other obvious issues he had looked right past (of course). The frunk had part of the inside trim protruding through the panel gap pretty badly on one side...

The service guys were able to readjust things and fix the frunk trim quickly, and my SA was able to "sweeten the deal" by offering to order me the correct all-season tires (and I got to keep the old Pirelli summer tires), plus he threw in a full set of winter floor mats and the trunk mat for no charge, which I did appreciate.

This was the 4th car I've picked up from the KC location, and I think the people there are genuinely trying to do the right thing.

I'm so glad your car is finally on its way! You'll be blown away by the quality, power, interior, etc., there's no doubt! I absolutely LOVE my car and am so happy I picked it up when I did!
I have the frunk trim issue as well and they didn’t want to fix it! Can you tell me how they fixed it? Thank you!

Doing some minor tweaks to my recent delivery. Added matte screen protectors, floor mats, and TESLA letters to the rear.
Thinking of adding spoiler next, but not sure if I just want to keep the back clean.

Opinions welcome
View attachment 807792
I was thinking to do the Tesla lettering too. Some member on here mentioned that you would need smaller letters than normal due to a curve or lip on the new bar though. Can you speak on that or link where you got the letters? Thanks!!!

I was thinking to do the Tesla lettering too. Some member on here mentioned that you would need smaller letters than normal due to a curve or lip on the new bar though. Can you speak on that or link where you got the letters? Thanks!!!
Got them on aliexpress and they fit perfect. The letters come mounted and spaced with a "V" shaped key that goes under the "T". Just have to make sure your letters are above the angle in the trim. Letters come in multiple colors and were pretty cheap (under $15 including shipping). Took about 3 weeks for them to show up.

Another Tesla two step for me. This time the back end moved out a week to mid June.

I'm liking the old car more and more as this goes on. The MX order is in, and as I am getting older, those self closing doors are more appealing than the MS appearance.
Self closing doors on the X are a joke. I’m so glad I’m rid of them, FWD, visorless windshield, lack of background noise cancelation on phone calls and more.

That was me.

Got them on aliexpress and they fit perfect. The letters come mounted and spaced with a "V" shaped key that goes under the "T". Just have to make sure your letters are above the angle in the trim. Letters come in multiple colors and were pretty cheap (under $15 including shipping). Took about 3 weeks for them to show up.

My letters were too tall for that. Bought on Amazon. By Shinwinfy.

Also, my appliqué is wrapped in 2080 Carbon Fibre Tape/Vinyl. Did not want to put the letters on that in case they didn’t stick as well. I like the look (obviously :) ).

F63F082B-61D0-4ECB-AF76-825418F1D2B4.jpeg

I changed to white a month after I ordered because my teenage kids kept calling me a boomer. 🤣

Still waiting for the car but have ZERO regrets in switching from cream to white!

Fortunately, mine is out of the house. I can get what I like.

Dessert. Whipped cream with walnut and 🍒 red.

Last edited:
I have the frunk trim issue as well and they didn’t want to fix it! Can you tell me how they fixed it? Thank you!
They ended up replacing the trunk interior liner with another that was cut a bit smaller, I believe. I've heard that some repairs of this item include trimming it manually. It's still not perfect, but much better than it was originally!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
That was me.

My letters were too tall for that. Bought on Amazon. By Shinwinfy.

Also, my appliqué is wrapped in 2080 Carbon Fibre Tape/Vinyl. Did not want to put the letters on that in case they didn’t stick as well. I like the look (obviously :) ).

View attachment 807925
Sure is nice of you to modify your wife’s car so nicely. Hope she lets you drive it occasionally.🙃

Hey @Laddcruzer just wanted to say thx for sticking around! Always nice to see you here. I genuinely mean this. :)
Thanks Endless. I wouldn’t want to miss the daily amusement and knowledge from participating and observing what’s in this forum. And I figured if I stick around long enough my “S” might magically acquire new lights, hinges and screen tilt. 🙏

Last edited: