Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recall the day you sold your 3 for the X so you could tow the boat to the vacation home. How time flies....
Yes, and the only reason I got the X was for the hitch. I don’t regret getting the X at all though. And it held its value which was a bonus. I do miss free super charging. Especially these days. If S didn’t exist I’d still have the X. I have not towed anything heavy with S yet. X towed like a dream.

I just have to laugh when folks note the reason why they want the X is exactly the things I thought were the weakest links.

I had 6/5-6/26 before. But before that it was 6/13-7/18.
Nice! Congrats. What did your EDD range look like prior to a VIN being assigned? Reason I ask, I'm RN1158 in northern NJ... about 40-50 miles from you. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I might be soon but by EDD is still 6/18- 7/28 which is quite a wide range.
Also all of those dates changed over the course of 1 week. Things change quickly.

What's wrong with the softclose doors?

And the background noise cancellation for phone calls, is it actually something different from the S?
The “softclose” part was good, the rest was terrible. Auto presenting, no way. Shut that off on day one. Reasons should be obvious. Auto closing. Don’t have a body part in the way when they close, they SLAM shut, dangerous. And I always found myself fighting with the door, when I manually wanted to control the door, you had to wait until it released control. Kind of a train wreck. I rather the door do nothing.

My Raven X was horrendous for hands free calls. Always hoped it would be a bug they would fix. I was shocked when someone posted the exact same issue in the refresh X. All I can think of is MICs are poorly placed due to the Windsshield setup in the X. I would not buy another X for that reason alone.

The “softclose” part was good, the rest was terrible. Auto presenting, no way. Shut that off on day one. Reasons should be obvious. Auto closing. Don’t have a body part in the way when they close, they SLAM shut, dangerous. And I always found myself fighting with the door, when I manually wanted to control the door, you had to wait until it released control. Kind of a train wreck. I rather the door do nothing.

My Raven X was horrendous for hands free calls. Always hoped it would be a bug they would fix. I was shocked when someone posted the exact same issue in the refresh X. All I can think of is MICs are poorly placed due to the Windsshield setup in the X. I would not buy another X for that reason alone.
I find the X to be a louder car than the S. I don't know why that would be, but I even had a fiend mention it out of the blue on Sunday. It's still quiet overall, but it does seem louder than either refresh or pre-refresh S's I had.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I find the X to be a louder car than the S. I don't know why that would be, but I even had a fiend mention it out of the blue on Sunday. It's still quiet overall, but it does seem louder than either refresh or pre-refresh S's I had.
The OEM 20” Winter Pirelli’s we’re much quieter than the AS 20” Continental’s. Model S Refresh only seems a smidge better. I would expect the Model X Refresh to be a smidge better than Raven X. But not hands free calls, apparently.

MaxPider Mats on top of carpets, Pirelli tires, rear cargo cover, panorama sunshade, rear hatch sunshade make the Model S Refresh pretty damn quiet.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
The OEM 20” Winter Pirelli’s we’re much quieter than the AS 20” Continental’s. Model S Refresh only seems a smidge better. I would expect the Model X Refresh to be a smidge better than Raven X. But not hands free calls, apparently.

MaxPider Mats on top of carpets, Pirelli tires, rear cargo cover, panorama sunshade, rear hatch sunshade make the Model S Refresh pretty damn quiet.

For the panorama and rear hatch sunshades, do you have the Tesla's or third party. The tesla site only has the one for Models 2012-2020 so not sure it fits the 2022 models?

After driving my father's X Plaid a few times, the S is definitely quieter and easier to drive.

Saw a 1162 just get delivered and lots of 1159’s lately. Hopefully a good sign
VIN RECEIVED TODAY.
Tesla app not updated yet but got a text message and it appears on website as well.
It says estimated delivery for 5/27 to 5/31 but we will see if that holds :).

its a 478 VIN, that should be the newest features right?