Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since you can directly compare, how are the new headlights vs old?

Brighter. It seems the ring around the headlights is brighter as well (pops even in daytime). The throw of-course is shaped different when seen in the dark. I haven't tested the high beams on the road yet. But not as big of a difference to me as of yet simply because matrix LEDs aren't truly being utilized for now. The main thing is that the rear definitely looks quite a bit different which made me opt for the new "design".

Brighter. It seems the ring around the headlights is brighter as well (pops even in daytime). The throw of-course is shaped different when seen in the dark. I haven't tested the high beams on the road yet. But not as big of a difference to me as of yet simply because matrix LEDs aren't truly being utilized for now. The main thing is that the rear definitely looks quite a bit different which made me opt for the new "design".
Yep, the real test will be once the matrix features are actually enabled.

What do you mean about the ring being different?

And are the DRLs any different?

Yep, the real test will be once the matrix features are actually enabled.

What do you mean about the ring being different?

And are the DRLs any different?

Yep, the DRL seem brighter. Seem to be much more noticeable to me even in the daytime. It could also be the darker housing and Projector lamps being darker which gives the illusion of a brighter “ring” :

79F314CA-C7E8-43E7-ABB6-444F1A3FCC97.jpeg

My EDD seems to change every 4weeks. It just changed this morning to June 17 - July 8th. So The window has tightened up. That’s encouraging MSLR white/white FSD Toronto. Ordered 1/8/22
My EDD hasn't changed since 3/26....still saying 7/18-9/12. I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing......White on white, MSLR, 21" wheels, No fsd. I ordered on 2/6 so hoping my window will narrow within the next few weeks....

But a pragmatic hitch. I like...

I wonder what it would look like in RED.

I guess I find out on Tuesday.
I’m sure it will look great. I had red on order, but I had the opportunity to pickup someone else’s reserve insuring my trade value. So I went for it. Last 2 Teslas were MSM, very practical but I was ready for a change. But I still enjoy MSM. Especially when I don’t have time to wash it or a bad stretch of weather preventing it. Looks mean even with Aero covers on.

I’m sure it will look great. I had red on order, but I had the opportunity to pickup someone else’s reserve insuring my trade value. So I went for it. Last 2 Teslas were MSM, very practical but I was ready for a change. But I still enjoy MSM. Especially when I don’t have time to wash it or a bad stretch of weather preventing it. Looks mean even with Aero covers on.

MSM is a practical color. But I've only had practical cars with practical colors last 45 years.

Time for something different.

I don't think they do include a second decorative frame for the front.

And as a note, MY I helped inspect at the store this week have nothing on the front, frame bracket was in the trunk.

They don't. But you can buy a matching one off them for the front for $40. Definitely appreciate the consistent look now, of the front and back license plates.

I prefer the most inconsistent look of no plate in the front and a plate, with OEM bracket, in the back ;)
I think the car should reflect the Avatar in the App, no front plate.

Speaking of plates, apparently at least in one store, all cars come WITHOUT front plate and mount attached, except for the MS. Perhaps crash tests were done with it on?

No worries, I have dental floss and not afraid to use it.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I think the car should reflect the Avatar in the App, no front plate.

Speaking of plates, apparently at least in one store, all cars come WITHOUT front plate and mount attached, except for the MS. Perhaps crash tests were done with it on?

No worries, I have dental floss and not afraid to use it.
I thought it was new policy or something when S came with it mounted. But on my X it was drilled on and they asked if I wanted it mounted and elected not too. On the 3 I was there when they put it on and I let them because it was just double side tape and the plate distracts from the ugly nose. I asked him if he had a jig to center it. He said he does it so often he doesn’t need one. When I got home It looked off and I measured it. It was off by like 2”. Height was wrong too. Ugh.

I also noticed the S plate mount is paint matched. I don’t think 3 or X was. Just black plastic. I think that’s why the S is factory mounted.

I thought it was new policy or something when S came with it mounted. But on my X it was drilled on and they asked if I wanted it mounted and elected not too. On the 3 I was there when they put it on and I let them because it was just double side tape and the plate distracts from the ugly nose. I asked him if he had a jig to center it. He said he does it so often he doesn’t need one. When I got home It looked off and I measured it. It was off by like 2”. Height was wrong too. Ugh.

I also noticed the S plate mount is paint matched. I don’t think 3 or X was. Just black plastic. I think that’s why the S is factory mounted.

Interesting. I can use it to add some bling to the plate when I mount it on the garage wall, with the other front plates I never mount...