Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dang. Looks dirty too. Whenever we get ours I plan to bring it home and hand wash it right away. Best chance to spot imperfections in that first 100 miles to report.
Well, no Mats, Fobs, but took delivery anyway. 401RM

Attachments

• 16538692442183632792935170211223.jpg
    16538692442183632792935170211223.jpg
    455.6 KB · Views: 109
I realize we are only getting to the half way point in the year. While this sounds ready for a fortune-cookie, some of us with orders might have cars sooner and some later, even into calendar 2023.

It used to be easy to determine your Tesla's "year" based on manufacturing date. Some posts on this forum suggest Tesla caved and started to use an arbitrary date to determine a vehicle's "year" like other manufacturers.

With that said, does anyone know the arbtitary date when Tesla S's arrive as 2023? Is the VIN expected to change from "NF" to "OF" for vehicles manufactured after that date?

I know for a Tesla it's just a number, but...

Thanks
For 2023 the letter will be "P". And probably November.

Well, no Mats, Fobs, but took delivery anyway. 401RM
Congrats on the car!

Are you waiting for the Tesla mats or will you go after market? I am expecting to have the mats missing as well, and I was looking around at my options. I don’t love all weather mats but that seems to be what is mostly available.

Do they give you a timeframe on the missing items?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Yes, VIN protocols do not allow use of letter “O” as it would be far too easily confused with “zero.”

Waaay back last century, when there was a DoD 100 documentation standard, military projects could not use "O" and some other revision letters for the same reason.

Now, back to documenting all the bonehead shipping damages to the underside of my car..