Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
However, I say this all with an OEM bias - I like things OEM for some reason and not modified (yes, I am weird).

You are not alone. Bone Stock is how I like it.

In 10 years, no one will pay extra for mods.

I'm even thinking of leaving the shipping damage alone so I can show the grandkids what Tesla was like, before Elon set up Giga Mars....

You are not alone. Bone Stock is how I like it.

In 10 years, no one will pay extra for mods.

I'm even thinking of leaving the shipping damage alone so I can show the grandkids what Tesla was like, before Elon set up Giga Mars....
10 years!! try 10 days from now no one will pay extra for mods. If people are buying used they are trying to save money, not pay extra.

One thing I noticed the other day. Saw an older Model S with TSportline wheels. They looked awful. Then it clicked, so many mods don’t age at the same rate the car does. They discolor differently, they fade differently, they wear differently. Not necessary worse but distinctly different. They look like a patch work.

10 years!! try 10 days from now no one will pay extra for mods. If people are buying used they are trying to save money, not pay extra.

One thing I noticed the other day. Saw an older Model S with TSportline wheels. They looked awful. Then it clicked, so many mods don’t age at the same rate the car does. They discolor differently, they fade differently, they wear differently. Not necessary worse but distinctly different. They look like a patch work.
Yep. Something about aftermarket wheels has never really sat well with me, too. They look like a mod, and I’ve always associated modding with lower-end cars. Perhaps crazy talk, but…

Yep. Something about aftermarket wheels has never really sat well with me, too. They look like a mod, and I’ve always associated modding with lower-end cars. Perhaps crazy talk, but…
But it’s not a bad thing when Tesla mods their cars with new lights and tilt screen. And torque vectoring and 3 carbon sleeved rotors creating 1020 HP! 😏

Last edited:
My MSLR has a similar scrape on the underside of the front bumper. I made a service request and they scheduled me 5 days out for a replacement bumper, then moved it 2 weeks further back. Now scheduled in 2 days, I'm halfway expecting it to get moved back again. Sucks because now I'm not even driving the car because I don't want any wear/tear before I get PPF installed.

Just FYI in case you are looking to get the bumper replaced

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
ah sorry - ordered 5/1/2022 - RN1170! Yeah hope it gets delivered before Aug 31 cause of that luxury tax!... I actually read somewhere of someone talking to the SA and them saying Tesla knows of this luxury tax taking effect September 1 so they're trying to push for a bunch to be delivered before then...
LOL, that was me - Yes my SA said they're well aware of the tax kicking in on Sept 1 and were trying to get as many S's and X's delivered before then. I'm still skeptical about that but cautiously optimistic given the EDD move today. Having said that, I know EDD's move around like Yo Yo's based on the experience of a ton of folks on this forum. So not getting my hopes up too high just yet. We'll just have to wait and see I guess:rolleyes:

I was just talking about the future fully forged Tesla Arachnids that will be required along the Tesla Ceramics brakes in order for the 200 MHP software to be released. 😉
The original 2012-2020 Arachnids were fully forged.
The new Zero-G performance wheels will be made available as part of the track package at a future date.

"A look at Tesla’s current Parts Catalog for the Model S shows that the company has listed two new wheels, which suggest that a dedicated “Track Package” may be coming for the flagship high-performance sedan. Specifically, these new parts appear to be Zero-G wheels with 285 front/305 wide rear tires.
Such wheels have been spotted in a Model S Plaid prototype at Laguna Seca, as per images shared by EV group The Kilowatts."

1654018156710.png

"