Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well I have officially made it to my delivery date 11.5 months after my original order. EDD 6/1. Thanks to this forum for all the info, entertainment and even the damn hinges discussions.

God knows there is a lot that can still go wrong between now and pick up later today.

With that being said and the amount of waiting I have endured , I'm just being honest, the panel gaps would have to be over an inch off, the bumper would need to be dragging on the pavement and the yoke would have to be missing for me to reject delivery.

Wish me luck.

Well I have officially made it to my delivery date 11.5 months after my original order. EDD 6/1. Thanks to this forum for all the info, entertainment and even the damn hinges discussions.

God knows there is a lot that can still go wrong between now and pick up later today.

With that being said and the amount of waiting I have endured , I'm just being honest, the panel gaps would have to be over an inch off, the bumper would need to be dragging on the pavement and the yoke would have to be missing for me to reject delivery.

Wish me luck.
Good luck! 👍

Wish me luck.
The yoke missing is a feature.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
A parting pic. I found that it is harder to wash a red car than a white one, pardon the water spots.

I be over in the refresh delivery issues thread, because, I have issues.
If you aren’t going to be getting PPF done, I would recommend at least getting it opti coated. It’s what I did to my old red one and it made washing it much easier.

Got VIN, but unfortunately it’s 4775XX! My question is if I get the new screen or not? My concern is why am I getting an old VIN? Any thoughts are welcome 🙏
Just got a 4773XX VIN. I'm not too concerned with the tilt screen. I asked if there were any problems and they stated it's coming straight from the factory. I'm hoping this to be true. If not, at least I have it all in writing.

Just got a 4773XX VIN. I'm not too concerned with the tilt screen. I asked if there were any problems and they stated it's coming straight from the factory. I'm hoping this to be true. If not, at least I have it all in writing.
If so, they should be able to tell you the birthday down to the second, and it's location.

Chance it is being shipped late due to some problems, hopefully fixed.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Rhetorical question: One thing I find fascinating is how Tesla can have a 5-week-wide EDD 2 weeks from now. With my EDD from June 16-July 21, how do they not have a better sense of production at that point?

Unless they use a day-of randomizer to generate VINs on the production line, one would think that they have the VIN sequence laid out well in advance of the vehicles even starting production. When this was Toyota/NUMMI, we had this planned weeks/months in advance. Granted, we needed some of our suppliers to sequence their deliveries to match with our production line (namely seats, which came from far away and left the delivery trucks in the exact order in which they'd be installed on the production line) so we had to plan that far in advance. But still, it's quite baffling that either Tesla does not, or that they purposefully widen the delivery dates to keep people guessing.

I will continue to patiently click the Tesla App multiple times a day in hopes that it will accelerate production at the Fremont plant :)

Rhetorical question: One thing I find fascinating is how Tesla can have a 5-week-wide EDD 2 weeks from now. With my EDD from June 16-July 21, how do they not have a better sense of production at that point?

Unless they use a day-of randomizer to generate VINs on the production line, one would think that they have the VIN sequence laid out well in advance of the vehicles even starting production. When this was Toyota/NUMMI, we had this planned weeks/months in advance. Granted, we needed some of our suppliers to sequence their deliveries to match with our production line (namely seats, which came from far away and left the delivery trucks in the exact order in which they'd be installed on the production line) so we had to plan that far in advance. But still, it's quite baffling that either Tesla does not, or that they purposefully widen the delivery dates to keep people guessing.

I will continue to patiently click the Tesla App multiple times a day in hopes that it will accelerate production at the Fremont plant :)
No one really knows how Tesla handles their production. The best guesses so far have been they build a certain amount of cars for each possible configuration and for each delivery destination, so unlike other manufacturers they don't produce a car for a customer more or so produce a bunch and will deliver them to whoever is next in line with the matching config.

This also explains why certain configurations have a larger lead time than others. One thing that doesn't make sense is how Tesla can't have a accurate EDD, for example if they are planning on building 10 white/black LRs for this month why can't they match the next 10 orders to those cars? Maybe they experience many production delays and can't even predict themselves when the cars will be ready?

Since you are close to your EDD you may have a "soft match" to a car but it could change... so strap in ahah

Believe 477 is a no go on the screen. 478 is confirmed. Decline. If a swiveling screen is something you want.
I called Tesla and they told me that my car B-Day was April 24th with the VIN 4775 dose come with swivel screen:) The car been at the factory waiting for the transportation! The EDD is June-9 June-15. I guess I’m getting a refresh refresh and refresh one🤓

I called Tesla and they told me that my car B-Day was April 24th with the VIN 4775 dose come with swivel screen:) The car been at the factory waiting for the transportation! The EDD is June-9 June-15. I guess I’m getting a refresh refresh and refresh one🤓
As a data point, my Model S Plaid build date was 4/25/22 VIN 47768X and has the swivel screen. Delivered 5/9/22.

I've got the exact same EDD. It's like possible we're getting it in June or we're going to get it August-November LMAO. Who Knows.