Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, just got an email from Tesla saying Final Payment Now Ready. I go onto the ap and my EDD is now June 2 to June 6! But no VIN on my account. It just says to reference my RN when making final payment. Does this make sense? I'm going to email my SA ASAP but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Worried I may be getting someone's reject. And very weird that I don't have a VIN assigned as of yet but they want my $$!

OK, just got an email from Tesla saying Final Payment Now Ready. I go onto the ap and my EDD is now June 2 to June 6! But no VIN on my account. It just says to reference my RN when making final payment. Does this make sense? I'm going to email my SA ASAP but just wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Worried I may be getting someone's reject. And very weird that I don't have a VIN assigned as of yet but they want my $$!
Check the web sight or wait 12 hrs for app to update. Try not to pay before inspection. They will bug you to do so.

Check the web sight or wait 12 hrs for app to update. Try not to pay before inspection. They will bug you to do so.
Website is the same - no VIN assigned yet there either. I just emailed my SA and asked him to call me ASAP tomorrow morning. He's been pretty good so far when I've reached out to him - so hopefully he'll give me a shout and provide me with some intel.

Congrats!! Keep us updated! i thought ours were going to come together 🥲

They just told me it was Apr 19th. That's not a good sign if it's been there that long, right?
You probably won't have a tilting screen, that's a bit before the start date.

Other than that- just check for cosmetic issues and create service requests for anything you find.

Of course, it's up to you if you want to reject that VIN and try to get the most up-to-date version.

Maybe. Someone mentioned yesterday a 4775 did. Yesterday at 5:44 PM

I would ask your SA if it does and what was the birthday of the car. Think you are targeting April 23rd or 24th to get it.
My SA isn't responding. Tesla sent me an email asking to set up a time to pick the car up next week. I called the general sales line and waited for over 30 minutes for someone to respond. The SA sounded like a rookie. Couldn't give me an exact date of manufacture - all he said was late April :rolleyes:. He checked the specs and he said he thinks it has the tilting screen and matrix headlights but he wanted to double check on it. Put me on hold and then I was disconnected.

I may drive to the delivery centre to speak to someone in person. It's only 10 minutes away. Pretty frustrating though!

My SA isn't responding. Tesla sent me an email asking to set up a time to pick the car up next week. I called the general sales line and waited for over 30 minutes for someone to respond. The SA sounded like a rookie. Couldn't give me an exact date of manufacture - all he said was late April :rolleyes:. He checked the specs and he said he thinks it has the tilting screen and matrix headlights but he wanted to double check on it. Put me on hold and then I was disconnected.

I may drive to the delivery centre to speak to someone in person. It's only 10 minutes away. Pretty frustrating though!
Sounds to me like they are just trying to get you to just accept the car. They can tell exactly what your cars "birthday" is.

When I texted (510) 330-1671 and asked I got this response:
"Hello, your car's Birthday: Thu Jun 3 7:44:07 2021 Thank you."

Not sure if that number for Tesla Order Support is still valid but it was a way to text Tesla.

Last edited:
Added this last night. Carbon front lip.

DF2091B0-DD3D-41F0-AC5C-31B6694945B7.jpeg