Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Who knew blue would look this good.
The blue looks amazing when clean. Just boggles my mind how good it looks. And the tilt screen is fun (if not essential).

Also, I missed you, O’ Wormy One.

Attachments

• 7E6D8481-8D7F-4E8F-8803-87308220974B.jpeg
    7E6D8481-8D7F-4E8F-8803-87308220974B.jpeg
    320.1 KB · Views: 141
Yeah it's an overly-aggressive rule with no exact specifics to it. If you sell your car too soon (even within 3 months) then you are risking it. I was really an edge-case and somehow got out but it seemed highly unlikely that I would get out throughout the process and all the back and forth.

I'd say keep the car for a few months and then sell it (if you really don't like it) perhaps - but not instantly.
Does Tesla inform you when you’re banned? Sold a leased car a month after buying it but I had kept it for 3 years as a lease prior to that. It would be nice to know so I can move on.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
A miss aligned trunk? A misaligned parked car? A lot of stuff plugged into outlets? Some car with only 75kW usable battery? TELL ME WHAT I AM LOOKING AT.

Bad ass. First post on 4500. Tell me what I won Bob.
CONGRATULATIONS CWANJA!!! YOU'RE THE FIRST TO POST ON PAGE 4,500! BOB, TELL HIM WHAT HE WON.... "Congratulations, CWANJA! You won a reservation for a Tesla Model S LR that will arrive in 2025! Standard features include automatic transmission, air conditioning and California emissions. Added features include an optional tilt screen, new hinges and brighter headlights. This will certainly help with today's high gas prices, and your low reservation number paired with an unusually far and variable EDD will be an enigma to everyone on Tesla Motor Club! Congratulations, again!..."

Last edited:
Got the ol, text us your trade in info text. Even though we have no trade. SA responded surprisingly and said it was a canned response but usually means a VIN is close.

I am always grasping at anything to have hope but reminded him this wasn’t the first time I’ve seen this text and my EDD is one of many I’ve had.

Here’s to hoping but given we have seen so few deliveries to the Midwest/West this late in the quarter I’m feeling defeated.

I have to be in the top 1% of longest waits for any long range that has made zero changes to the order since day one and had a completed profile marked cash, paying cash since probably June/July of last year.

I’m begging that this does not push into Q3.

Got the ol, text us your trade in info text. Even though we have no trade. SA responded surprisingly and said it was a canned response but usually means a VIN is close.

I am always grasping at anything to have hope but reminded him this wasn’t the first time I’ve seen this text and my EDD is one of many I’ve had.

Here’s to hoping but given we have seen so few deliveries to the Midwest/West this late in the quarter I’m feeling defeated.

I have to be in the top 1% of longest waits for any long range that has made zero changes to the order since day one and had a completed profile marked cash, paying cash since probably June/July of last year.

Hang in there. I’m rooting for you. I also completed my profile right away and I’m paying cash. I figured you have to get yours before I get mine. So I’m really hoping you get yours in June. I guess I should have asked before I placed my order which configuration has the shorter wait time.

Fingers crossed for you to get your car soon!

got my MS plaid VIN assigned yesterday. 6/20-26 delivery.

Anyone know if there’s any flexibility in delivery? I’m traveling 6/23-6/26
Typically zero flexibility. I think you have to pick up within 2-3 days of it arriving. Especially EOQ. You may get lucky. your travel window is small and hopefully the car comes sooner, around that 6/20 timeline.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Anyone secured quotes for a wrap, tint, ceramic coating all over including wheels recently?

I got one today for ~$9000 in Utah. Seems pricy.
$8400 in Northern California, for an XPEL ppf, ceramic coating and tint.
Ridiculous pricing... pre-Covid the price was half of that. Must be the Tesla Tax. ;)

Same here my LR was beginning last July and still waiting

Anyone secured quotes for a wrap, tint, ceramic coating all over including wheels recently?

I got one today for ~$9000 in Utah. Seems pricy.
A couple of months ago at Xpel Dallas. They did a great job.

Paint Protection Film XPEL ULTIMATE PLUS - Full vehicle coverage, Door Sills
XPEL FUSION Ceramic Coating Paint/PPF
XPEL PRIME XR - Nano Ceramic IR Automotive Window Tint 30% Fronts 20% Rest
XPEL PRIME XR - Nano Ceramic IR Automotive Window Tint 70% Sunroof
10% Tesla Club Disc

7370.10 before tax.