Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A few minor issues that I have submitted service tickets for already.
  • Misaligned exterior trim on front driver side - Delivery said that is the best they can do, but I think we can do better
I know about this issue. That trim is held on with friction, no screws. You can push it down and see if it stays. It should unless it was tweaked because it was either taken off improperly, or wasn't formed perfectly. Both my front door trims were taken off during my wrap and both of them wouldn't go back correctly. They paid to replace them, but one of the lead service techs at my local center happened to be there when I was picking them up. He had noticed mine were popped up before. He offered to replace them right out in the parking lot. He showed me how if you don't remove them correctly they will bend slightly, thus that end stays up.

For road trips where range is critical, or off road where rocks are abundant, the covers can be installed easily.
Probably would not make a significant enough difference, that I would just leave them off. The added range is a moot point because you are likely Supercharging or charging before the "added range" from the covers comes into play.

I did some night driving yesterday and WOW the new lights are 1000 times better than the old lights.
IDK how anyone can say otherwise.
This seals the deal for me. I'm selling my P100D and keeping my new LR.
does the auto high beam work any better with the new lights than they did with the old lights?
the auto high beams only turn on about 5% of the time I wished they would (my 2022 car arrived in February and has the old lights)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Any good floor mats people are getting that fit well on the new refreshes?
I have these floor mats and really like them

The refresh mats are a step above the old S mats. In fact, for now, Ive been using the stock mats and vaccuming them thoroughly once a week or so and I like them. I may eventually get some aftermarket mats but for now, the carpeted ones arent bad at all
Any good floor mats people are getting that fit well on the new refreshes?
I purchased the all weather mats from the Tesla site - they fit great if you're looking for an alternative to carpeted mats.

Yes - it's a Plaid. It's the standard Wall Charger. The subpanel in the garage needs upgrading and 50ft of thicker cable from the main house panel to the garage. This was the breakdown - seems high to me:-

Permit Fee**estimated** - $200
Panel reconfiguration to create space for new circuit - $395
Supply/install 100 amp 120/240 volt 1 phase sub-panel - $3,295
Power panel/service grounding and bonding - $595
Install 60amp hard wired Electric VehicleWall Charger - $695
Distance cost from the power panel to the EV charger ($20 per foot) - $1,000
Yikes. Around here that would be $1200 job. My brother is a union electrician. I ran the cable and paid for supplies he did all the connections. I paid him in free healthcare. 3 hours start to finish. Most time spent finding path for cable to run from basement to garage.
60ft cable
subpanel
60amp breaker
Tesla Gen3 charger
$750 installed including parts
Sometimes family is the best.

I got a text about express delivery and how someone will remotely assist with delivery. How does this work for inspecting the car and noting issues I find with the car?
At the sale center I picked up at there was still somewhere them to ask questions of. My experience was, if you do take delivery and have something you want addressed you will need to make a service appointment on the app and have that scheduled. Depending on where you live and what the service is, that appointment may be a mobile appointment at your home or at the service center itself.

I know about this issue. That trim is held on with friction, no screws. You can push it down and see if it stays. It should unless it was tweaked because it was either taken off improperly, or wasn't formed perfectly. Both my front door trims were taken off during my wrap and both of them wouldn't go back correctly. They paid to replace them, but one of the lead service techs at my local center happened to be there when I was picking them up. He had noticed mine were popped up before. He offered to replace them right out in the parking lot. He showed me how if you don't remove them correctly they will bend slightly, thus that end stays up.
Thank you very much! I appreciate the info. They will have to order the rear trim, so maybe I can get them to replace both.

Attachments

• 0515E363-8A09-4D87-960D-56EF8B6C2D55.png
    0515E363-8A09-4D87-960D-56EF8B6C2D55.png
    202.9 KB · Views: 100
I went to pick up my car today. I drove my ICE trade over an hour and arrived at the Tesla store. The lot was crowded. I quickly scanned the lot and spotted one blue Model S with 21” wheels. A service employee was parking it. I found a parking place in the crowded lot and went inside to speak with an advisor. I was a bit early, but was hoping to begin my inspection. I gave the receptionist/advisor my name. She scanned the schedule and didn’t see it. I explained that I was a few minutes early. She kept searching the schedule and finally asked for my phone number. I started to worry. She smiled and informed me that my appointment is not until next week. I checked my Tesla app and hung my head in shame.

Please don’t tell anyone. My face is still red.