Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a question for my friends here who have the "refresh 2.0." Curious if anyone has actually opened up a car built after say March 1, 2022 to see: (a) if there really is a micro switch or other means of enabling a horn response from the center of the yoke by a software update as asserted by Elon months ago; and (b) whether there could be motors and other enabling hardware to allow these twice-refreshed cars that don't apparently have the tilt screen be enabled in the future?

I ask the second question as I cannot imaging that they did not deal with whatever modifications were necessary for tilt when they had their shutdown to retool earlier this year. I am happy with the matrix lights and the new hinges but I would like the horn and tilt screen too!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have a question for my friends here who have the "refresh 2.0." Curious if anyone has actually opened up a car built after say March 1, 2022 to see: (a) if there really is a micro switch or other means of enabling a horn response from the center of the yoke by a software update as asserted by Elon months ago; and (b) whether there could be motors and other enabling hardware to allow these twice-refreshed cars that don't apparently have the tilt screen be enabled in the future?

I ask the second question as I cannot imaging that they did not deal with whatever modifications were necessary for tilt when they had their shutdown to retool earlier this year. I am happy with the matrix lights and the new hinges but I would like the horn and tilt screen too!
For being on this thread as long as I have:
1. Cars made from about mid Nov. 21 will software update to the push horn
2. All refresh were made with the swivel capability with missing motors until this latest update.

But until @EndlessPlaid comments take this with a grain of salt.

I will have to ask my brother for the specs. Ended up running a 5 wire cable because that was all I could get my hands on in the length I needed. It was a pretty thick cable I believe 3 or 4 gauge.. The wire is heavy and thick and not too easy to run in walls.
Sorry if that was not helpful, but my brother is the electrician, I just do the grunt work.
Thank you. It was probably the #4 gage. Two hots - balack and red. Neutral - white and bare ground.

As with typical horns, Does the airbag collapse slightly then spring back on all current cars?
Just like all cars for the last 50 years? Then all that would be needed is the switch mechanism to have been there since November of 21.....:rolleyes:

So 477 is actually not old. Depending on what the 4th digit is you may in fact have all the latest features on this car. But to each his own…
Apologies for duplicate* You’re correct, not that old. Build date was late April but did not have tilt screen and had already racked up a couple hundred miles (presuming test drives). I decided a pass was best.

For being on this thread as long as I have:
1. Cars made from about mid Nov. 21 will software update to the push horn
2. All refresh were made with the swivel capability with missing motors until this latest update.

But until @EndlessPlaid comments take this with a grain of salt.
Yup, you are correct here!

To add a bit to Point 2, cars manufacturered after 4/22/2022 have the motors and additional hardware to support the tilting screen.

You mean this trim above the inductive charger? Mine is hanging down a bit too on the left side! I pulled it down fully and the clip looks intact but it still doesn’t seem to stick up fully. Not a big deal, but a bit odd!
That should be flush--the diag cables are behind the panel, maybe a cable or one of the connectors is getting in the way of it seating properly----the the thing pops out, but you need to remove the inductive charing pad first (which is a simple process).

That should be flush--the diag cables are behind the panel, maybe a cable or one of the connectors is getting in the way of it seating properly----the the thing pops out, but you need to remove the inductive charing pad first (which is a simple process).
You don’t need to remove the charging pad. I just used my fingers and pulled the cover down and out. Nothing appeared out of the ordinary there - no cables in the way etc. It’s really a minor concern in the grand scheme of things.

Hey guys, not sure anyone received this kind of text message before the vehicle delivery. I’m scheduled to pickup the vehicle on Monday. This morning I got a text saying that “Our Vehicle Readiness Team has to undergo a series of further inspections on your vehicle prior to releasing it for delivery this Monday.“. They gave me new pickup date. Wondering should I go the service center and find out more. Not sure how to interpret this message.

Hey guys, not sure anyone received this kind of text message before the vehicle delivery. I’m scheduled to pickup the vehicle on Monday. This morning I got a text saying the “Our Vehicle Readiness Team has to undergo a series of further inspections on your vehicle prior to releasing it for delivery this Monday.“. They gave me new pickup date. Wondering should I go the service center and find out more.
If it is nearby I would. Do you know if it has arrived at the facility yet? Maybe it is a delay in transport?

If it is nearby I would. Do you know if it has arrived at the facility yet? Maybe it is a delay in transport?
You know that feeling you get like the heart is sinking deeper in the chest? I get it each time I see a submission from @EightYears because seeing his signature is cautionary to me as to how much longer I may have to wait.

You know that feeling you get like the heart is sinking deeper in the chest? I get it each time I see a submission from @EightYears because seeing his signature is cautionary to me as to how much longer I may have to wait.
One would think that could be an indication. It should be fact, but the Monkey has proven otherwise. I stopped by a Tesla shop the other day and they said my soft match for production is in the first week of July with a 2nd/3rd week Delivery. I have very little hope for an early quarter delivery in the West. It is something to grasp onto though. I was given the same tease at the end of Q1 and it never happened. I can tell you the wife is getting to her wit's end with this process which only adds to the stress of it. We have been juggling one car since July of last year. It sucks.

One would think that could be an indication. It should be fact, but the Monkey has proven otherwise. I stopped by a Tesla shop the other day and they said my soft match for production is in the first week of July with a 2nd/3rd week Delivery. I have very little hope for an early quarter delivery in the West. It is something to grasp onto though. I was given the same tease at the end of Q1 and it never happened. I can tell you the wife is getting to her wit's end with this process which only adds to the stress of it. We have been juggling one car since July of last year. It sucks.
Man your posts really highlight the need for a sad emoji on TMC!

Hey guys, not sure anyone received this kind of text message before the vehicle delivery. I’m scheduled to pickup the vehicle on Monday. This morning I got a text saying that “Our Vehicle Readiness Team has to undergo a series of further inspections on your vehicle prior to releasing it for delivery this Monday.“. They gave me new pickup date. Wondering should I go the service center and find out more. Not sure how to interpret this message.
I would. In fact I live 72 miles from my store and I would go there and talk face to face.