Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
does the auto high beam work any better with the new lights than they did with the old lights?
the auto high beams only turn on about 5% of the time I wished they would (my 2022 car arrived in February and has the old lights)

Auto high-beam seems to barely turn on the high beams on my new S. The low-beams provide tons of visibility though.

On my old S with the crap lights auto high-beam turns them on very frequently but will constantly mistake road signs or rear reflectors as other cars and flick them on and off. It's so bad that it's unusable and I disabled auto high-beam on my old S.

OK, I picked up my MS this morning. Overall pretty happy with how it went. Highlights are as follows:

1. I was there for almost 2.5 hours doing the paperwork, inspecting the car, getting my phone, keys and fobs setup etc.. I think they were wondering when the hell I was going to leave lol
  2. I used the checklist provided on another thread - whoever came up with this, thank you!
  3. My SA was amazing. Spent well over an hour going through the car with me, answering all of my questions etc. - very lucky not having to just rely on the videos on my ap.
  4. I brought my own knee pads to check the bottom of the car lol. Including the front bumper that was scratched and repaired. I looked like a bit of an idiot sliding along the sides of the car in the showroom looking for issues. But so be it.
  5. My SA helped me set up a service appointment on my ap for the issues found. It's scheduled to go in on Wednesday morning. Hopefully it shouldn't take that long to fix the issues I found. And on the ones I found that were marginal, he agreed with me and helped me take the pictures to attach to the appointment.
So I found the following:
  1. No privacy cover for the back trunk - the SA said they were out of stock; he then went to the back and found one!
  2. No floor mats - they WERE out of stock - but I already have my 3D MaxPider mats (ordered from Amazon last week) that I installed when I get home so I wasn't too worried about it. I will drop by and pick them up at some point.
  3. Small misalignments on the passenger side of the car - frunk and headlight, front and rear doors and tail lights with trunk. Nothing that bad but noticeable when you spend some time looking over the car. The SA's view was that Service should be able to fix them all. He also said this was one of the better MS's he's seen in a while (same thing the Service Manager said).
I also noticed a small wrinkle in the driver seat when I got home - not sure what service can do about that but I'll mention it to them when I drop the car off on Wednesday.

Again, very impressed with the customer service exhibited by the SA today - reminds me of when I picked up my 2016 MS. If only everyone else who works there was like that, the Company would be in much better shape.

Initial thoughts on the drive:

1. I love it;
  2. Yoke will take a little getting used to but I can tell I'm going to love it too. I love the fact that my screen view is unimpeded by a wheel.
  3. The trip to the dealership from home is only 4 miles so I haven't driven it much but the pickup is crazy good. I can tell it's a lot faster than my 2016. I will take it out tomorrow morning on the highway and give it a real whirl ;)
  4. It would be nice to have the tilt screen but super happy I have the car now rather than August which would have been the earliest I probably would have gotten it had I waited. I plan on doing a lot of driving the next couple of months so it's nice to have an amazing new car to do it in when the weather is nice :)
Thanks to everyone on this forum who provided invaluable intel on this entire process. The next step is to sell my old 2016 MS - I have it posted in the For Sale forum if anyone is interested.

And for those of you who have been waiting way longer than me I apologize for "jumping the queue". I just got lucky because someone ahead of me not being able to accept delivery on the exact same configuration. But trust me, it's worth the wait. 👍
You did not mention the steering alignment which many of us received the car misaligned. You may be the lucky few who got it with no problem.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid

Attachments

• 1655066995307.jpeg
    1655066995307.jpeg
    284.8 KB · Views: 61
Either way I am ejecting myself from this thread as I finally picked up my MSM S LR today! Loving it so far! Had a 477 VIN but no tilt screen (despite the advisor assuring me it was in my April 15 build) but everything else is super dope and a big upgrade (initial quality) vs. my M3P which was nice as well.
Congratulations!

Last edited by a moderator:
Either way I am ejecting myself from this thread as I finally picked up my MSM S LR today! Loving it so far! Had a 477 VIN but no tilt screen (despite the advisor assuring me it was in my April 15 build) but everything else is super dope and a big upgrade (initial quality) vs. my M3P which was nice as well.
When did you order yours if you don't mind I'm asking ? I'm still waiting since May 2021 for my MS LR

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if a build date of 4/14/22 would have the updated lights, charge port and swivel screen? My SA sent me an email about an inventory car but not the VIN :(
My car had an Apr 14 build date with no tilt screen. But it had the new charge port and matrix headlights. Your car was probably rejected by another customer given that it's been 2 month's now. Mine got rejected by another customer since their financing fell through. But you need to find out why it was rejected before accepting it. Was it due to damage or something like what happened with me.

My car had an Apr 14 build date with no tilt screen. But it had the new charge port and matrix headlights. Your car was probably rejected by another customer given that it's been 2 month's now. Mine got rejected by another customer since their financing fell through. But you need to find out why it was rejected before accepting it. Was it due to damage or something like what happened with me.
Getting the truth about why it was rejected is very unlikely. They straight up lied to me and I found out later on my own. Take what they say with a very large grain of salt.

Thanks, I'll check with my SA when they open.