Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I feel like I'm in a pretty tough spot now. I got the text that my car is in transit with EDD next week. I have applied with some credit unions including credit union 1. They're still advertising 1.99% for 60 which I will take if I'm fortunate to get it. I'd like to finance the entire vehicle and stay liquid. PenFed pre-approved for entire amount @ 4.09% 72 mos. Unsure if I even have enough time to get everything done by next week for delivery.
Im a bit worried as well. But moreso about time to do tradein. I think a straight approval for check is pretty fast no?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I feel like I'm in a pretty tough spot now. I got the text that my car is in transit with EDD next week. I have applied with some credit unions including credit union 1. They're still advertising 1.99% for 60 which I will take if I'm fortunate to get it. I'd like to finance the entire vehicle and stay liquid. PenFed pre-approved for entire amount @ 4.09% 72 mos. Unsure if I even have enough time to get everything done by next week for delivery.
You can always refi for a lower rate when it drops hopefully later.

No. Probably will find out they’re all like this.

Pardon me while I run out to check...
Yeah hopefully someone else can chime in on this to see if it’s normal or not. Still rubbish if it is normal.
Runs to the garage.

Crap.

I don't have it, but I can see how I will soon. Plastic cover is two pieces and snaps together on the sides, but not securely, it can be made to unsnap with light hand pressure.

I'm sure there will be a tape fix soon.

😉

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but is it possible to retrofit the new Model S taillights onto my 2022 Plaid that came in with the old ones? I am also wondering if they are still delivering the Model S without the bottom trunk cover, I took delivery at the end of December and still don't have my trunk cover 6 months later...they said it would be shipped but never did

So in the last few months the financial markets have had a bunch of downward movement. Tesla raised their financing rates (3.74% is currently "normal" for Tesla, they wont go lower than that). The amount of money they'll provide likely depends on the individual. A few months ago it was easy for me to finance the bulk of my car (~146k) < 2%. But my order kept getting delayed. For me to keep my interest very low right now I have to put down ~56k cash to pickup my plaid next week. I didn't want to put that much money towards it because I'd prefer free money but since rates have been climbing and markets adjusting I settled on keeping my "best" rate with putting more down upfront. If you don't take the order you're out the order fee which isn't the end of the world. As always it can be worth shopping around to multiple lenders, but it is very expected to have higher rates and less offered from financing companies as the current markets are on a downward trajectory.
Put as least as possible down. Cars aren’t investments.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but is it possible to retrofit the new Model S taillights onto my 2022 Plaid that came in with the old ones? I am also wondering if they are still delivering the Model S without the bottom trunk cover, I took delivery at the end of December and still don't have my trunk cover 6 months later...they said it would be shipped but never did
Make a service appointment for the missing trunk cover. It will likely magically appear.

More details from Electrek: interesting to note that Tesla now produces more vehicles in Fremont, CA than GM/Toyota did previously.

"The CEO wrote it was a “very tough quarter” and employees need to “rally hard to recover”: “This has been a very tough quarter, primarily due to supply chain and production challenges in China, so we need to rally hard to recover!” Earlier this week, Electrek reported that Musk warned Tesla workers of a ‘nutty’ end-of-quarter delivery wave for the same reason.

By “supply chain and production challenges in China”, Musk is referring to Gigafactory Shanghai being closed for weeks earlier in the quarter, along with several suppliers, due to the restrictions to control COVID cases in Shanghai. The CEO said that production is now “returning to full strength” in Shanghai.

Interestingly, Musk also gave some insight into the production status at other Tesla factories. He wrote about Fremont: “I’d like to congratulate the Fremont team for achieving a new all-time record production day last week,” We reported this week that Tesla now produces more cars at Fremont factory than when it was operated by GM and Toyota."
But is the build quality better than the GM/Toyota effort? Rhetorical question.