Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just finalized my financing with DCU. I am putting about 20% down, but I could have gone 100% financing. I ended up at 2.74% less the .5% membership discount and .25% energy efficiency discount (1.99% total).
Wow thats good info. Im trying to do the same with DCU but holding off until VIN even though I really want to lock in a rate now. Would like to finance 100% or over to cover taxes/ppf and would love a rate around what you got!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Pardon me while I run out to check...

Runs to the garage.

Crap.

I don't have it, but I can see how I will soon. Plastic cover is two pieces and snaps together on the sides, but not securely, it can be made to unsnap with light hand pressure.

I'm sure there will be a tape fix soon.

😉
Yep. I’ll use some 3M double-sided tape at some point soon. Ridiculous they have such an ugly piece of janky plastic for the passenger to enjoy…

Yep. I’ll use some 3M double-sided tape at some point soon. Ridiculous they have such an ugly piece of janky plastic for the passenger to enjoy…
That is for when the screen is tilted to you, the passenger can aggrivate you so you relent and tilt the screen back to them.
That is the new driver aggrivation package! Tesla is so thoughtful!...🤣

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but is it possible to retrofit the new Model S taillights onto my 2022 Plaid that came in with the old ones? I am also wondering if they are still delivering the Model S without the bottom trunk cover, I took delivery at the end of December and still don't have my trunk cover 6 months later...they said it would be shipped but never did
Anything is possible but it would not be easy. Its not plug and play. To retrofit would require changing the charging door / cables as well. No one to my knowledge has attempted it yet due to the complexity required.

Looked like backlog of trunk covers was getting better, had a month or two nobody was saying they were missing it, but its cropping up again.
Others have had good luck putting in a service ticket to remind them you still need it.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I
first post here but I just got my Vin today 480xxx. ordered late March 2022. MS Plaid, no FSD, Arachnids. On my loan app, it says the estimated interest is 3.75% if anyone is curious. EDD 6/28-7/2
I would be torn between doing a hold, and loosing the financing rate, or accepting whatever you get at EoQ.

Def use the delivery checklist. Look for damage under the car, paint issues, and missing parts.

Possible your EDD would be pushed out, but probably not enough to avoid quality issues.

Consider any body damage would take weeks to fix at EoQ. If this happens, consider rejecting the VIN.

I

I would be torn between doing a hold, and loosing the financing rate, or accepting whatever you get at EoQ.

Def use the delivery checklist. Look for damage under the car, paint issues, and missing parts.

Possible your EDD would be pushed out, but probably not enough to avoid quality issues.

Consider any body damage would take weeks to fix at EoQ. If this happens, consider rejecting the VIN.
thanks bro. Yeah, i hear interest is going up again, I rushed to get the application in today. we spend about $300 a week in gas now, so hoping that the gas saving will offset the higher interest rates.

Any video of how it “should” be?
Bottom and sides should be flush.

Mobile is coming this AM. Any questions I should ask for the group?

Attachments

• 16552177746404538812538800451864.jpg
    16552177746404538812538800451864.jpg
    342.9 KB · Views: 77
I had to take a car that fell through to ensure I kept my 1.24% with DCU. Different colors inside and out.

Though @aerodyne and I went over it with his calipers (kidding) for hours (not kidding), it ended up in Service/Body Shop for 3 weeks. It was an aggravating ordeal. But I now have a near Perfect (minus tilt) Plaid.

Had to drive to LAX yesterday (hour plus—one way). Twice because flight details got miss-communicated. Didn’t mind a bit. Farted around with FSD and scared the bejesus out of my son with the acceleration.

Grin on!