Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I here at my store for delivery. After complaining about the condition of the car, the delivery guy finally comes to look at it. It needs a new rear bumper! This will be my fourth match . I’m so mad. Should I refuse it?
If that is it. Take it. Also lock them in on the lead-time to get said bumper. If it is drivable, drive it in good health (;)) and have them replace the bumper.

• Love
Reactions: EndlessPlaid
PSA: I am picking up my MSLR tomorrow.
After today's price increase, I texted Tesla and they immediately adjusted the price of my 2021 MYLR trade-in value by $3000
Additional price increases announced... good news for current owners and reservation holders. ;)

"Tesla Model S also saw its price increase significantly today, and that’s after a big $5,000 price increase just a few months ago.
The Model S Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive Long Range went from $99,990 to $104,990 with the price increase today.
The Plaid version of the flagship electric sedan stays the same price at $135,990."

Tesla-Model-S-Price-Jun-2022.jpg

Wait how did that work lol? They just raised it that easily?
Yes, very simple and quick. I just sent a text message asking to reevaluate the vehicle given the latest price increase. I got the new number within the hour. Probably the fact that I am picking up tomorrow helped.
In my opinion it makes sense given the higher value that i am getting from Givemethevin etc. Still, with the tax benefit, Tesla’s offer is overall better.

Yes, very simple and quick. I just sent a text message asking to reevaluate the vehicle given the latest price increase. I got the new number within the hour. Probably the fact that I am picking up tomorrow helped.
In my opinion it makes sense given the higher value that i am getting from Givemethevin etc. Still, with the tax benefit, Tesla’s offer is overall better.
Thanks for the insight. My current trade in eval expires in a week but ill try texting them!

Congrats!
but....HowTF?
How many people put boring 19" wheels and boring white paint on a Plaid order. ;-)

I'm going for mileage -- rated at 396 in that config (I'm sure the white paint will improve the mileage). The June-Aug delivery target put me over the top. "Gosh dear, this car sure is peppy" is a nice to have but I hypermile all the time (the current Raven Ludicrous is sitting at 285 whours/mile lifetime average -- after several Wisconsin winters). I'd be in an LR if the durn things were gonna be delivered this decade.

How many people put boring 19" wheels and boring white paint on a Plaid order. ;-)

I'm going for mileage -- rated at 396 in that config (I'm sure the white paint will improve the mileage). The June-Aug delivery target put me over the top. "Gosh dear, this car sure is peppy" is a nice to have but I hypermile all the time (the current Raven Ludicrous is sitting at 285 whours/mile lifetime average -- after several Wisconsin winters). I'd be in an LR if the durn things were gonna be delivered this decade.
That's 3/4 of the reason I changed my reservation from LR to Plaid, with the remaining 1/8 being I want the peppy and the other 1/8 being that it's probably the only time in my life i'll ever be able to own the fastest production car/sedan

That still doesn't address how you got a 2-day turnaround on your VIN -- but hey, enjoy it!!!

If that is it. Take it. Also lock them in on the lead-time to get said bumper. If it is drivable, drive it in good health (;)) and have them replace the bumper.
I didn’t take it. A service advisor came and looked at it and said that it would need a new bumper. A manager said that it was missing one or more clips. A new painted bumper would be sent from the factory. I have no idea how long it would take.

Some of the small cosmetic issues were taken care of while I was waiting for the pronouncement on the bumper. It was missing mats and all of the trunk components. Other than the rear bumper issue, it was beautiful and had the latest adjustable screen. IMHO, the Model S is still the best-looking Tesla. I wish the quality control was better.

One thing that seemed odd, the MSRP on the Monroney label was less than my order price from July 2021. The car was built last month.

My sales advisor has assured me that my order wouldn’t be cancelled. We’ll see.

I didn’t take it. A service advisor came and looked at it and said that it would need a new bumper. A manager said that it was missing one or more clips. A new painted bumper would be sent from the factory. I have no idea how long it would take.

Some of the small cosmetic issues were taken care of while I was waiting for the pronouncement on the bumper. It was missing mats and all of the trunk components. Other than the rear bumper issue, it was beautiful and had the latest adjustable screen. IMHO, the Model S is still the best-looking Tesla. I wish the quality control was better.

One thing that seemed odd, the MSRP on the Monroney label was less than my order price from July 2021. The car was built last month.

If I look at the price breakdown on the app, it shows the base price of the car as $76,900 with a $53,090 Plaid upgrade. (This was when the price was $129,990 for Plaid and $94,990 for LR). Could that have been what you saw?

….So what was wrong with the bumper?

That's 3/4 of the reason I changed my reservation from LR to Plaid, with the remaining 1/8 being I want the peppy and the other 1/8 being that it's probably the only time in my life i'll ever be able to own the fastest production car/sedan

That still doesn't address how you got a 2-day turnaround on your VIN -- but hey, enjoy it!!!

Ah. I just got the "you still gonna take delivery?" call so, (thanks to y'all) i asked about that. This car was built June 6th and found itself in Cleveland. I asked if somebody had declined it. The rep looked in the Secret Places and said "nope, you're the first and there are no damage-disclosures on the car." He's puzzled too and, being A Guy, made up a plausible hypothesis and delivered it with a straight face.... "Maybe something with the truck route..."

I didn't push him on it. :)

I bet it gets here before the end of the quarter. Cleveland's only a couple days away by truck.

I asked if I could pay with a personal check. No dice - cashier's check only. I'm taking delivery with my pals in the Minneapolis service center.

<pendantic>
I wish everyone would stop calling it a tilting screen (which means up/down) and call it a swiveling screen (left/right). Tilting really is the wrong word (look it up).
</pedantic>
Things tilt right or left or backwards or forwards. Swiveling is turning around a point or axis. So call it what you want! I would call it a tilting screen but I really don’t care since mine is fixed and sturdy. 😃

Not that it was an option for me a couple months ago, my delivering agent was very hands-on for me and even helped me go over the fit, finish and completeness of the car. They fixed a couple paint things on it while I waited, and I *think* touchless, they will just drop it off for you.
Not with my delivery. The SC staff did not even get off his butt. He told me what parking spot number of my car is. I don't think he even said "good luck". So pathetic.

I really love that Tesla is still advertising the car as coming with Caraoke. Over a year since these cars started being delivered and that feature is simply not there.

Oh yeah, and this too:

“The front trunk can fit a full-size carry-on suitcase, and the rear seats can fold flat at the press of a button.”

Uh huh. Yeah a press of a button and then manually pulling the seats down. The Model Y’s rear seats fold flat at the press of a button, Tesla! The Model S seats do not.

There is probably some truth, if you interpret things literally. I sure Tesla would agree..

You might be able to fit a carry on in the frunk, no where is it stated that you can close the frunk afterwards.

The rear seat CAN fold flat, with a sufficient forward force, or gravity vector