Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How many people put boring 19" wheels and boring white paint on a Plaid order. ;-)

I'm going for mileage -- rated at 396 in that config (I'm sure the white paint will improve the mileage). The June-Aug delivery target put me over the top. "Gosh dear, this car sure is peppy" is a nice to have but I hypermile all the time (the current Raven Ludicrous is sitting at 285 whours/mile lifetime average -- after several Wisconsin winters). I'd be in an LR if the durn things were gonna be delivered this decade.
I think the 19's are ok with the covers off, and a MY or after market center cap added.

Wish I stuck with white. Red is almost as hot in the Sun as black.

If I look at the price breakdown on the app, it shows the base price of the car as $76,900 with a $53,090 Plaid upgrade. (This was when the price was $129,990 for Plaid and $94,990 for LR). Could that have been what you saw?
My Monrony is also inaccurate with s price way lower than what I paid last Oct. Are not these things legally supposed to be correct?

I could see it wasn’t fitted correctly. I’m not sure why it needs replacement—perhaps it has to do with the missing clip. The service man said it would have to be replaced.

@jebinc I am paying cash, so I wasn’t worried about loan rates.
Be curious that know where the clip was.

A screw holds the aft upper ends of the bumper cover to the fender, attached via a rivnut in the fender. Screw was cross threaded, partly installed, and rivnut torn out.

I put a vice grip on the nut, removed the screw, chased the threads, and reinstalled the screw into the nut holding on with vice grips until seated.

If I let the SvC do it, who knows what would happen.

I could see it wasn’t fitted correctly. I’m not sure why it needs replacement—perhaps it has to do with the missing clip. The service man said it would have to be replaced.

@jebinc I am paying cash, so I wasn’t worried about loan rates.
@Ormond Did the same. It’s good to have few constraints/anchors that limit the optimization of solutions! Way to go on the rejection!

You might loose your deposit and place in line. With today's price hike, maybe consider keeping it and selling after 3 months...
Tesla offered a reject that they determined needed repair…. That’s much different than a picky customer rejecting a good car because they didn’t like the way that car looked back at them! 👀

Things tilt right or left or backwards or forwards. Swiveling is turning around a point or axis. So call it what you want! I would call it a tilting screen but I really don’t care since mine is fixed and sturdy. 😃
Telescope backwards or forwards, turn (swivel) left or right, tilt up or down, swish it all around .... just sayin'.

Last edited:
How many people put boring 19" wheels and boring white paint on a Plaid order. ;-)

Agree on boring white. Mine is not a Plaid.

I was planning on getting other wheels but after adding TWRAPS to calipers I really like the 19” with covers on and plan on keeping it that way.

52151358227_f6df900911_b_d.jpg

And it’s hard to beat the efficiency. Check out Trip A. That’s a round trip. I’ll use that extra range way more often than I’d ever use the extra power.

52123200182_81acf4c8fa_b_d.jpg

Agree on boring white. Mine is not a Plaid.

I was planning on getting other wheels but after adding TWRAPS to calipers I really like the 19” with covers on and plan on keeping it that way.

52151358227_f6df900911_b_d.jpg

And it’s hard to beat the efficiency. Check out Trip A. That’s a round trip. I’ll use that extra range way more often than I’d ever use the extra power.

52123200182_81acf4c8fa_b_d.jpg
Trip A must be city miles.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid