Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ll use that extra range way more often than I’d ever use the extra power.
Yea, but… POWER!!!

1655444401097.png

Tesla offered a reject that they determined needed repair…. That’s much different than a picky customer rejecting a good car because they didn’t like the way that car looked back at them! 👀
I don't disagree, but consider the possibility that quality could actually decline even further from here on out.

I think that the best time to buy a MS, provided you don't already have one, was yesterday.

Yeah and I think they're supposed to be installed on the window. Tesla plays fast and loose with these, no one really cares and hasn't sued them yet over it.
The Monroney label was not fixed to the window on the last 4 new cars I purchased (different manufacturers).

I believe it has to do with how they are offered for sale. If on a lot for people to walk buy, they are up, but since I ordered them directly from the manufacturer and they came in ear-marked for me, they didn't have to display them?

I did have to sign off on each that I received it though. I am sure that's also somewhere in the digital acceptance of the Tesla contract as well.

On a related note, I really like how Chrysler does the special orders, the Monroney they came with each said "Built especially for Daniel ______ " printed right on them. I framed them and put them up in my garage. 😄

I don't disagree, but consider the possibility that quality could actually decline even further from here on out.

I think that the best time to buy a MS, provided you don't already have one, was yesterday.
Or last August, when I got mine. The vibration is my biggest issue, but that seems to be true for most of them built yesterday, today and likely tomorrow. Re the vibration, I dialed most of that out with a slight front drop using N2itive lowering links.

My sales advisor texted me today to see if I changed my mind about taking the car. She said the manager thought that I had decided to take it. As I am an indecisive person, I’m considering it. Other than the bumper, everything seemed to align well inside and out. This photo is of the rear bumper where it meets the body near the rear hatch.
4A248E82-6CEF-42B3-A3E2-6003F36368FD.jpeg

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
My sales advisor texted me today to see if I changed my mind about taking the car. She said the manager thought that I had decided to take it. As I am an indecisive person, I’m considering it. Other than the bumper, everything seemed to align well inside and out. This photo is of the rear bumper where it meets the body near the rear hatch. View attachment 817785
Sheeeet man!
Tell them you WILL take the car with a written agreement from the store to fix it and any associated, consequential damage beyond what is seen, while you drive a loaner from them. Ask them how soon could they repair it to "new standard" and have that in the agreement..
Depending on how this happened, there may be more unseen damage found after the panel removal!!

Sheeeet man!
Tell them you WILL take the car with a written agreement from the store to fix it and any associated, consequential damage beyond what is seen, while you drive a loaner from them. Ask them how soon could they repair it to "new standard" and have that in the agreement..
Depending on how this happened, there may be more unseen damage found after the panel removal!!
@cwanja @Donsla MS Thank you for the great advice!!!

Well folks, there was a big question mark as to whether Id get my Plaid after tesla financing came back with an unacceptable offer. I was able to finance the entire vehicle for 2.24%/60. Not the 1.24%/72 people had been getting, but given the current environment I’m pleased.

Home delivery in about a week. So under 3 months from order to tentative delivery. Pretty good.

My sales advisor texted me today to see if I changed my mind about taking the car. She said the manager thought that I had decided to take it. As I am an indecisive person, I’m considering it. Other than the bumper, everything seemed to align well inside and out. This photo is of the rear bumper where it meets the body near

View attachment 817821
Anyone get this text from Tesla too? Very random.
Very interesting! People have been waiting a long time but there are units ready for delivery now. Hmmmm ... I dont know what to think about that.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid