Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I checked my account today and my Model S order was placed on “hold.” I don’t recall it happening before. I ended up refusing the Model S. Do I have to take it out of hold status myself?
The “hold” status is likely to avoid rematching you to the same car, which happened to me when I rejected a Model Y. I was rematched to that same car days later, so my SA placed a temporary hold on my order.

When I requested a hold they said it was for 30 days. I wondered if they would release it at 30 days, but it was still on hold a couple days later when I requested the release. I was right on top of the cutover to the new lights so I was counting every day.
30 day hold is std now. The only thing consistent about this process is it is not consistent.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Just noticed that there’s a car matching my preferences in app besides the wheels that Tesla is trying to push on me. Only option is to select that model.

I can’t see the vin or any insight into if it has the refreshed refresh features.

Anyone able to see that detail? Or do I need to wait until Monday to check with sales?
Scratch that. I was able to check with SR and confirmed the birth date has the updated bits. Should be able to take delivery as soon as Tuesday. MS Plaid 19” MSM/White 479xxx 🤘🏻🤘🏻

Went for my first Tesla service for my 2022 MSLR. I have a 2020 model 3 that has never required a service appointment in the 3 years we have owned it, so this is my first Tesla service experience.
When my car was delivered last month, it was missing the trunk parcel shelf and had summer performance tires. When I ordered the car last October, I had requested All-season tires The. SA told me most MSLR with 19inch wheels delivered to the Midwest would come with All-season tires, but if the car did not come with the requested tires tesla would change them free of charge.
When I picked up the car, I noticed I had the wrong tires. I told the SA and he told me the tires were out of stock and Tesla would contact me when the tires arrived.
I put in a service request through the app for the shelf and received notification last week that I could come in and pick up the shelf.
I showed up at Tesla service for St. Louis on Thursday and a tech met me outside the service garage with my shelf in hand. he asked me if I needed anything else. I told him about the tires, and he went into the service bay to check on the status. he came out and told me the tires were in stock and i could pull into the service bay and they would install them now. Even offered me Uber credits to go somewhere while they did the estimated 2-hour service
So far great service. no arguing and service on demand even when not expected.
Next was probably the best part, although it had nothing to do with my service request.
When I pulled my car into the service bay, I notice 4 rows of bumpers hanging on the wall opposite the service writers. It had to be 30+ bumper hanging on the wall like some eccentric's art installation
I asked the service writer if this was some sort of "wall of shame" for tesla owners running over curbs?
He told me it was just the opposite. The service center had stocked up on bumpers because the transport companies kept ripping of front bumper loading and unloading Tesla cars. having bumpers in stock, painted, and ready to go cut down on turnaround time for customer deliveries.
Not sure if I have ever had a traditional car dealer do that.
For anyone wanting to know Tesla did not charge for the tire swap. I received Continental ProContact RX. Service said Tesla cost would have been around $1445 if I would have had to pay.
Have to admit after hearing some horror stories on this forum my expectations were not high, but I can say for this appointment Tesla exceeded my expectations and then some.

Went for my first Tesla service for my 2022 MSLR. I have a 2020 model 3 that has never required a service appointment in the 3 years we have owned it, so this is my first Tesla service experience.
When my car was delivered last month, it was missing the trunk parcel shelf and had summer performance tires. When I ordered the car last October, I had requested All-season tires The. SA told me most MSLR with 19inch wheels delivered to the Midwest would come with All-season tires, but if the car did not come with the requested tires tesla would change them free of charge.
When I picked up the car, I noticed I had the wrong tires. I told the SA and he told me the tires were out of stock and Tesla would contact me when the tires arrived.
I put in a service request through the app for the shelf and received notification last week that I could come in and pick up the shelf.
I showed up at Tesla service for St. Louis on Thursday and a tech met me outside the service garage with my shelf in hand. he asked me if I needed anything else. I told him about the tires, and he went into the service bay to check on the status. he came out and told me the tires were in stock and i could pull into the service bay and they would install them now. Even offered me Uber credits to go somewhere while they did the estimated 2-hour service
Next was probably the best part, although it had nothing to do with my service request.
When I pulled my car into the service bay, I notice 4 rows of bumpers hanging on the wall opposite the service writers. It had to be 30+ bumper hanging on the wall like some eccentric's art installation
I asked the service writer if this was some sort of "wall of shame" for tesla owners running over curbs?
He told me it was just the opposite. The service center had stocked up on bumpers because the transport companies kept ripping of front bumper loading and unloading Tesla cars. having bumpers in stock, painted, and ready to go cut down on turnaround time for customer deliveries.
For anyone wanting to know Tesla did not charge for the tire swap. I received Continental ProContact RX. Service said Tesla cost would have been around $1445 if I would have had to pay.
Have to admit after hearing some horror stories on this forum my expectations were not high, but I can say for this appointment Tesla exceeded my expectations and then some.
I had Tesla put those same tires on my Plaid for the same reason and I love them. Also have them on my MYP. You won’t be disappointed.

Sounds good. I told my SA that I wanted all seasons as I will be driving it this Winter. He said, "it will come with whatever tires the vehicle is built with, we must deliver with.. You can request a new build if you are not satisfied with the tires when the vehicle arrives.." So basicly... F. U. Take it or end up getting another car with... Summer tires!!!😡🤬

Sounds good. I told my SA that I wanted all seasons as I will be driving it this Winter. He said, "it will come with whatever tires the vehicle is built with, we must deliver with.. You can request a new build if you are not satisfied with the tires when the vehicle arrives.." So basicly... F. U. Take it or end up getting another car with... Summer tires!!!😡🤬
I had the same problem when I called and proactively spoke with an SA about a month ago. Really ridiculous level of service.