Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up the MS Plaid tomorrow. Finally. I'm printing off the PDF checklist, but have a dumb question. I ordered before they took away the mobile connector. Should I expect them to include it? Not wanting to push too hard if that isn't the norm any more.
If it was included when you ordered it, you will get it.

And now let’s (re)begin the “demand is dead for Plaids”, Tesla has overproduced them, they can’t give them away and should discount them discussion.

Lmao you know it'll happen! 🤣

BREAKING: Demand drops to zero with Plaid surplus due to buyers waiting for new features launching in July.

RN1169 MSLR/Silver/Black/21s/FSD moved on Saturday from July 15-August 26 to November 18-January 27.
Coincidentally my trade-in valuation had expired (valid for 30 days) and I had to resubmit pictures and odometer and it has been sitting waiting for valuation since Friday. Hoping it will move back once the valuation is completed.
RN1170 - same thing happened to me a few weeks ago... also seeing November - January time frame now. Hope it does move back to July/August.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Aight got another weird one, my seats been making a squeaking noise whenever I hit a bump, or just move in my seat somewhat heavily.
THe tech that came out said if it doesn't go away to bring it in (when he came to tell me I could of adjusted my lights weeks earlier).

But I noticed over the last week or two that the seat seems to be leaning less forward at max setting. (IE it's leaning back more over time)
And I thought it was just a placebo, until today when my seat went into "entry position" and moved forward, instead of normally leaning slightly backwards....

So now my normal sitting position only goes so far, and when it goes back into entry position, it will magically lean forward some .-.

Anyone experienced this?
Not sure if anyone saw this, but Tesla couldn't fix the seat that was in the car because of part shortages. They did completely replace the entire seat for me though!

1) It fixed the awful squeaking noise that was getting worse every day
2) I was right, the seat wasn't going forward even remotely close to what it should! Glad to know I wasn't just going crazy

So far so good now, besides the center console rattling along with a variety of other noises....

For a $100k car and sub 4k miles, lot of rattling noises .-.

I finally completed the purchase of my 2022 MSLR on Saturday, 380 days after placing an order. The vehicle was in great shape - almost no issues. No missing parts, no distorted glass, no paint flaws. Panel alignments look good. I do have the "worm" under the airbag cover on the yoke but don't find it annoying. I only see it in certain lighting situations.

I almost did not leave with the car because of a payment issue. Tesla uses Plaid as their online payment processor. I had planned on inspecting the car then transferring funds for payment if all went well. While the inspection went well, Plaid failed on the final step of the payment process. I could link to my credit union, select the correct account (displaying accurate balances so I know the connection succeeded) but Plaid would not accept my Routing Number and/or Account Number. My credit union was aware of the problem with Plaid and had a work-around but it would not work with the Tesla-Plaid payment setup. I was able to obtain a cashier's check and completed the purchase a few hours later. In hindsight, I wish I had arrived with a cashier's check. My SA was great and tried everything he could to help with the payment frustration.

I was surprised to find out that Tesla has a policy that you can't drive the vehicle until after payment. Thankfully, driving the vehicle did not uncover any problems.

My VIN was older - NF477 - and my build date was in late April. I do believe what I was told - the vehicle was at the factory waiting for parts. Mileage was in single digits when delivered. Just a guess, but there might have been more attention to quality at that time. I'm glad my car isn't being rushed out the factory door for the end-of-quarter craziness.

Once I figure out how to make Sirius/XM work, all will be fine. I suspect the problem is with Sirius/XM since I called to setup a trial subscription but never received any follow-up emails from Sirius/XM.

While I like almost everything about the vehicle, I'll need more time to adapt to the yoke. For now, the yoke feels like a gimmick. I miss having a turn signal stalk. After years of driving, I keep reaching for things that are not there. All in good time.

On to trying to understanding coatings and protectants...

PS - Thanks to everyone who helped with Tesla therapy in this forum. Who knew that spending this much money would be so fraught with angst!
I had issues with Plaid too. Then the SA had me just enter a routing number and account via ACH wire on their laptop and it was done instantly. No linking accounts or anything. That’s how it used to be done before this Plaid crap. Same exact info that is on a check. Wire didn’t even transfer until a couple days later.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid