Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RN1169 MSLR/Silver/Black/21s/FSD moved on Saturday from July 15-August 26 to November 18-January 27.
Coincidentally my trade-in valuation had expired (valid for 30 days) and I had to resubmit pictures and odometer and it has been sitting waiting for valuation since Friday. Hoping it will move back once the valuation is completed.
Oh, I had that problem - I wasted 2+ months looking at my delivery window regularly getting pushed until I called them. It was because my account was in limbo due to trade-in expiration. 2 days after calling them and taking the trade-in off the account they pulled the date back to June 22 from November 22 (which would have been 13mo!!).

In the meantime I added the trade-in back, and again it's getting close to expiration; hopefully I'll get the Tesla before then 🤞

Original order 10/2021, RN 1158, MSLR MidnightSilver, Cream, 21", FSD
Current EDD 06/22 - 07/13

Oh, I had that problem - I wasted 2+ months looking at my delivery window regularly getting pushed until I called them. It was because my account was in limbo due to trade-in expiration. 2 days after calling them and taking the trade-in off the account they pulled the date back to June 22 from November 22 (which would have been 13mo!!).

In the meantime I added the trade-in back, and again it's getting close to expiration; hopefully I'll get the Tesla before then 🤞

I would just wait on the trade in till you get a Vin.

Turns out it was an issue with an alignment that I had done two weeks ago on the current vehicle. The garage entered an odometer reading which is 4X what is on the actual vehicle and that went to CarFax. Due to the discrepancy my valuation is on hold until I get the CarFax mileage corrected.

Took delivery today. Missing floor mats, trunk pieces and license plate holder.

I also got Pirelli tires on the 19” wheels. Are these the summer ones or all seasons?

I ended up scheduling a service call under “Other”. Is that the right process? My experience at the dealership was super rushed so I want to be sure I’m doing this right.
Vin?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Picking up the MS Plaid tomorrow. Finally. I'm printing off the PDF checklist, but have a dumb question. I ordered before they took away the mobile connector. Should I expect them to include it? Not wanting to push too hard if that isn't the norm any more.
Yes, it should be included in any order before late April. The 22nd I believe, but search here in this thread for the exact date.

Out of the blue yesterday, Tesla calls me! Was a random area code “725” number. Was driving and honestly thought it was spam. But answered anyway and glad that I did. It was someone from the trade-in department. She wanted to know if I wanted to add a free trade-in quote to my account because my delivery was “fast approaching”. Sure, why not? I had originally done one in the portal about 8-9 months ago when I ordered! She said she would text me the required info and I could get it back to her at my leisure once I land. I did so later in the day and now my portal says “pending” for a trade-in valuation. I was so excited to hear from her… I told her that she was the first person from Tesla to proactively reach out to me about anything in 9 months! Haha I kept her on the phone for about 15 minutes picking her brain, I was so excited! EDD still 7/18-8/22 but maybe something is about to happen? I know the trade values are only good for 30 days. She was super nice, “you’re going to love the car, it’s worth the wait, it’s the most advanced thing in the road today etc…”