Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine is 483. Overall it’s pretty good, here’s my list for the service center
Two scratches under front bumper. One left side. One
right side.
Passenger side front door not closing properly
compared to other doors. More force is required.
Missing floor mats
Missing trunk floor and side floor
Missing parcel shelf.
Rubber trim protruding passenger side rear door.
Secondary shifting buttons one button is not going
away.
Rear creaking noise from driver side rear top seatbelt
assembly.
Paint bubble on rear driver side.
I received my 479 over the weekend. I also had the secondary shifting button problem (the plastic is messed up so you see the D all the time even when not illuminated). Also my driver side A pillar was not connected properly it was coming off (I think the clips are broken). Scheduled with service to fix it next week.

Ahh. Called telsa and they finally answered, weren’t replying to text and wanted to see what was going on seeing the vin was now missing and the mvpa was also and couldn’t make any changes. Talked to them 2 times in the last week once the day I got a vin and said it was on the way to the train to get transported and another a few days later saying it was in transit and to verify things and schedule an appointment. Now today they are confused saying maybe I got a vin before it was built? And not sure what is up. I sold our car, canceled old insurance, have the financing all set and now maybe there isn’t even a car made? What a mess!

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I learned something new today. The model S and I assume the X come with dual pane windows. I am assuming it is all the door glass. Not sure about the other pieces.

When did they start doing this anyone know?

Yep and what that means is distortion through the rear windows, side windows, looking diagonally across the windshield etc when making a turn (enjoy the ripples!). Be nice if Tesla could get this glass right, but... not yet.

With the issue of under bumper scratches becoming a common problem because of careless loading onto car carriers, one has to wonder if the air must leak out of the suspension systems or if the suspension was not raised before loading???
Never assume equipment failures when carelessness is possible.

Nothing on the refresh issues thread about suspension damage afaik.

For anyone picking up their cars, I created a new delivery checklist: 2022 Model S: Delivery Checklist

I consolidated two checklists from the main delivery thread, and organized them by area of the car so it's easier to go through the car section by section. I personally find this easier than the comprehensive but ad-hoc lists that currently exist

Some pages back, Some one asked about quality issues on VIN 480+.

Here is what I found so far on 479.

TL;DW:. Damage under the car, seat and door gasket wrinkles, minor loose and misaligned interior bits.

Pretty standard. I have a 479 and it's give or take, - mostly the same. By the way that speaker grille up front - they're all like that from what I can tell. The passenger side for some reason they can't seem to align as well as the driver's side. My 2021 was terrible in this regard, and my 2022 is better (like yours) - but not perfect. I've sat in a few others and they're the same.

Pretty standard. I have a 479 and it's give or take, - mostly the same. By the way that speaker grille up front - they're all like that from what I can tell. The passenger side for some reason they can't seem to align as well as the driver's side. My 2021 was terrible in this regard, and my 2022 is better (like yours) - but not perfect. I've sat in a few others and they're the same.
And, when I saw it, made me look at my '15. Same, except worse.

Yep and what that means is distortion through the rear windows, side windows, looking diagonally across the windshield etc when making a turn (enjoy the ripples!). Be nice if Tesla could get this glass right, but... not yet.
All windshields for all cars are multi pane. I had mine replaced for a ripple in line of sight. New one is acceptable.

All windshields for all cars are multi pane. I had mine replaced for a ripple in line of sight. New one is acceptable.

Yep, my 2021 had its windshield replaced for a ripple in the line of sight. The replacement was OK, but they all still have the ripples you can see across car windshield (i.e. opposite side) when driving. My wife can see them in my area of the windshield as a passenger, for example. Not worth replacing as they're all like that.