Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picking up a Blue/Cream LR tomorrow and happy about that. Normally would have been a Plaid guy but living in the Peoples Republic of British Columbia (Canada), every level of government has taken aim at the Plaids. There is a 20% Provincial tax, a 5% Federal Tax and a 20% luxury tax and on top of that, government insurance has classified them as "Supercars" and doubled the insurance premiums.

Most people who would buy a plaid would be in the top income bracket (53%) so it would take over $500000 of earned pre-tax income to buy a Plaid right now. LR's are taxed at 20% and insurance is "normal" so it's very expensive to add that third motor. Probably not a good future for Plaids here ...

94 Plaids showing in inventory. Is this going to be the first quarter they do not sell them all??? Kind of feeling that it may happen. 3-4 more days..
Well, that increase my chance to receive a Vin early in July. I’m still waiting since Feb 27 here in Puerto Rico. Whatever they send here takes another month to get it and cash in so it won’t made the cut for the EOQ.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Picking up a Blue/Cream LR tomorrow and happy about that. Normally would have been a Plaid guy but living in the Peoples Republic of British Columbia (Canada), every level of government has taken aim at the Plaids. There is a 20% Provincial tax, a 5% Federal Tax and a 20% luxury tax and on top of that, government insurance has classified them as "Supercars" and doubled the insurance premiums.

Most people who would buy a plaid would be in the top income bracket (53%) so it would take over $500000 of earned pre-tax income to buy a Plaid right now. LR's are taxed at 20% and insurance is "normal" so it's very expensive to add that third motor. Probably not a good future for Plaids here ...
Besides, where can you open up a Plaid on Vancouver roads? LR is fast enough as far as I am concerned.

So I am set to pick up my Plaid (Black on Black) Thursday. I had a second on order with a different configuration (Black on Cream) to see which would come in first, AND that one also popped up for delivery today as well. Confusingly, they changed the interior on the second to match the former, and didn’t realize that I was the holder on both reservations. They are pushing the EoQ hard here.

So I am set to pick up my Plaid (Black on Black) Thursday. I had a second on order with a different configuration (Black on Cream) to see which would come in first, AND that one also popped up for delivery today as well. Confusingly, they changed the interior on the second to match the former, and didn’t realize that I was the holder on both reservations. They are pushing the EoQ hard here.
Insist on the Cream. As the saying goes, “you are supreme with cream”.

Exactly the same reason why I went with a LR too

I wonder why Tire Rack would list these as close out?
36CFB870-04B8-4406-A04F-EBFCC3EFE070.jpeg

Last edited:

That's insane mode.
Besides, where can you open up a Plaid on Vancouver roads? LR is fast enough as far as I am concerned.
I'm more of an acceleration junkie, and you need less room in the Plaid to enjoy that than any car I've ever owned, by far.

Guys
Question on the edd window range.

In the past 1 month, my edd window range has gone from - 42 days, 35 days (but the windows pushed forward), and now 21 days (again, window pushed forward).

Does this mean I should be seeing it sometime soon?

I remember reading abt the delivery window narrowing to mean a good thing... Unless I'm mistaken.

Guys

In the past 1 month, my edd window range has gone from - 42 days, 35 days (but the windows pushed forward), and now 21 days (again, window pushed forward).

I remember reading abt the delivery window narrowing to mean a good thing... Unless I'm mistaken.
Based on my experience the date range does not really mean much. Until you have a VIN# the EDD Monkey will do as it wishes. Based on the recent batch of Red/Cream cars that just went out (including mine) most were orders from May-July. Based on your order date I would say you still have a ways to go unfortunately.

I hope I'm wrong for your sake. There is a geographical location wildcard that sometimes helps.

If anyone is in need of a set of 4 new takeoff 19" tires (Pirelli PZero elect) with less than about 20 miles total on them (stripes still intact on treads), PM me and lets work something out. Will ship if you cover shipping. I know brand new, the set is like $1700+ from tire rack. I'll sell for hundreds less.

Guys

Generally a smaller window means you’re getting closer to delivery, most see a window of 1-2 weeks before getting a VIN. Some have also magically got VINs with a 1 month EDD window.