Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I did just take a quick look and my cover IS there, it may not be glued/secured though. I have heard some vibration in and around that area but I think it may have been a garage opener I have in the console rattling on a work phone.

Added to the list.

I am currently trying to get Sirius XM to work and have been unsuccessful. I just called them and they supposedly activated it and pinged the car but still no dice. Will check again next time I go out and call back if needed.
It’s not glued or secured well. Probably like mine…

Finally got around to inspecting the vehicle and there are some minor issues. Would you all accept delivery?

The biggest issue is a big scratch/paint defect at the bottom of the passenger rear door.
image2.jpeg
image0 (1).jpeg
image1 (1).jpeg

image0 (2).jpeg

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Finally got around to inspecting the vehicle and there are some minor issues. Would you all accept delivery?

The biggest issue is a big scratch/paint defect at the bottom of the passenger rear door. View attachment 822351View attachment 822352View attachment 822353

View attachment 822350
not sure what I am looking at with the mirror photo but the other two would for sure need to be fixed. I would have to take a much closer look at the rest of the paint job on the car. I am assuming that last picture is the base of the door and the rocker panel underneath. almost looks thin/touched up there too near where that scratch is..

Sorry you're having these issues. super frusterating.

The biggest issue is a big scratch/paint defect at the bottom of the passenger rear door. View attachment 822351View attachment 822352View attachment 822353

View attachment 822350
Correct, last pic is bottom of passenger door. Big gauge in paint, will need to be repainted. The other pics show a small dent in the black trim near the driver mirror, some paint overspray on the lower front fascia, and slightly misaligned lower panel. I could live with those but I'm not sure what to do about the paint defect. Do I want a brand new car needed a repaint? Don't want to be a jerk either and refuse delivery over something fairly minor.

Correct, last pic is bottom of passenger door. Big gauge in paint, will need to be repainted. The other pics show a small dent in the black trim near the driver mirror, some paint overspray on the lower front fascia, and slightly misaligned lower panel. I could live with those but I'm not sure what to do about the paint defect. Do I want a brand new car needed a repaint? Don't want to be a jerk either and refuse delivery over something fairly minor.
Wow at this point id probably accept it unless you wanna wait again but they need to fix them now.

Well that’s not what the website indicated when I bought mine, lol. I’ll be happy to accept a set though.
Not that I'm ever likely to go 162, let alone 175 or 200.... but Tesla does owe the owners of a Plaid the "due bill" on this. Certainly owners who took delivery when it was "proper wheels and tires" listed as the only requirement on the website.

Figure it’s the $20k carbon ceramics.
Correct, carbon-ceramic brakes and the high-performance wheel and tire package are required for 200mph.

1656470483418.png

Not that I'm ever likely to go 162, let alone 175 or 200.... but Tesla does owe the owners of a Plaid the "due bill" on this. Certainly owners who took delivery when it was "proper wheels and tires" listed as the only requirement on the website.
They do indeed. The full wording was "The indicated Plaid top speed requires proper wheels and tires which will be available in Fall 2021." I'm happy to meet that proper wheels and tires requirement but I'm not going to wait forever.

Don’t even hesitant. This rocket ship will fly you to other galaxies. Even the Space X Falcon 9 Rocket has cosmetic issues. 🙃
I ended up taking it. End of day its a minor defect and should be corrected and I’ll move on.

On a side note, having ordered the car blindly, the interior is really nice. The materials feel fairly premium and well put together. I think the seats in my 21 f150 platinum are more comfortable however.