Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Correct, carbon-ceramic brakes and the high-performance wheel and tire package are required for 200mph.

View attachment 822444
They have not specified those wheels and tires yet as the requirement to unlock 200mph. The carbon ceramic brakes (or any other hardware) were not a requirement when I ordered or took delivery. They are welcome to upgrade my brakes anytime though.

I suspect when they post the specific requirements they will be bombarded with upset owners (justified) demands for no charge upgrades.

They have not specified those wheels and tires yet as the requirement to unlock 200mph. The carbon ceramic brakes (or any other hardware) were not a requirement when I ordered or took delivery. They are welcome to upgrade my brakes anytime though.

I suspect when they post the specific requirements they will be bombarded with upset owners (justified) demands for no charge upgrades.
When did they make the change on the site?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Correct, carbon-ceramic brakes and the high-performance wheel and tire package are required for 200mph.

View attachment 822444
That’s a reasonable guess, but no official word from Tesla on any detailed requirements.

That’s a reasonable guess, but no official word from Tesla on any detailed requirements.
One of two reasons:
A) They're too busy (and somewhat disorganized) and haven't gotten around to it.
B) They know damn well they said that early cars only needed wheels and tires but now know they need the brake upgrade and don't want to have to give away a few thousand carbon brake kits.

I'm thinking it's about 80/20 between the two.

One of two reasons:
A) They're too busy (and somewhat disorganized) and haven't gotten around to it.
B) They know damn well they said that early cars only needed wheels and tires but now know they need the brake upgrade and don't want to have to give away a few thousand carbon brake kits.

I'm thinking it's about 80/20 between the two.

You are too cynical. Their PR department is crafting a well worded press release to address this issue. It will be out March 2022.

From the Tesla configuration site... the wording sounds pretty open-ended to me. ;)

1656523577518.png

Freaking Tesla, I have a slow leak in one of my tires since I picked up the car. I can't schedule a service since I got one scheduled already in July. No one will pick up the phone in the service center, so now I have to keep filling my 100k car with the air on a daily basis so I can drive it for the day. yay.
Can you just drive it to the service center? Or another tire store? I realize the latter means you are going to be dealing with getting reimbursed from Tesla.

so now I have to keep filling my 100k car with the air on a daily basis so I can drive it for the day. yay.

Can you just drive it to the service center? Or another tire store? I realize the latter means you are going to be dealing with getting reimbursed from Tesla.
Most tire stores in my area do free puncture repairs, assuming it isn't sidewall damage that can't be patched.

But in any case, if it is a puncture Tesla isn't going to cover it under warranty. (Unless you could prove that the puncture happened before you took delivery of the vehicle.)

Most tire stores in my area do free puncture repairs, assuming it isn't sidewall damage that can't be patched.

But in any case, if it is a puncture Tesla isn't going to cover it under warranty. (Unless you could prove that the puncture happened before you took delivery of the vehicle.)
Yep. I went to Discount Tire last week with a large nail in the middle of the center of my wifes Y. Slow leak, so I was able to take the wheel/tire off myself and drop it off at Discount. They give automated status updates via text. Picked it up (patched/plugged) 2 hours later for free.

It is not worth dealing with Tesla for tire services especially you are talking about daily pumping air. Tire store can fix it either free or around $25 if it is a nail not in the side wall. Unfortunately if you get one in the side, you are looking at a new tire and Tesla will say you hit a nail, not their problem anyway.

It is not worth dealing with Tesla for tire services especially you are talking about daily pumping air. Tire store can fix it either free or around $25 if it is a nail not in the side wall. Unfortunately if you get one in the side, you are looking at a new tire and Tesla will say you hit a nail, not their problem anyway.
I have a teslafi TPS graph that shows tire pressure of 36 on the day of pickup. But yea I'll try discount tire if I don't hear back.