Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven‘t checked in here recently but 1 year to the day since I picked up the MSLR so felt like I was overdue a post. I see that the delivery monkey is still up to the same old tricks and quality control is, on balance, about the same. No regrets, love the car, the yoke, the minor panel gaps, the lack of swivel screen, the 2012 lights, the old hinges and all. Don’t like the horn button or the lack of a proper back up warning system for approaching vehicles but thats about the extent of it. Hope EOQ push treats those getting cars as well as it dId me and for those waiting, imo, it’s definitely worth it. Lifetime energy use is 295 wh/mi and best 0-60 draggy time (posted many moons ago) was 3.23s (3.02 with roll out).

Haven‘t checked in here recently but 1 year to the day since I picked up the MSLR so felt like I was overdue a post. I see that the delivery monkey is still up to the same old tricks and quality control is, on balance, about the same. No regrets, love the car, the yoke, the minor panel gaps, the lack of swivel screen, the 2012 lights, the old hinges and all. Don’t like the horn button or the lack of a proper back up warning system for approaching vehicles but thats about the extent of it. Hope EOQ push treats those getting cars as well as it dId me and for those waiting, imo, it’s definitely worth it. Lifetime energy use is 295 wh/mi and best 0-60 draggy time (posted many moons ago) was 3.23s (3.02 with roll out).
Glad to see you still love it!

Reactions: jebinc and DLCT
Absolutely, next one may be a PlaId, don’t tell Mrs DLCT though. Great to see you spreading positivity as always and also to see @Hayseed_MS, just need to get a like from @Tigers and it will be like old times. Be well all. this forum is always great!

For @Tigers you may need to check the prius or Nissan forum...

Been on another long trip (will be over 40k this weekend). Playing with ARNR. Maybe it was last update but toggling ARNR definitely has an effect. There is a marked reduction in the tire noise. Still can be noisy but def a marked improvement.
Yup, posted about it in a ANR thread a couple weeks ago. I even have a recording that picks it up changing when you flip it.

Good luck with that based on Tesla's track record. ;)
Well, Tesla refunded me $5000 after dropping the price of my 2018 Model 3 Stealth Performance. Then they released track mode for it when the forum collective said that would be impossible, and they gave me a free set of Zero G wheels for referral program. So in my experience Tesla does come through.

I picked up at a SC and I wasn't allowed to open the car to inspect inside before accepting it. I argued for several minutes with them and finally I gave in since they confirmed they'll fix anything I find wrong inside after acceptance. There were some issues on the interior and they did warranty/replace the issues I found for free after accepting.
I loved how you didn't have to interact with anyone at Tesla when you bought the car. No bringing out the manager and getting put in "the room". But this seems more like a slimey move that we were all happy to move on from.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Well, Tesla refunded me $5000 after dropping the price of my 2018 Model 3 Stealth Performance. Then they released track mode for it when the forum collective said that would be impossible, and they gave me a free set of Zero G wheels for referral program. So in my experience Tesla does come through.
Tesla in 2018 is not Tesla in 2022.

I think they may have finally caught up to the PLAID demand....101 showing in inventory right now. Most I have ever seen. Granted I am sure there are still outstanding orders but seems like they are producing enough at this point to meet current demand.

View attachment 822854
I’m actually blown away by how many used vehicles are listed for sale across all the models right now

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I’m actually blown away by how many used vehicles are listed for sale across all the models right now
It's because of many factors. Besides the used car resale mania that will end, I "think" Tesla did a terrible job differentiating the Plaid from the LR. A Porsche Turbo gets so many more features than a regular one or an AMG Mercedes than a regular one. Besides the speed and piping, you get nothing for $40k. They could have added some cooler inside trim features (yoke plaid only) or like kind. JMO