Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am planning a BMW trade-in and was wondering what is the place that would currently offer the highest amount - Tesla, Carvana, Vroom, GiveMeTheVin, BMW dealer, etc...
I've had good success in the past using CarMax (if one is near you). Hassle free and good pricing. No guilt if not buying a car to replace it. I'm doing my BMW through Tesla only because there valuation wasn't that far off CarMax and they make it real easy. But if there was a larger gap, I'd do something else. All the other sites you've mentioned should/ will give you a quote so it's worth shopping around. I just don't have experience actually using them. If you have the time, selling it privately will always get you the most money, but it's a hassle and there is a cost to my time.

My EDD changed this morning from Aug 14-October 12 to Sept. 5-Oct. 17. I guess it’s good that the window narrowed from about 8 weeks to 6 weeks. My dates have only changed 3 times so far.

MSLR red with black interior, no FSD, 19” wheels. OD 1/31/22. First EDD 06/15/22. Changed 3 times. Currently 09/05/22-10/17/22 RN1164… Columbus, Ohio.
Maybe Tesla realizes that MSLR orders need love too!
My EDD narrowed a bit as well. Also 3rd movement since ordering in March.
RN1168 - Model S LR /MSM/White/19" Tempest/No FSD EAP/Current ED Aug 30th - Oct 25th - Sep 04th - Oct 30th - Sep 08th - Oct 20th - located in GA

Maybe Tesla realizes that MSLR orders need love too!
My EDD narrowed a bit as well. Also 3rd movement since ordering in March.
RN1168 - Model S LR /MSM/White/19" Tempest/No FSD EAP/Current ED Aug 30th - Oct 25th - Sep 04th - Oct 30th - Sep 08th - Oct 20th - located in GA

Fingers crossed for all of us. We are currently using our 17 year old son’s car as our second car. That’ll essentially end when he goes to back to school this fall. Come on, Tesla. Take my money.

My EDD changed this morning from Aug 14-October 12 to Sept. 5-Oct. 17. I guess it’s good that the window narrowed from about 8 weeks to 6 weeks. My dates have only changed 3 times so far.

MSLR red with black interior, no FSD, 19” wheels. OD 1/31/22. First EDD 06/15/22. Changed 3 times. Currently 09/05/22-10/17/22 RN1164… Columbus, Ohio.
Sounds like I’m right with you! I ordered of 2/6. White on white with 21in wheels. Also columbus Ohio pickup. Right now my Edd is August 23 to October 18. Hoping my EDD to narrow soon.

My account was placed on hold after refusing a June delivery so I wouldn’t get re-matched with the same vehicle. I received an email yesterday from Tesla that my order would be canceled if I didn’t take it off hold by July 17th. I took it off hold today. It will be interesting to see my estimated delivery date.

Will Tesla allow you to trade in two vehicles?

My account was placed on hold after refusing a June delivery so I wouldn’t get re-matched with the same vehicle. I received an email yesterday from Tesla that my order would be canceled if I didn’t take it off hold by July 17th. I took it off hold today. It will be interesting to see my estimated delivery date.

I’d be curious to see your new date as well. Also, I believe I read somewhere that Tesla only takes 1 trade-in. I sold my car to Germain in Columbus Ohio instead after getting a pretty good offer from Carmax. I used that offer with Germain and they bettered it.

I’d be curious to see your new date as well. Also, I believe I read somewhere that Tesla only takes 1 trade-in. I sold my car to Germain in Columbus Ohio instead after getting a pretty good offer from Carmax. I used that offer with Germain and they bettered it.
After my hold was lifted in early May with out asking me, got the car in 3 weeks.

After seeing the last video of empty parking lots at Tesla, someone guessed it was a maintenance shutdown. Now I'm not one to spread rumors but, I can't help myself to think there is another change coming that Telsa is gearing up for...
Any speculators out there?????🤪
AP HW 4.0? That’s the only thing I’ve seen consistently found in the newest SW updates since earlier this year. Was supposed to debut on the Cybertruck but due to production delays it’s supposed to debut on the S.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
After seeing the last video of empty parking lots at Tesla, someone guessed it was a maintenance shutdown. Now I'm not one to spread rumors but, I can't help myself to think there is another change coming that Telsa is gearing up for...
Any speculators out there?????🤪
Yeah, we'll have to see! From what I've heard, if something is happening, it's happening this month or next. But don't quote me on that, things are very fluid with Tesla. :)

They will. You have to ask them to let you enter a second vehicle, which I did via text to the number that had initially texted me.