Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 3B818E37-E3E4-4282-92B2-22D840164494.jpeg
    3B818E37-E3E4-4282-92B2-22D840164494.jpeg
    414 KB · Views: 65
Huh looks like new deliveries don't get the key fobs any more?

Seriously that's some bull.

Its like a bait and switch pretty much.

For one of the most valuable company by market cap, and with a clown of a ceo knocking up his employees... This is where they decided they needed to cut cost on? 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Seriously that's some bull.

Its like a bait and switch pretty much.

For one of the most valuable company by market cap, and with a clown of a ceo knocking up his employees... This is where they decided they needed to cut cost on? 🤦‍♂️
I don’t get it. The FOBs were cool some time back. Seem dated to me now.

I have the phone and a physical key card. My FOBs were great for our ‘17 S&X that didn’t have either of those (you would have to use the app instead of it being touchless and requiring only proximity to the car).

For our ‘22 SP, I haven’t touched the FOBs. They have no value to me. Wife’s‘22 YP has no FOBs.

She could not care less.

Huh looks like new deliveries don't get the key fobs any more?

Interesting. From what I heard the mobile charger was discontinued by "order date" after their decision to stop providing it - so any orders before then even if delivered year later should still get the mobile charger. In this case, for fobs, it seems that is defined by 'delivery date" meaning even if your order was before this decision, the fobs will not be delivered after their decision to stop providing them (from the article - July 1). Not sure if this is ok in certain states that have stronger consumer protection laws since when you ordered the car these items were part of the order/car configuration.

I don’t get it. The FOBs were cool some time back. Seem dated to me now.

I have the phone and a physical key card. My FOBs were great for our ‘17 S&X that didn’t have either of those (you would have to use the app instead of it being touchless and requiring only proximity to the car).

For our ‘22 SP, I haven’t touched the FOBs. They have no value to me. Wife’s‘22 YP has no FOBs.

She could not care less.

Yep seems to be another one of those cost cutting measures for items that provide very little impact to the end user.

I think they are cool and this was our first Tesla. The wife is using one in her purse because her phone never paired at delivery and we have not bothered to try again. I use my phone and back up card in the wallet.

FOBs seem unnecessary just like the basic charger. Those that feel they need them will buy them.