Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Slowly I'm pissed off how tesla is treating his customers ... elon is talking about such kind of crazy stuff @ twitter but he can not talk with his clients - which are feeding him and his company ...

as soon as some of his best twitter friends is asking him something - he is replying immediately - but he is totally ignoring his other customers

ordered my Model S Plaid @ January 2021 (I'm from Europe)

no news from Tesla
Ah, sorry. IMHO, there will be no MS or MX for Europe for some time.

Why?

Because if you're ever used the Yoke from Hell on a roundabout, you'll know just how insane Elon's "Idea for Better Steering" really is. Ditto for "turn-signals-on-a-yoke-spoke."

Thus, I predict that there will, hopefully, be a "Round Steering Wheel and Turn Signal Stalk" option as standard equipment for Europe. But to make that happen someone has to tell Elon about it, and everyone that tells Elon things he doesn't like/want to hear typically/probably gets fired . . . .

This makes it hard to make progress on getting the refreshed MS and MX to Europe.

IMHO the tempest in a teacup about the yoke is overstated. Some people don't like it, some do, others really could care less. I adapted to it pretty quickly and have no problems single-handedly spinning it with one palm in a tight parking lot, and anything else you need to do hand-over-hand it's not terribly hard. It's more accurately a "square wheel" than a yoke as it is closed on all sides, so there's always something to grab onto.

Ah, sorry. IMHO, there will be no MS or MX for Europe for some time.

Why?

Because if you're ever used the Yoke from Hell on a roundabout, you'll know just how insane Elon's "Idea for Better Steering" really is. Ditto for "turn-signals-on-a-yoke-spoke."

Thus, I predict that there will, hopefully, be a "Round Steering Wheel and Turn Signal Stalk" option as standard equipment for Europe. But to make that happen someone has to tell Elon about it, and everyone that tells Elon things he doesn't like/want to hear typically/probably gets fired . . . .

This makes it hard to make progress on getting the refreshed MS and MX to Europe.

My car came with just the Yoke-without-Issues. Is the Yoke-from-Hell a paid upgrade at the time of order? Sounds fun.

IMHO the tempest in a teacup about the yoke is overstated. Some people don't like it, some do, others really could care less. I adapted to it pretty quickly and have no problems single-handedly spinning it with one palm in a tight parking lot, and anything else you need to do hand-over-hand it's not terribly hard. It's more accurately a "square wheel" than a yoke as it is closed on all sides, so there's always something to grab onto.

agreed. Is the Yoke Different, yes, but I am about 600 miles in and it really is a non-issue. We have a lot of roundabouts where I live and also a non-issue. I use the nubs at the top of each side and push them down with my fingers/hand, spin the wheel use the other hand to assist if necessary. It really is not difficult.

The only time I have noticed it being awkward is backing out of parking spaces. I look back reach for the top of the wheel, whoops, grab some air, then I grab the yoke. that has happened a few times but again, no biggie. I'm just stopped backing out of a spot.

People need to stop whining about it. Maybe go take some professional driving lessons, they are fun and educational.

I suspect the people struggling most with the Yoke have improper seating positions too.

The summer tires are great fun - enjoy them for the months you can and then just swap out for A/S or winter when needed. Rinse and repeat.
No thanks. Meanwhile after spending almost $1500 for All Seasons plus installation, you now can drive in cold temperatures and as needed in Winter. Summer tires are useless for customers in the North East.

No thanks. Meanwhile after spending almost $1500 for All Seasons plus installation, you now can drive in cold temperatures and as needed in Winter. Summer tires are useless for customers in the North East.
I agree. I prefer having tires that handle all seasons. I don't want a separate set to have to switch out. We'll see if they'll change to AS's (or have the option) again come winter time.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I have a new EDD of November 16 to January 25th. I know it will change often. All I can say is that I’m glad that I don’t really need it. I’m more excited about my Rivian order because the Rivian comes with a key fob. :)
I went from M3 (phone as key) to X (fob) to S (phone as key).

I dearly missed phone as key when going 3 to X.

Just gotta remember to not leave your phone in the car :)

I don’t even know where the Fobs are for my S.

You can still buy a Fob if like carrying another radio, with a battery, no screen, and no other purpose if you do wish.

Not useless - just not useful all year round. They are more fun and bring out the spirited driving of the car. I have a 20" all season complete set I use in the winter and miss the summer tires the whole time.

Not useless - just not useful all year round. They are more fun and bring out the spirited driving of the car. I have a 20" all season complete set I use in the winter and miss the summer tires the whole time.
I agree. I’m in the North East which in my opinion requires real snow tires in Winter.

My S came with Summer tires. They are awesome tires. I bought wheels for winter that came with AS. I decided to try them. The summer tires are so much better.

The only thing I do like about the AS is in transition season. You can get a cold day suddenly or very warm weeks. That might get tricky with summer tires.

I usually waited until first snow storm to put snows on. Now I need to be more careful.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I went from M3 (phone as key) to X (fob) to S (phone as key).

I dearly missed phone as key when going 3 to X.

Just gotta remember to not leave your phone in the car :)

I don’t even know where the Fobs are for my S.

You can still buy a Fob if like carrying another radio, with a battery, no screen, and no other purpose if you do wish.
I would like a metal key and a fake ignition switch like G-d intended.
I was kidding about the Tesla fob. I don’t think I’d use it much. My phone works fine in the Model Y 95% of the time.

I don’t get it. The FOBs were cool some time back. Seem dated to me now.

I have the phone and a physical key card. My FOBs were great for our ‘17 S&X that didn’t have either of those (you would have to use the app instead of it being touchless and requiring only proximity to the car).

For our ‘22 SP, I haven’t touched the FOBs. They have no value to me. Wife’s‘22 YP has no FOBs.

She could not care less.
I have to use a fob because the car won't present the handles half the time with my phone in my back pocket. Unlike our Y, unless the handles present, you can't get in the car without touching the handle if it's stowed. Not having a fob for the Y is fine.