Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to use a fob because the car won't present the handles half the time with my phone in my back pocket. Unlike our Y, unless the handles present, you can't get in the car without touching the handle if it's stowed. Not having a fob for the Y is fine.
Hmmm. Will the physical card key not do the same for you? I keep one in my wallet. Granted, my wallet is usually in my car, but the iPhone works 100% and have the watch as a backup or primary if at the beach. :)

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Hmmm. Will the physical card key not do the same for you? I keep one in my wallet. Granted, my wallet is usually in my car, but the iPhone works 100% and have the watch as a backup or primary if at the beach. :)
It doesn't. Tesla service said, "we see that from time to time, suggest you keep the fob in your front pocket". Which I had been doing. It's not bad. It's a nice fob. ;-)

I have to use a fob because the car won't present the handles half the time with my phone in my back pocket. Unlike our Y, unless the handles present, you can't get in the car without touching the handle if it's stowed. Not having a fob for the Y is fine.
Exact same thing here with a refresh S, a Plaid S, and now a Plaid X. I keep my phone upside down in my pocket...I've always wondered if that has something to do with it. But I always carry the fob because the phone is too annoying. Plus the X has added functionality that's actually useful when using the fob.

So now I am a little confused. I got an email saying it was time to make my final payment, final price sheet is available with a VIN assigned (F485), however EDD still says November 05 - January 14? VIN does not show up on the website or in the app, only on the final price sheet. Has this happened to anyone else and, if so, did you get the car sooner than later? I cannot get in touch with an SA today due to, I am assuming, the Rogers Cell outage in Canada.

So now I am a little confused. I got an email saying it was time to make my final payment, final price sheet is available with a VIN assigned (F485), however EDD still says November 05 - January 14? VIN does not show up on the website or in the app, only on the final price sheet. Has this happened to anyone else and, if so, did you get the car sooner than later? I cannot get in touch with an SA today due to, I am assuming, the Rogers Cell outage in Canada.
Same!!! In Toronto here and just logged in and was told to “

Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery”​

But EDD still showing November - January!

There’s also a MVPA attached with VIN! NF485

Same!!! In Toronto here and just logged in and was told to “

Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery”​

But EDD still showing November - January!

There’s also a MVPA attached with VIN! NF485
The agreement at the end does say that you can pay via certified cheque on delivery day, it would just be nice to know what the delivery day is going to be as I am still dealing with CarFax over an issue with my trade-in and, of course, nothing can get done today with the outage...

The agreement at the end does say that you can pay via certified cheque on delivery day, it would just be nice to know what the delivery day is going to be as I am still dealing with CarFax over an issue with my trade-in and, of course, nothing can get done today with the outage...
So from what I understand they assign VIN right after/just before the vehicle is built? So maybe another 2 weeks to get it transported here in Canada?

By the way, taking a certified check from credit union the day of and handing to them once I can at least go over the exterior of the car on site. I will also be paying my down payment by ACH (Plaid) after I inspect at least exterior of car. Any issues doing this? I know last year sales reps hounded me to no end to pay on a Model Y before I was able to see it. Even though it turned out with minor fixable issues that was a foolish mistake to pay before and I vowed to not to do it again.

But I always carry the fob because the phone is too annoying. Plus the X has added functionality that's actually useful when using the fob.

Phone is ubiquitous for us. Just stays in the pocket or her purse. Unlocking and driving is hands free.

We sold our ‘17X back in October. My memory is a bit hazy, what could you do with the FOB that you couldn’t with your phone or watch?

If you want the fobs, I will gladly sell you mine.

Same. I have yet to take them out of the zip lock bag they came in (got mine after delivery).