Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Phone is ubiquitous for us. Just stays in the pocket or her purse. Unlocking and driving is hands free.

We sold our ‘17X back in October. My memory is a bit hazy, what could you do with the FOB that you couldn’t with your phone or watch?

Same. I have yet to take them out of the zip lock bag they came in (got mine after delivery).
What can you do with your watch?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
What can you do with your watch?

Almost everything. Depending on the 3rd party app you use. Even keyless driving. But it does not use NFC or BT so you do have to use the app on your watch.

Exactly. Did I miss Tesla enabling Apple Watch as key?

Tesla does not have a watch app yet. However you can use apps like Stats, Tessie, and EVwatch. See above for what you can do.

Nope. Hasn’t happened

Not through Tesla, no.

I believe the Tessie app gives you Apple Watch controls

Correct.

I don’t think that includes Bluetooth syncing for walk up unlock. I think you have to press buttons like on the app.

Correct.

Yea I think what @Ohmster was saying is if you don’t have ur phone and you wanna say unlock the car you could use ur watch

Exactly. And even drive.

My memory is a bit hazy, what could you do with the FOB that you couldn’t with your phone or watch?
Just the opening and closing of the doors. Because I save so much time just getting out of the car and walking away rather than wasting all that time and effort turning around and extending my arm to close the door like on every other car. Except it’s a Tesla so usually when I walk away it just doesn’t close. Or partially closes. And then I get to fiddle around some more. Easily spending more time than probably all I’ve spent in my entire life closing doors cumulatively. It’s great really.

I can tell the time with mine! 🤣
🤣
boring-unimpressed.gif

Posting my unfortunate story here.
Model S LR White on Cream
Ordered in Feb

Received a Vin and delivery date of June 30.

Uber'd to sunnyvale show room and they said car wasn't ready yet.

Two days later vin gets removed. I called and they said they cancelled my car and I will be put on priority for the next one.

Two more days later, EDD set back to oct -> nov. Anyone have similar experience?

Not sure what I could have done wrong.

Same!!! In Toronto here and just logged in and was told to “

Please pay off your remaining balance prior to delivery”​

But EDD still showing November - January!
I interpret this as merely the next (final) step in the flowchart of things you must do to complete a delivery. It presents this step merely because you have completed all the earlier steps.

Wondering about the news of Tesla removing key fobs and the use of summer tires only on deliveries after July 2nd. Both articles were on a Tesla Canada website, yet there has been no mention on Electrek or Teslarati about tires or fobs. As far as fobs go? YES, I want my damn fob! Why? Because of the principle fact that when I ordered the car back in October, Tesla and I were put under contract to exchange my money for their car as promised. No different than how the moble connector was handled, based upon time of order, the fob and tire selection should be delivered as promised.
Did anyone read about the "news:" anywhere else??