Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed. The fob logistics are not "nightmarish" at all. But my post was more general about about the double-edged sword of receiving the vehicle the way "I ordered the car back in October, Tesla and I were put under contract to exchange my money for their car as promised." For example, my 2016 MS was ordered before the nose cone disappeared, but mine arrived with the new front fascia (which I prefer). All in all, I'm on the side of getting the latest updates at the time of manufacture, not a vehicle with old tech or hardware from the date of order.
You must recognize the difference between new/upgraded features being added vs. features being taken away from a consumer perspective though…. Right?

My car came with just the Yoke-without-Issues. Is the Yoke-from-Hell a paid upgrade at the time of order? Sounds fun.
Do you ever parallel park? Do you use turn signals when pulling out of that parking spot?

Do you ever use a roundabout? If so, are you in the habit of using turn signals? Please give it a try and report back; we'll be waiting . . . to hear about how it's IMPOSSIBLE to use the turn signals when then Yoke From Hell is in some awkward position while steering in a traffic circle.

Look, we all love Elon's genius when he's being smart and clever, and most hate it when he's just being silly and juvenile. The Yoke From Hell and no turn signals is an example of the latter.

Last edited:
Do you ever parallel park? Do you use turn signals when pulling out of that parking spot?

Do you ever use a roundabout? If so, are you in the habit of using turn signals? Please give it a try and report back; we'll be waiting . . . to hear about how it's IMPOSSIBLE to use the turn signals when then Yoke From Hell is in some awkward position while steering in a traffic circle.

Look, we all love Elon's genius when he's being smart and clever, and most hate it when he's just being silly and juvenile. The Yoke From Hell and no turn signals is an example of the latter.
Have no trouble with any of those tasks. Would really like to see a video of someone failing to do so without really trying to fail at it

2 Vins already assigned, 2 delivery dates scheduled, 2 calls to insurance to change, 22k final payment paid (60 days to get that refunded fyi per service rep), super low interest rate via tesla
...to get pulled right out from me for reasons who knows.. now edd pushed even further out 7/27-8/17 and reaching end of the credit with them and then them holding my final payment smh

Not to mention - sold my model Y privately right before the attempted first delivery.. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Sadly, you where HICA’d by Tesla.

You must frequent some really tight roundabouts. I’m about 30,000 miles into yolk usage and am yet to have an issue at a roundabout.
The signals and horn, yep, still not a huge fan. Although I’ve adjusted to the signals. The rest of the yoke it perfectly fine. Dare I say…better! 😲

Yes, I have done all those things several times and very successfully to boot.

Not sure if this is a form email or not, but I got this from the SA in Ottawa:

“Hello G,

I hope you’re having a great week!

It looks like your vehicle is built and have been assigned a VIN 5YJSA1E55NF485…

Since your vehicle is quickly approaching (ETA: July 23rd – August 2nd) please respond to this email confirming your delivery and login to your Tesla account to fill out the remaining sections on your Tesla profile to ensure we’re able to keep this vehicle assigned to your order. The sections include:

• Registration type (ex. Registering under 1 person / 2 persons / business)
  • Ensuring an updated drivers license is uploaded with matching address
  • Address
  • Payment Method (ex. Cash / Financing / Lease)
  • Amount Due On Delivery

If you have already completed the above sections then you can disregard those remainng steps.

I look forward to your reply.

Best regards,”

🤷🏻‍♂️

The VIN has disappeared from the website source code however.
Hmm.. well hope the SA was just clueless today then...
I searched the source code and I still see a VIN in it...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Got the tint and some PPF in front of rear wheels done last week. Looks way better and controls the temps inside the car much better now. No longer a fish bowl.

Tint is XPEL XR Prime Plus, either 15% or 20%.

What are you guys using for a windshield sunshade? What is best?

View attachment 826791
That is one sexy vehicle! Damn! I’m so glad Tesla didn’t do too much with the refresh, it looks fantastic as is.

All you need now is a spoiler, drilled rotors and red calipers!

You must frequent some really tight roundabouts. I’m about 30,000 miles into yolk usage and am yet to have an issue at a roundabout.
The signals and horn, yep, still not a huge fan. Although I’ve adjusted to the signals. The rest of the yoke it perfectly fine. Dare I say…better! 😲
The horn is 1000% terrible. I will sign every petition to get that corrected. Turn signals I’m nearly a pro at. The wife did say why didn’t they just put them in the same spot on each side of the wheel, left and right. I agree why they didn’t do that is a bit of a mystery. Otherwise I do like the yoke.

That is one sexy vehicle! Damn! I’m so glad Tesla didn’t do too much with the refresh, it looks fantastic as is.

All you need now is a spoiler, drilled rotors and red calipers!
I may consider the spoiler at some point but don’t car about the rest. Rarely use the brakes.

This car is the ultimate daily driver. So smooth and plush, creature comforts and looks amazing. Fast when you need it.

For spirited drives and ripping corner, hard braking, etc my X3MC is way more fun.

relax..take a deep breath, your all worked up over nothing.

put a few miles on the car and your issues will disappear

You have three options:
1) Get another car
2) Get one of those (ugly) steering wheel attachments
3) Learn to drive with the yoke

Is it perfect? No. I agree that the horn placement is asinine, and I assume the product of Data Scientists assessing frequency of use in determining where to put it on the wheel.

Is it better than the steering wheel in some ways? Yes. Better visibility of instrument cluster and the road. Easier to rest your arm/hands when on autopilot. And it looks cool as helll.

I’m still getting used to mine, but after 2 days of driving around I can’t say I’m unhappy with it. Lucky for you, there are 3 options to deal with it. Which will it be?

You must recognize the difference between new/upgraded features being added vs. features being taken away from a consumer perspective though…. Right?
Of course. As a consumer, I don't want any features/goodies removed and I want all the latest updates...at the original price. I also want a rainbow pony that farts glitter and whispers winning lottery numbers in my ear. As a realist, I generally prefer the updates at the expense of sometimes losing a feature. I don't think this would even be discussed if the wait between order and build weren't so extreme (and not just for Tesla.) The months dragging out between the two just give time for more changes to occur in the car.

Of course. As a consumer, I don't want any features/goodies removed and I want all the latest updates...at the original price. I also want a rainbow pony that farts glitter and whispers winning lottery numbers in my ear. As a realist, I generally prefer the updates at the expense of sometimes losing a feature. I don't think this would even be discussed if the wait between order and build weren't so extreme (and not just for Tesla.) The months dragging out between the two just give time for more changes to occur in the car.
Expecting at least the features and accessories listed when ordered is not asking for rainbow farts

The horn is 1000% terrible. I will sign every petition to get that corrected. Turn signals I’m nearly a pro at. The wife did say why didn’t they just put them in the same spot on each side of the wheel, left and right. I agree why they didn’t do that is a bit of a mystery. Otherwise I do like the yoke.
It mimics the stalk location, up for right, down for left. But then again, forward is a swipe up on the screen which is opposite of stalk function.

Expecting at least the features and accessories listed when ordered is not asking for rainbow farts
Exactly right. We were promised certain features when we ordered. If those features had been discontinued when we took delivery then we would have had the option to cancel since they were no longer available. Since they were still promised as coming when delivery occurred we had no reason to think that we would not eventually get what we ordered. This has absolutely nothing to do with features added after we ordered.