Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My estimated delivery date is holding steady at July 29-August 19. I accepted the trade-in on my BMW about 2-3 after they called 3rd week of June. The trade credit is applied to the cost in my tesla account. I wonder if the trade will still expire in 30 days if they do not complete delivery by end of this month? I don't see anything about an expiration on that trade line item like I used to the first time I submitted after order 9 months ago.
30 days is the validity period for a trade in, once it expires you'll have to get a another trade in value. Best to wait till you have a shorter EDD. In the mean time post it up privately you may end up getting more, but again don't sell until your EDD range is a week to a few days. Even then it could still move.

30 days is the validity period for a trade in, once it expires you'll have to get a another trade in value. Best to wait till you have a shorter EDD. In the mean time post it up privately you may end up getting more, but again don't sell until your EDD range is a week to a few days. Even then it could still move.
Thanks. Only reason I even offered is because they called me and asked if I wanted to trade in a car. So I said, why not? I was hoping it would be a sign from the Tesla gods that this thing is "coming soon", knowing their quotes are only valid for 30 days. Still keeping my fingers crossed that VIN will pop soon! But my fingers are starting to hurt.

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Has the VIN stayed in for you? The one I was issued has and when I look it up under "Tesla Service", it does show as a valid VIN with year and model, if I change the last number of my VIN down one it comes up with "Please check the VIN entered.". Not sure if that means anything or not but it does keep hope alive.
So does your VIN actually show up anywhere in your profile other than in the MVPA? Because mine is only in that document and also when I search the source code.. otherwise I just see the RN number. However, the VIN is still the same in my MVPA doc.
I also just searched it in that Service link you attached and it seems to be a valid VIN as well! Says no recalls lol. So hopefully it’s a good sign… otherwise no communication or anything else whatsoever from Tesla.
Oh and EDD still staying at July 23-August 2

So does your VIN actually show up anywhere in your profile other than in the MVPA? Because mine is only in that document and also when I search the source code.. otherwise I just see the RN number. However, the VIN is still the same in my MVPA doc.
I also just searched it in that Service link you attached and it seems to be a valid VIN as well! Says no recalls lol. So hopefully it’s a good sign… otherwise no communication or anything else whatsoever from Tesla.
Sounds like you have an actual match. Would still wait till you see it in the app and you’re contacted for delivery

Same for the EDD and no, it isn’t anywhere else except in the source code and MVPA. I don’t know, it seems as if the Canadian information appears differently on the website from the American version.

Providing an update here.
MSLR White/Cream 19"

Ordered 2022 March
EDD was all over the place until June.

June 27 I got an EDD of June 20 - July 15, within a day I was assigned a vin and given a hard delivery date of June 30. End of quarter rush I guess. Scrambled for insurance quotes. AAA quoted me 500 a month, yes, 500 a month. Tesla only 170 for the same coverage.

Delivery day, I showed up to the show room. Associate tells me oh JK your car got canceled. Really irritated TBH since on my drive to the show room I received a text telling me the car was ready. At EOD, EDD pushed to July 4 - July 15

July 5, my EDD is pushed to 9/17 - 11/12, vin disappears.

July 13, I just got a new vin but EDD still 9/17 - 11/12, no ones reached out to me yet.

I got quoted $96/month for the S Plaid I have on order from State Farm. $500/month is insane.

Same for the EDD and no, it isn’t anywhere else except in the source code and MVPA. I don’t know, it seems as if the Canadian information appears differently on the website from the American version.
Yeah I guess just wait and see.
Do you have an SA you’re in contact with? Maybe can ask them if they’re able to track down where the car is.

Yeah I guess just wait and see.
Do you have an SA you’re in contact with? Maybe can ask them if they’re able to track down where the car is.
I do and I don’t. I live in Cornwall, so an hour from the SC in Ottawa and have not been in. When I try an email the SA that called me I get a response from everyone but him and when I try and call I just get the run around from the answering system…🤷🏻‍♂️

At this point I’m more amused at this entire situation.. I get this message yesterday.. confirmed again for pickup.. after 2 vins that disappeared and my 22k final pay.. original pickup in June..

Then today I get an email after confirming again last night that my order is on hold again.

Called my local sc.. they say “oh.. looks like an issue with payment.. did you pay your final?” Now I’m confused since the last time I called the rep told me that it would take 60 days to get that back.

Anyway, somebody is supposed to call me back on Saturday. They said that they are moving this up the chain and into multiple departments hands.

Sold my Y right before 1st pickup lol

Pretty amusing how bad the process can get, completely different experiences from my other two purchases.

Attachments

• 08A9678C-A27F-4341-B73A-C02A84360D14.png
    08A9678C-A27F-4341-B73A-C02A84360D14.png
    410 KB · Views: 81
  • 21FC3B8C-8F46-4038-B092-A387BF15EF23.png
    21FC3B8C-8F46-4038-B092-A387BF15EF23.png
    401 KB · Views: 66
View attachment 828737
Nice. The front of the car is now stuck in drag mode so it’s basically can’t be driven. Restarts don’t help.
I remember seeing pics on this site of suspension wires worn through by coming in contact of the sidewall of the tires.
Not saying this is your problem, but is easy to check if there is enough clearence to reach the inner sidewall at the top.