Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember seeing pics on this site of suspension wires worn through by coming in contact of the sidewall of the tires.
Not saying this is your problem, but is easy to check if there is enough clearence to reach the inner sidewall at the top.
Will have a look
Wow didn’t you just get it?
Yeaup less than 100km on the car
Why can’t it be driven?
The front is basically completely aired out. It bottoms out everywhere and the front bumper hits any speeds bumps etc

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
Will have a look

Yeaup less than 100km on the car

The front is basically completely aired out. It bottoms out everywhere and the front bumper hits any speeds bumps etc
It needs to be driven to service. I figured it could make it there. Forget setting an appointment, for a failure like this drive it straight there.

I do and I don’t. I live in Cornwall, so an hour from the SC in Ottawa and have not been in. When I try an email the SA that called me I get a response from everyone but him and when I try and call I just get the run around from the answering system…🤷🏻‍♂️
I just got a text telling me my car is on the way to delivery centre and to expect a message to schedule delivery within the next week!

Good idea but they will damage it dragging the nose on the flat bed. I had to put mine in high setting to get it on a flat bed for a tow once. If not the front spoiler hits.
Had no choice but to get it flat bedded. Took pics before and I think the bumper got damaged while driving it on unfortunately. Another thing I’ll have to deal with now.

Had no choice but to get it flat bedded. Took pics before and I think the bumper got damaged while driving it on unfortunately. Another thing I’ll have to deal with now.
yea they have to use special low profile ramps to get cars that low up. normal flatbed trucks don't carry those and don't deal with exotics much, so they'll damage them. You have to specifically ask them for low profile extended ramps usually when towing exotics like lambos especially if they're lowered on the front. That sucks, but just get it taken care of in the end! gl with the repairs.

saw the model S now comes with summer tires. Any good rim/tire combos that aren’t crazy $.

For winter I made a set of tspotline 20" with tesla tpms and Michelin Pilot Sport all season 285/35r20 all around. Not too bad on money and they fit tesla center caps and lug nuts. During summer trips, I keep one in the back for a spare if needed. I think I paid around $4k for all installed and road force balanced.

EDD pushed out 2 days this morning? Was 7/28-8/18, now 7/30-8/20. Perhaps a VIN is coming soon? The news about universal summer tires is very disappointing. By the time I get my car, I will have to purchase new tires within 30-60 days in order to continue driving it. That's a slap in the face after waiting 10 months.
Agreed anyplace where it gets cold and snows should get all seasons